Home Ratings & Reviews

Diesel Unholy Cocktail...

beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 86
So I have tried about ten different sticks in the past couple of weeks, enjoyed some thoroughly and others not so much. I just got my deal of the day Diesel Unholy Cocktail today and lit one right up, (you should see me at christmas, I open everything...can't leave something unplayed with) well it is the same with cigars I guess. This stick is awesome! I love it. Still don't like Graycliff.

Comments

• ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    hahaha, I love it when people make it a point to say what they don't like in a post about what they do like. Trash talk is my favorite and I wish more people would add it into their daily speakings.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    I wasn't blown away with it, but a decent cigar.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    So far the Diesel is one of my fav's and a very reliable go to smoke.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    I enjoyed the Diesel very much.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I am looking forward to trying one of these very soon. I've got a few resting in the humi that I got from a trade with Tony and I almost can't resist them anymore... I'm thinking I might have to light one of those, or maybe my Limitada 07 from Joe tomorrow... Hell maybe BOTH! It's been a while since I've had a smoke so i need something really good.
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    I've got a single Diesel resting for a little over a month now that I plan on smoking soon. If I like it then I'll pick up a bunch more with Andrew's Christmas deal.
  • ViseronViseron Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 35
    I've had a few of these. I think they're just as phenomenal as the rest of A.J.'s blends. In fact, I still owe TheWelder 13 bucks for ordering them........
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    Been wondering about this sticks for a while now. Nice to see some good feedback on them!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    I have 6 of these in my humi right now...haven't tried one yet though. I think next time I go to the cigar bar, I will smoke one of these, I really don't wanna be freezing my ass off the first time I smoke it.
  • beardedcanadianbeardedcanadian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 86
    I sat outside again last night in the cold under a full moon and smoked another one of these...I didn't even notice the cold...I almost went back into the humi and got a third and a fourth.. :)
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    beardedcanadian:
    I sat outside again last night in the cold under a full moon and smoked another one of these...I didn't even notice the cold...I almost went back into the humi and got a third and a fourth.. :)
    Damn dude, what's your skin made out of? Leather? I don't think it was over 20 degrees last night here in Salt City

... Ah, it just hit me, "beardedcanadian"... I couldn't grow a beard to save my life. It must be like a home made scarf, built right in!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I have 2 boxes, and have smoked about 10 of them so far. They are really good quite fresh, with some age I bet they'll be much better. I think I'll smoke one this morning.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    nightmaremike31:
    beardedcanadian:
    Damn dude, what's your skin made out of? Leather? I don't think it was over 20 degrees last night here in Salt City

... Ah, it just hit me, "beardedcanadian"... I couldn't grow a beard to save my life. It must be like a home made scarf, built right in!

The answer to that question is in his call name. HE IS A CANADIAN... so yes, leather like skin ! The temps. just help to keep your stick cool ! LMAO
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    I smoked a Diesel Unholy Cocktail the other day and it was like lighting hay on fire. It absolutely sucked balls starting off. It burned really hot and had a nasty stench to it. The first inch was horrible and strange. After that it developed into a great smoke and got better as it went. I think I might just have gotten one that was bad. I have another that is resting. Definitely going to give them another shot. I was chatting with some BOTL from here while smoking it and they couldn't believe the bad experience I was having with it.

We all have different tastes and I am a huge Gurkha fanboy so maybe I am the one who is strange. IDK but I will give feedback when I smoke the next one in a few months.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Krieg:
    I have 6 of these in my humi right now...haven't tried one yet though. I think next time I go to the cigar bar, I will smoke one of these, I really don't wanna be freezing my ass off the first time I smoke it.
    Two words......

ELECTRIC BLANKET

I love going out on my patio, wrapping up in mine and enjoying a good cigar in the winter.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    I have ten of these resting in my humi...starting to get anxious as I read most of these post on how good they are. If it warms up a little bit here this may be next on the list...
  • nickgonzonickgonzo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 146
    clearlysuspect:
    Krieg:
    Two words......

ELECTRIC BLANKET

I love going out on my patio, wrapping up in mine and enjoying a good cigar in the winter.
    If they dont already they should make an electric snuggie hahaha
    Peace, Nick
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    clearlysuspect:
    Krieg:
    Two words......

ELECTRIC BLANKET

Until a snowflake makes a one in a million landing and shorts that blanket and fries your balls to a crisp and starts your pubes on fire....

Then you'll be REALLY warm!
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    nickgonzo:
    clearlysuspect:
    Krieg:
    Two words......

ELECTRIC BLANKET

Peace, Nick
    Yep! I'm holding out for the electric snuggie.... battery operated!! Put some buttons on that sucker and I wont even need clothes any more!! Turn it on when I get cold & turn it off when I get hot! haha
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Lasabar:
    clearlysuspect:
    Krieg:
    Two words......

ELECTRIC BLANKET

Until a snowflake makes a one in a million landing and shorts that blanket and fries your balls to a crisp and starts your pubes on fire....

Then you'll be REALLY warm!
    Why is it that you say this and I imagine how it would smell. WTF? Think I am up too late.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Smokeee:
    nickgonzo:
    clearlysuspect:
    Krieg:
    Two words......

ELECTRIC BLANKET

Peace, Nick
    Yep! I'm holding out for the electric snuggie.... battery operated!! Put some buttons on that sucker and I wont even need clothes any more!! Turn it on when I get cold & turn it off when I get hot! haha
    Aren't those open in the back? I'm just sayin...
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    j0z3r:
    Smokeee:
    nickgonzo:
    clearlysuspect:
    Krieg:
    Two words......

ELECTRIC BLANKET

Peace, Nick

You wish!
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    I've had three diesel's that were fairly fresh and they were great! No complaints at all...I still have a few resting in the humi, and will let them rest for several mos. I can't wait to try them then!!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    One2gofst:
    j0z3r:
    Smokeee:
    nickgonzo:
    clearlysuspect:
    Krieg:
    Two words......

ELECTRIC BLANKET

Peace, Nick

You wish!
    ZING!!
    j0z3r:
    Smokeee:
    nickgonzo:
    clearlysuspect:
    Krieg:
    Two words......

ELECTRIC BLANKET

Peace, Nick
    I wear my backwards...keeps the neighbors from coming over and bumming cigars. ;)
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    clearlysuspect:
    Krieg:
    Two words......

ELECTRIC BLANKET

I long for the days when men could sit in their high backed wing chairs in front of a roaring fire and enjoy a cigar....now we gotta garb ourselves in gloried moo moos and risk getting molested by neighbors while worrying about getting our balls blow off in freak electrical accidents....somewhere something went terribly wrong.. :-)
    Ps The Twilight Saga themed suggies would sell like hot cakes, any one down for a buis partnership?
  • 24footjet24footjet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 132
    Lasabar my stomach hurts from laughing at that line, classic. I've had a couple Diesels now and I really like them, great cigars. Kind of tastes like the Casa Magna to me with a firmer ash. More great lines please...
    I had another tonight and I must say it is still a great stick...one thing though, it goes better with coffee, or a rich Oatmeal Stout. Tonight I had it with an Organic Lager, okay three organic lagers, and it wasn't as nice as with a good dark drink...maybe next time with some good whiskey.
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 583
    I've enjoyed them with everything from Jack Daniels to water. Some go better than others, no doubt, but each one was good.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I have 3 right now, two from COTMC and one from Laker..... I want one soooo bad, but I know that when I smoke one I will automatically buy a box.... GALL DARNIT!!!