Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Today was hot and I wanted something more on the mild side... La Carolina Torpito to the rescue. This is a stubby torpedo that has a wonderful aroma, lights well and draws perfect. As I said, its a mild smoke, but it has some good flavors; a nice tobacco taste with a hint of cocoa and a floral undertone. An all around enjoyable cigar which I'll certainly come back to again.

Joe
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Not sure, I'm traveling. Will be home tomorrow tonight and look forward to seeing what you put together. Did you get mine yet?
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Not yet. Maybe tomorrow.

I decided that after last night's unpleasant experience I'd go back to the well and have another Sherpa. Unfortunately, this one was badly plugged. Bummer. It smoked to the halfway point, and then I gave up on it.

Then I decided to try one of the RP Double Maduro lanceros I got via one of the Fri. specials a couple weeks ago. This was a terrific little smoke. I'm not going to give it a full review in my log; I smoked it so close on the heels of the Sherpa, I don't think think I could give it an accurate description. In brief, though, it drew absolutely perfectly, burned evenly, produced lots of smoke, and had a really nice, rich flavor with lots of body.

I gotta tell ya, guys, I think I like the lancero shape. It's a tidy, elegant size, and very comfortable in both the hand and the mouth. It reminded me a bit of smoking a pipe, I guess because the size is similar to that of a pipe stem.

Anyway, RP done good with this one. I'd give it a 9.0. Recommended.
  • tripledeadheattripledeadheat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 24
    Will try something new from Gurkha. This one has Indian tobacco in the filler! Exotic! I also recently tried Gurkha's "Ancient Warrior" I'll try every shape and then buy a box. Fabulous cigar!
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    Well, it's night here and I've already smoked. I smoked a La Gloria Cubana...not bad at all. I can't remember but I think i have smoked one before. But this time it has set in, I will but some more of these once I get home. It was on the medium side, it reminded me of the Oliva G but lighter in flavor.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    Well, right now I am hot headed, so I am thinking my last Cusano Corojo 1997; a bit of spice to match my temper.

Evidentally one is not supposed to drop the F-bomb in a note to govt employees, when said employees make a pig sty out of the residence they are renting from the govt. At least that is what the District Ranger said. Me? I can care less that I hurt their feeling; get over it already. I'm dissappointed that I let my professionalism lapse in a moment of anger. I have only spent the last 3 months getting that aged facility up to speed, to have garbage strewn about by a bunch of pigs. Very well, here is professionalism...clean it, and keep it clean to my standard, or find a place in town to rent that costs you a lot more money, and you can trash that.

*done venting* And brandy, need to buy brandy for that cigar too ;)
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    That sounds like a bourbon on the rocks kinda night.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    Smoke=Fire:
    Well, right now I am hot headed, so I am thinking my last Cusano Corojo 1997; a bit of spice to match my temper.

Evidentally one is not supposed to drop the F-bomb in a note to govt employees, when said employees make a pig sty out of the residence they are renting from the govt. At least that is what the District Ranger said. Me? I can care less that I hurt their feeling; get over it already. I'm dissappointed that I let my professionalism lapse in a moment of anger. I have only spent the last 3 months getting that aged facility up to speed, to have garbage strewn about by a bunch of pigs. Very well, here is professionalism...clean it, and keep it clean to my standard, or find a place in town to rent that costs you a lot more money, and you can trash that.

*done venting* And brandy, need to buy brandy for that cigar too ;)
    I'm assuming these are adults you work with, so they should be able to deal with it. If they don't want you coming down on them, they should follow the rules. That's the way I see it anyway, I can see why you're mad.
  • MarkbbMarkbb Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 196
    madurofan:
    That sounds like a bourbon on the rocks kinda night.
    I'll second that...........know all about your problems in that simular problem...when I was in Cuba we had set up temp. shower that used pallets for the floor...well some people took sh!t shower and shave to a literal since...we asked them to quit and use the proper facility and they ignored the suggestion and we shut off the showers completely and message went around the camp very quick and the shower were restored without another case of sh!t shower and shave
    Thats disgusting.
  • la-henryla-henry Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 74
    Well it's 4th of july weekend and I have my Cotm sampler and a Sol cubano variety sampler that i'm going to be smoking all weekend. That and about 2 and a half cases of beer.
    Just got home and it's here. Excellent - thx. Let me know when you get mine. And you did include the Graycliff Legends.
    Cool. Glad it arrived okay.

