Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    j0z3r:
    I've had a CAO cx2, and it was a very nice smoke. I don't know how it compares with the CAO cameroon, but I'd like to hope they would be relatively similar as far as quality goes.
    I've heard some good things about CAO, so I'm hoping it bodes true for me.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Matt Marvel:
    My local B&M has a wider selection of the Torano's , so that's what I've been getting. There's a better shop about twenty minutes away that I want to check out when I get the chance. I bought a CAO Cameroon today as well, which I'm saving for tomorrow. Anybody here ever had one?
    I did have a CAO L Anniversaire Cameroon a while back and found it to be an honest cigar..Nice flavored kind of Medium strength with some nutty hints to it. but had a tight draw..That may just be mine because I smoked it at a wedding right out of the box. I enjoyed it because it never got harsh, in fact remained very smooth throughout.. not a lot of changes in it but that resulted in a relaxing experience..You should like it..
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406

Got home early and lit up a Fuente Don Carlos rothschilde - nice cigar,always like the fuentes. Tonight I did a Hoyo Tradicion. Got to be one of my favorites. Looks great, super construction, lots of smoke and flavor. Want more of these.

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Had a Legend Purple Label (Graycliff) tonight. I believe the hype, I can honestly say that. This was an enjoyable smoke despite the fact that the cigar had some construction issues in the form of soft spots which led to the cigar burning faster down one side at certain points of the cigar, this wasn't much of a problem with a corrective light until my lighter ran out of fuel (D'oh). Out of the wrapper it smelled of chocolate (here's looking at you urby) and upon lighting it tasted of cocoa with a subtle hint of leather. About a third of the way in, the leather gave way to a creamy, nutty flavor while still maintaining the cocoa and stayed that way until the cigar pronounced it was finished with me. A good smoke all in all. Smoking time was roughly 90 minutes.

Thanks urbino for introducing me to this one, I don't know that I would have even known about it if not for you and kaspera talking about it.

Happy 4th all,
    Joe.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Well kas introduced me to it, so he gets all the cred. I couldn't be more pleased you enjoyed it if I'd rolled it myself.
    I do believe that I will be lighting one up later today..mmmmm purple !
    kaspera79:
    mmmmm purple !
    Heh. Makes me think of that Dave Chappelle bit about "grape drink."
    I just spent a very pleasant hour on the porch, enjoying the unseasonably mild weather and smoking a La Aurora Preferido Platinum. A very refined, mild, special-occasion smoke.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    I smoked a CAO Cameroon earlier, and it was a pretty good smoke. It wasn't great though, but I think that was because I was expecting too much maybe. I just finished off a Carlos Torano Casa Torano, and it was very disappointing. It didn't draw all that great, didn't have much taste, and the damn thing fell apart on me. It's frustrating that the last cigar that I had was so poor, especially since I was already a little perturbed. I thought I would relax with a beer and a cigar, and unfortunately that didn't work out.
    Happy 4th to all. I started the day off with a Cuban H Upmann robusto - my last one. Too bad, it was a great smoke with unbelievable flavor. This afternoon I enjoyed a RP Fusion toro. First one and I will be having more - it was excellent. Tonight while watching the fireworks I had a DPG Cuban Classic. Great cigar day for me. Looking forward to two more of great smokes!
  • spinnerbaitspinnerbait Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
    happy 4th to everyone! i enjoyed two smokes this fine day. after a morning shoot at the gun range, i smoked a CAO gold rubusto, very nice smooth cigar. for the night(after a bbq rib dinner) i had one of the best cigars i have tried. it was the"MAN O WAR" this smoke blew me away! complex flavours, nutty and full of a very rich creamy finish. beautiful dark wrapper, oily, smooth, if there was a short coming the cigar did have a small burn issue. overall a fantastic cigar. cigar of the month does pay of. enjoy the rest of the 4th, cheers from southern oklahoma!
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    mmmmm purple !
    Heh. Makes me think of that Dave Chappelle bit about "grape drink."
    I don't think I ever heard that one , would you care to recap it for me?
    Why settle for me, kas, when you can have the real thing?
    spinnerbait:
    happy 4th to everyone! i enjoyed two smokes this fine day. after a morning shoot at the gun range, i smoked a CAO gold rubusto, very nice smooth cigar. for the night(after a bbq rib dinner) i had one of the best cigars i have tried. it was the"MAN O WAR" this smoke blew me away!
    And a happy 4th to you, too, spinner. Glad to hear that about the Man O' War. Joe sent me one of those in a trade, bless his heart.
    I added an RP Vintage '92 to my day. Another fine smoke. It lived up to its reputation around here.
    What the f is Juice ?? Thanks for that one urbino ..that is pretty funny..
    RP 92.. that reminds me I am running low.. if it weren't so late i would go out and have one right now..
    Late? That's crazy talk. It's not even 1:00 yet.

Did you have your Purple, btw? (Sugar and water optional.)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    its 2:15 am here

do you know where your cigars are?
    Mine seem to be disappearing.
    urbino:
    lost in a series of small fires?
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    I can help with that! :D
    urbino:
    Late? That's crazy talk. It's not even 1:00 yet.
    Did you have your Purple, btw? (Sugar and water optional.)
    Well , 1:00 is late when I woke up at 5:00 am and had to much fun all day long..I did not have the purple I had some fresh rolled cigars that my neighbor picked up a week ago in Miami. I turned the tv on at 2:00 and dave chappelle was on with the same show you forwarded.. He is funny with his trained monkey and the homeless guy on the bus story.. had to stay up till 3;00 watching that one..
    kuzi16:
    urbino:
    that seems to be the case with me as well..good one kuzi.
    Started the day with a couple of mild smokes- a 5 Vegas Gold robusto and a Monte Christo #3. Tonight I tried a Oliva V again (first one was a disaster). This time it was the figerado and it was phenomenal.
    Just had the DPG Legend that Joe (Scrambler? I need to label the smokes I get from others here.) sent me. I didn't intend to smoke it yet; I reached in to get a Graycliff Legend, saw "Legend," and had it lit before I noticed it was the DPG. Regardless, it smoked great.

I'll have something else, later.
    I had a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte cordoba tonight. This was a pleasant smoke, started with a strong leather tone and progressed with a bit of spice. Not a bad cigar at all. 8/10

Joe
    j0z3r:
    I had a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte cordoba tonight. This was a pleasant smoke, started with a strong leather tone and progressed with a bit of spice. Not a bad cigar at all. 8/10

Joe
    especially at the price.
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:

Joe
    especially at the price.
    Most certainly. Though I try not to qualify my statements by saying "its a good cigar.... especially for the price", frankly if its good its good, regardless of price ( within reason of course). Though this one is an excellent bargain, and I can see keeping several on hand at any given time.
    Started my morning off with a CAO Italia novella. Not a bad introduction to the Italia line. Good construction, even burn, excellent draw and the flavor was pretty good as well, though I had a bit of difficulty picking out any specific tastes on this one. I'd give this one 8.5/10, would have another for sure.

Joe
  • carmike22carmike22 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 70
    Outside smoking a Rocky Patel Edge Missile. Awesome smoke for the price.