Home Ratings & Reviews

Diesel Unholy Cocktail...

13»

Comments

• Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    laker1963:
    Alex Williams:
    24footjet:
    Dennis. I absolutely love the MOW...so I ordered a box of ruinations thinking "hey it'll be better" without tasting one...right off the truck it was awful and I'm hoping that it was an anomaly, otherwise I have a box of ruinations to get rid of or let sit for awhile. Smoked great, tons of smoke, beautiful cigar but the taste was acrid and bitter and nothing like the regular MOW. I'm sure hoping it's just a one time deal. Get a 5 pack first. But the MOW is in my top 3 for sure.
    I think you'll like em a lot better with some rest but if not, please lemme know and we can work a trade of some sort out!
    The Ruinations are awesome. If you decide to unload the rest of that box, I would trade for them. Only have 5 left in my box.
    I called it first laker so back off. Or else I'll have to come up there and turn your pet into a delightful Chinese dinner. 24footjet, I love to fish, and I'm an American. What more do you need to trade with me and not that Canadian ;)
  • 24footjet24footjet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 132
    Hahaha. That's great. I'll let you guys know in a couple weeks if I plan on unloading the ruinations. That's a 14 pound steelhead in that picture, we've had some great runs the past couple years.
    Damn man! That's a big fish! Congrats
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    Alex Williams:
    and here comes the a$$ kissing....man beautiful fish, how bout them ruinations?? LOL, j/k alex, had to throw you under the bus on that one
    letsgowithbob:
    Alex Williams:
    and here comes the a$$ kissing....man beautiful fish, how bout them ruinations?? LOL, j/k alex, had to throw you under the bus on that one
    Hahaha ya I deserved it! Even though I had said that same thing on a previous thread but recieved no response :) gotta play the cards you got my friend!! Hahaha
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Alex Williams:
    letsgowithbob:
    Alex Williams:
    Hahaha ya I deserved it! Even though I had said that same thing on a previous thread but recieved no response :) gotta play the cards you got my friend!! Hahaha
    OK we have a winner. Alex, I hope that you do gat a chance to get some of these from Jet. If you want them all you can have them, I still have a half dozen or so in my box.

I wouldn't want to keep pushing this thing, cause if you keep a$$ kissing the way you are now, you will never get that taste out of your mouth in time to actually enjoy one of the Ruinations, LOL.
    (This stick tastes like $HIT !) LMAO
    laker1963:
    Alex Williams:
    letsgowithbob:
    Alex Williams:
    OK we have a winner. Alex, I hope that you do gat a chance to get some of these from Jet. If you want them all you can have them, I still have a half dozen or so in my box.

I wouldn't want to keep pushing this thing, cause if you keep a$$ kissing the way you are now, you will never get that taste out of your mouth in time to actually enjoy one of the Ruinations, LOL.
    Hahaha I am crackin up!! I tell you what laker, even though your a smart ass Canadian, your ok in my book. And the taste of shot in my mouth only occurred after I made out with your wife ;)
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Alex Williams:
    laker1963:
    Alex Williams:
    letsgowithbob:
    Alex Williams:

Hahaha I am crackin up!! I tell you what laker, even though your a smart ass Canadian, your ok in my book. And the taste of shot in my mouth only occurred after I made out with your wife ;)
    Boy... he didn't take that very well... did he?
    laker1963:
    Alex Williams:
    laker1963:
    Alex Williams:
    letsgowithbob:
    Alex Williams:

Boy... he didn't take that very well... did he?
    I'm just messin with ya!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    Well after having my diesel's resting since they were they were on the DD .... i finally decided to fire one up .............. After cutting and lighting i really liked the the first inch ............ then the cigar had some minor burn issues, and the draw became very loose ........ about two inches or so in the wrapper started to come undone at the foot and it just went downhill from there ...... the cigar was virtually unsmokeable after that ................ I was not overly thrilled but i will re-visit this cigar again and hope for better luck .... i ended up sharing my wifes RP 1990 which i like but have never been blown away by .... I have to say ..... it was so much better than the diesel and i really have to say that i may be working the 90 into my rotation .......I really hope that when i re-visit the diesel i have better results
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    kingjk729:
    Well after having my diesel's resting since they were they were on the DD .... i finally decided to fire one up .............. After cutting and lighting i really liked the the first inch ............ then the cigar had some minor burn issues, and the draw became very loose ........ about two inches or so in the wrapper started to come undone at the foot and it just went downhill from there ...... the cigar was virtually unsmokeable after that ................ I was not overly thrilled but i will re-visit this cigar again and hope for better luck .... i ended up sharing my wifes RP 1990 which i like but have never been blown away by .... I have to say ..... it was so much better than the diesel and i really have to say that i may be working the 90 into my rotation .......I really hope that when i re-visit the diesel i have better results
    I've smoked 50 of them so far, and have never had a wrapper come off, or any construction issues yet. I start out most mornings with one paired with coffee.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    cabinetmaker:
    kingjk729:
    I've smoked 50 of them so far, and have never had a wrapper come off, or any construction issues yet. I start out most mornings with one paired with coffee.
    So far I've had about ten of these and never had a construction issue either, they've been perfect.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Just tried my first Diesel and while the cigar tasted good I wasn't blown away.
    I might have given into the hype a bit.
    I had burn issues the entire stick. I'll let the remainder rest and try them again at a later date.

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    had my first one a week agoi enjoyed it, not sure its all that I have read it was but i had no issues with the stick.burned great!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Just had my first one last night as my gf got me a box of them for my bday and absolutely loved it! All around great stick. Can't believe the price for what you get.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    ENFIDL:
    Just had my first one last night as my gf got me a box of them for my bday and absolutely loved it! All around great stick. Can't believe the price for what you get.
    +1 just had my first diesel last night and I was loving the richness of the flavors and the smoke.. burn was a bit wonky but no biggie, for the price I'll def. be getting a box of these soon
  • bobdbobd Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 71
    Tried my first diesel last with my wife by my side, it was an excellent cigar.  No draw or burn issues, very enjoyable taste and aroma.  The wife even liked the few puffs that she took.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Old thread, but oh well... Had my first Unholy Cocktail today while freezing my butt off because of a 10mph wind blowing across my porch, but enough of the small talk.
    Pre-light it gave off an unearthly tobacco aroma with what appeared to be leather and pepper trying to hide in the background. Firm draw, but a quick stab with a draw-poker fixed that. A bit spicy on the dry draw.
    Toasting brought out the leather and black pepper even more, along with the natural sweetness of the Maduro wrapper. The first draw, after a brief rest once lit, hit me like a ton of bricks. This puppy was pretty strong. I've had the Shorty, which is supposedly stronger than the Cocktail, but this one was apparently on steroids.
    Less than an inch into the stick I was wishing I had something in my stomach besides coffee... But, not to be called a wienie, I powered through. Blasts of black pepper, leather, spice, cedar and what I believe to be black licorice coated my pallete while exhaling clouds of billowy white smoke.
    Sadly, shortly after finishing only half of the stick I began to pick up a bit of ammonia/tar taste. Taking longer breaks between draws proved to help, but only briefly. Alas, my smoke break was over. All in all, I consider the Unholy Cocktail to be one serious azz-kicking smoke, which I will happily enjoy again. After a good meal, of course...
  • oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 630
    Great stick - bit the bullet and bought ten of them without trying one first, and I love the cigar.
    oldsoulrevival:
    Great stick - bit the bullet and bought ten of them without trying one first, and I love the cigar.

Trying to convince my wife these would make an excellent Father's Day gift, but she seems a bit skeptical. She keeps mumbling something about a toaster-oven....
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I gotta pick up a couple and give them a try
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    I've only had a couple myself but have a couple that have been resting for just over a year now. The first one I had I thought was OK, but the second one I had several months later was great. I can't wait to spark one that's been resting all this time. If you like the PA Broadleaf maduro, this is a real treat IMO. Add in the price that you can get them for and it's really an unbelievable stick.
  • KriegerKrieger Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    the ones i have in my humi are getting a bit old. Plume, for the win!
    Krieger:
    the ones i have in my humi are getting a bit old. Plume, for the win!

Those would have to be smooth. I've got an Unlimited in my humi for the time being, gonna see how long I can resist the temptation.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    I picked up the daily deal 10 pk last night. Haven't had one in a while so I'm looking forward to them.