Mmmmmmm, bourbon.
    MMMM Urby we still have to arrange that bourbon swap. Let me replenish my munitions though. I've been swapping and trading a bit lately and I don't have a lot I'm willing to part with.
    Oh yeah. I'd forgotten about that. Just sing out when you're ready, maddy. Any time.
    la-henry:
    Well it's 4th of july weekend and I have my Cotm sampler and a Sol cubano variety sampler that i'm going to be smoking all weekend. That and about 2 and a half cases of beer.
    If you got the sumatra with that sampler...hang onto them. I called C.com the other day and Sol Cubano ceased production on that one. I don't know why, it was a very tasty cigar...I may have to buy a box of the Churchills they have left and start aging ;)
    Smoke you wanna split that box? i don't know if I wanna come off for a whole box of churchills as they aren't my fave size but I may be interested in a split.
    madurofan:
    Smoke you wanna split that box? i don't know if I wanna come off for a whole box of churchills as they aren't my fave size but I may be interested in a split.
    Now I'm sad. I was going to be all over that split maddy...but they are now listed as sold out :( What a bummer day...now I need two fingers of brandy ;)
    I have done a few of those mini's. Really enjoyed the 99.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    urbino:

Mmmmmmm, bourbon.
    So easily distracted......
    kaspera79:
    urbino:

Mmmmmmm, bourbon.
    So easily distracted......
    Actually, I'm not so . . . ooo! shiny!
    Today I had a cigar from last months COTM club .. the Cusano Habano LXI SunGrown Preferido This was the Mike Tyson of cigars.. I Can't recall a cigar that made me almost crash the car until this one.. Full Bodied and Strong.. I can't place a specific taste to it but it was enjoyable, Just take it slow and be sure you smoke it sitting down.. and probably not if you plan on having a few drinks, this one will make you light headed.. if you are a novice.. You have been warned..
  • pilot711pilot711 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 176
    kaspera79:
    Pilot. always nice for you to layover for a few posts.. have a good one.
    Thanks man. Yea, I have been pretty busy lately. Had time for a CAO Black on a Seattle layover today. Take care!
    To cap off my afternoon, I ventured outside with my trusty glass of ice water and an Oliva Serie V lancero. This was a bang-up cigar. Burned dead even, the draw was absolutely perfect and the flavor profile was much to my liking, woody and spicy with a bit of coffee and a bit of nuttiness in the last couple inches. To the present, I've not had an Oliva that I didn't like, this is the most dependable brand I've had the pleasure of spending time with. Smoking time was around 80-90 minutes I think (kinda lost track of time).

Joe
    I will do that.. Enjoy your holiday,
    Enjoying a Carlos Torano Signature. A very nice smoke.
    Matt Marvel:
    Enjoying a Carlos Torano Signature. A very nice smoke.
    That is a nice one, I keep several on hand for when I know exactly what I want, always a pleasant experience, in my opinion my favorite of the Torano line..
    I haven't had a Torano in donkey's years. I need to try them again sometime.
    My local B&M has a wider selection of the Torano's , so that's what I've been getting. There's a better shop about twenty minutes away that I want to check out when I get the chance. I bought a CAO Cameroon today as well, which I'm saving for tomorrow. Anybody here ever had one?
    I've had a CAO cx2, and it was a very nice smoke. I don't know how it compares with the CAO cameroon, but I'd like to hope they would be relatively similar as far as quality goes.