Home Ratings & Reviews

Sticks that taste like goats ass

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Definitely without a doubt anything made by Helix. I had a Macanudo that was like smoking a Post It Note. I don't remember which one it was. I used to really like them when I started smoking cigars. Now I think they are nasty. I hate to be the one but Diesel Unholy Cocktail taste like a goat's ass while on fire in a hay field. It did get better but the start was awful. That saidI have only had one and I will revisit this cigar. You should do the same. Unless you are going to puke maybe you had a bad stick. Try another one.

We all have different tastes. Your tastes in cigars will change over time. The cool thing is if you have something that isn't your thing there are plenty of guys here who would probably trade for it.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    laker1963:
    Jetmech_63:
    CuAvana Intenso......i may get flamed for this but i couldnt make it past a few puffs.
    You should have stuck with it Vinny. The intenso's are actually really good little sticks. I have burned thru one box of these and have another chillin'. They may start slow, ( a lot of cigars do that for me) but by the time you are an inch or so in, there great.
    +1... i really like these as a go to daily stick. Thinking about buying a box. They do amazing with some age on them too. Try it again. If you need another, pm me. I'll be glad to hook ya up.
    Garen B:
    Erin Go Braugh. And though I like a good 5 Vegas, the 5 Vegas Relic tasted a bit like a goat's ass.
    I'll be glad to take them off your hands. Its the ONLY 5 vegas I like.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Garen B:
    ....the 5 Vegas Relic tasted a bit like a goat's ass.

+1... the worst 5 Vegas by far.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    One of the worst cigars I ever had, and this is strictly my opinion, is the Te-Amo. It was very harsh and tasted like burning leaves. I hear it is a love-it or hate-it kind of cigar, and I fall into the second group.
  • sosp76sosp76 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
    kaspera79:
    One of the worst cigars I ever had, and this is strictly my opinion, is the Te-Amo. It was very harsh and tasted like burning leaves. I hear it is a love-it or hate-it kind of cigar, and I fall into the second group.

Hi kaspera79!

What stick from Te Amo is the one you're talking about?

Try the Mini Belicosos or the Mini Perfectos from Te Amo, if you can find it. In my opinion, are the best ones from the brand, with the only downside being the small size (48x4"). Also, if you have more sticks from this brand, let it age for some months, sometimes the flavor improves a lot with some aging. The main issue with mexican cigars (BTW, I'm mexican, that's the reason for the bad english :-) is their lack of proper aging. Some sticks from Te Amo (like the World Selection Series Cuba Blend) have a strong ammonia smell and taste (the tobacco is still aging).

Back to the topic, the Te Amo World Selection Series (except the Dominicana and Honduras blends) are the worst ones I've smoked, lots of ammonia and, as said by kaspera, an awful burning leaves taste.
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    Hmm, goats ass? My votes would go for 5 Vegas Relic, and Puros Indios viejo. I will revisit the Relic as I have one more, but only after a year or more of aging and dry boxing as some have suggested on these forums. