Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Urbino..I have had bad cigars in the past week or two but I would rather praise the great , then disparage the one or two bad experiences..Because it is mostly a matter of personal taste.. Again, I am never offended I can take a joke as well as give one..
    Mr Jesse .... The 5 vegas I have had were all great, that really surprises me that you got some sick sticks.. I also LOVE the Torano Signature, I sure hope this one is more pleasant. Keep checking out different stuff, you will find your own favorites too...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I had my first Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet today, a churchill, and I was fairly well impressed with it. There was a point where I was going to lay it down as the taste had taken a turn i didn't quite like, but I decided to see it through to the end and boy am I glad that I did as it developed nicely past that and finished strong. I'd give it 8.5/10, and will surely be exploring the other sizes in the line. Smoking time was just shy of 2 hours.
    yo'Joe, I do like that one too I have a few resting and take them out for a sniff every few days.. I always ride out the bumps with cigars until I am positive the street is a dead end.. Often things turn for the better..
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Every time I cigar browse on the site, I'm sorely tempted to order the Sol Cubano Artisan sampler. Anybody had one?

I just finished off a Gurkha Centurian -- my first Gurkha. It was okay, but it didn't inspire me to make a spot for more in my humidor.
    Always the diplomat, never an unkind word shall you speak eh' urbino..
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    urbino:

I just finished off a Gurkha Centurian -- my first Gurkha. It was okay, but it didn't inspire me to make a spot for more in my humidor.
    im a huge fan of the centurian. i was quite impressed with it whenever i smoked them. it has been a while and i have a few in my humidor. maybe ill give one another look.
    kaspera79:
    Always the diplomat, never an unkind word shall you speak eh' urbino..
    Unkind? Moi? I fart in your general direction.

Do you have a review on one of the sites, kuzi? I'd like to take a look at it after I collect my own thoughts tomorrow. I had higher expectations of this cigar. Maybe I just missed something.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i gave it the same rating as the opusX. BUT this was earlier in my cigar career. the opus blew it away. ill have to re-review it soon.
    oh yeah, heres the old review:
    http://www.eotacforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=374102#p374102
    Thanks! I'll give it a look tomorrow. I've never had an OpusX, but it's on my list.
    Urbino, No, I said NEVER an unkind work will be spoken You phrased it you will not make a spot in your humidor for the Gurkha. To me thats like saying there is no room for Broccoli in my refrigerator, the nice way for me to say Broccoli sucks. ( thats not one of the seven words, right?)
    Nah. I wasn't being diplomatic. If I thought it sucked, I would say so. It didn't suck. But it wasn't great, either. It was a good cigar among many good (and waaaay less expensive) cigars.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    Last night a Punch Rare Corojo tubo that had been resting in my humi about two months with a Tanq and Tonic, then some Brandy to mellow with.

RRS: Mmmmmm

I put the other two back in thier tubes, and am going to try to smoke them at two years and four respectively...but we'll see :P
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Last night for me was a La Gloria Cubana robusto. Decent cigar - nice smoke, burn and construction. Flavor was just ok.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    Tonight my go to cigar...a Hoyo de Monterey Excalibur no. II Maduro. I can almost taste it...Mmmmmmmm. :D
    Had a 5 Vegas Series "A" this afternoon. I don't recall the name, but it was the robusto and I think it starts with an "A" :).

I've wanted to sample one of these for a while now, and I can honestly say that my expectations have been met. I thoroughly enjoyed this cigar, it had some flavors that i found quite appealing, the draw was very good and it burned pretty well, minus a couple small touch-ups. I think I detected a flavor of cocoa and espresso bean, along with a slight spiciness and a pleasant earthy taste. Seems as though I'm back on the winning side with my recent smokes.

Joe
    Series A name begins with A.. 6.0 x50 ring is Archetype 5.0x 52 ring Artisan 6" would be toro and 5" would be robusto.
    kas, did we miss the joke? :D
    Huh? What? Ummm yeah I'm awake...Maybe I did...Something with an A Never mind..
    I'm about to go have my first RP -- a Sungrown. I'll see you cats on the other side.
    Good choice. I was blown away by the Sun Grown and can't wait to have another.
    Tonight was Cuvee Blanc Robusto..While not my first Cuvee this one took a few minutes to come around, which I don't remember happening in the past.. But, once it did this was a really good cigar.. It had tastes of bread, walnuts, I actually tasted walnuts in this one.. and also had a floral taste/smell to it..This cigar changed so many times I began to lose track of it.. Medium bodied but creamy as well.. The burn was slow and the ash only fell off once..The second time I put it out with less than an inch left.. After over an hour. The long ash did cause it to burn unevenly, which I knew was a result of the way I was smoking it and NOT construction..Very nice Would recommend this one
    Glad you had another good one, kas. My RP Sun Grown was good, but I wasn't able to really focus on it. My neighbors' terriers had gotten loose somehow, and I kept stopping to try to corral them. Finally got one, but not the other.

Anyway, the RP was a good smoke -- burned like a CHAMP, despite the frequent interruptions, for over 2 hrs. -- but I'm not going to review it. I'll wait till I have another, when I can sit and pay it more attention.
    Hey Urbino, two hours of smoke time....well smokin' and chasin' dogs. I can't sit still that long so the dog thing may have come in handy..I have to search my humidor to see if I have any Sungrowns left.. I do have some Vintages I know that for sure... also ordered some purples (you know the ones ) and 5 Vegas Miamis tonight..
    I ordered 5 of the 5 Vegas Golds the other day, along with some other fivers and some water pillows. I need the bags they come in and the pillows for all the trading and stuff. At least, that's the excuse I'm going with for buying still more cigars. :)

I read or listen to music while I smoke, so sitting still for a couple of hours is no problem. It's unusual for me to get one to last that long, though; I'm a bit of a fast smoker. I guess all the interruptions helped. I think the Masterpiece is the only other smoke I've had last that long.

I've got some Vintages, too. They're all from that RP mega-sampler I got a couple weeks ago, along with the Fri. special Double Maduro lanceros. If anybody wants to try those, let me know and I'll bomb you a couple.
    Urbino, your going to need a bigger house soon with this little hobby you have going on here.. I get that way too.. I get so into something I go overboard..
    Yeah, no kidding. I wanted to get enough built up that I had both a nice variety to pick from, and enough to let them rest and even start aging. Things should slow down, now. Should. :)
    Famous last word brother...Whats the Friday special. Mega Sampler.. 70% off, 5 pack Madness !!! ... MUST TRY, What 'cha Smokin ?
    Tempting, but I'm gonna pass on this one. The Vegas are reasonably priced anyway, so I can pick them up a few at a time to try.

Unless you want to order 2 and send me 1, of course.
    And now, I'm off to bed. Have a good one, kas.