Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    It must happen after a certain age.. as you and I may be a few days older then Kuzi.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    understood with the heart burn thing. heres one that you can understand. chocolate and pretzals.
    I had the best two dollar cigar ever today.. I got this one in a sampler pack, you know the ones Get 10 cigars for 19.99 It was a Gurkha Sherpa Founders Choice 2002 It tasted great from the very first puff. Coffee, nutty, very rich. I kept waiting for it to go flat, you know the moment when you think that's all... It never happened. The burn was perfect, the ash would not let go on it's own. I have seen them in another catalog, at 20 for 39.99 get some and share they are really good. This is as good as some 10.00 + I have had..
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Sounds so yummy, I just ordered some. Thanks, kas!
  • steelerfansteelerfan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1

A Punch gran puro rancho. My favorite everyday smoke.

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Tonight was a bust. Tried a Perdomo Lot 23 maduro belicoso from a fiver I picked up a couple weeks ago, and what a wholly unimpressive cigar this was. It seemed to me like the flavor was never really there, and less than halfway through it tasted a bit acrid and i had to lay it down. I had hopes for this cigar, and it let me down... I'm batting 0/2 on my recent sampler purchases, hopefully the Sancho Panza extra fuerte will prove to be a better smoke.
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Did a couple of "little guys" today. A Rocky Vintage 92 perfecto and a CAO VR Mural. Both were excellent. I have had a few of the murals so far and they are really excellent - great construction, lots of smoke and flavor
    I had another R&J Reserva Real. This one was very different from the one the other night, though, which is weird. The other night, it was very buttery; tonight, I didn't taste any butter. The draw was also a bit tighter. Still a pleasant smoke, though.
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    Tonight it's a 5 Vegas Miami, with an iced cafe au lait. mmmm.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    And for me a 5 Vegas Gold box pressed. Way milder than I usually like, but a very nice smoke nontheless. I may have to remember that one for the times I just want smooth.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Last night for me it was a Fuente Maduro rothschild, followed by a CAO Brazilia Box Pressed. The Fuente was a typical Fuente, very good. THe Brazilia once again dissappointed me, I feel I have smoked enough from this line to say the Brazilia is bland and I won't pick up anymore. What did that tobacconist tell you kuzi "Real smokers smoke the Brazilia" BS.
    madurofan:
    What did that tobacconist tell you kuzi "Real smokers smoke the Brazilia" BS.
    almost word for word. Personally i think the Italia is way better. the brazilia isnt bad but its not worht the price when you have the italia sitting RIGHT NEXT TO IT. ill take the italia every time. ... ive actually been thinkin of buying a box.

... once i have room in the humidor. I need to start smoken even more.
    Did you see my little comment on the Brazilia box pressed. VERY VERY Bland IMO.

I smoked the Olde World Reserve Natural Box Pressed Toro tonight. I doesn't age well. More in the review section
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406

Tonight I smoked a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte Toro and a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet #1. First Extra Fuerte for me - really enjoyed it and it got better the further along I got. The

Yeah, Kuzi got me to try the Sancho Panza Brand with all his high praise. That was a winner. No room for a box yet but I do have a few in reserve.
    No cigar for me, tonight. I'm having an Abita Light and seeing what's up with some new technology.
    urbino:
    No cigar for me, tonight. I'm having an Abita Light and seeing what's up with some new technology.
    Don't post that crap in here. LOL
    if you can see through it, it isnt beer
    LOL, if it has the word light OR lite it may not be beer.

There are no cigar snobs on this board, beer snobs now thats another story.
    madurofan:
    There are no cigar snobs on this board, beer snobs now thats another story.
    I am a total beer snob. i dont drink fizzy yellow water. I drink beer. Ive been on a big porter kick.

back to topic at hand.... im gunna go try to smoke a camacho 1962 after lunch.
    Let me know how she is, I have a robusto resting right now.
    ill review im sure.
    we're drawing even.
    it happens. If i had a job where i was in front of the computer and could get away to here whenever i wanted i would post even more often than i do now.

i did smoke that 1962. ill get the review up soon
    yea I'm typically not in the office as much as I have been lately. Its cool for this but I hate being at the desk all week long.
  • kodkod Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 41
    Last night i had a don pepin jj, the burn was very uneven and then at the end of the cigar it started to burn inside the wrapper and not burn the wrapper. Other than that it was pretty good. Luckly i have 3 more that i will age.
    Hmmm interesting DPG's are usually very well constructed hope the rest go better 4 u
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    urbino:
    madurofan:
    LOL, if it has the word light OR lite it may not be beer.
    Yeah, but Abita Light is quite possibly the best light beer ever. It's quite drinkable. The only thing I haven't figured out is why all the bars & restaurants charge Abita as an import, when it's brewed and bottled just across the lake.
    kod:
    at the end of the cigar it started to burn inside the wrapper and not burn the wrapper.
    sometimes that means you are smoking to slow, or that the wrapper is over humidified.
    They do they same thing with Sam and Yuengling. Kuzi might be able to answer that being in the bar and restaurant business.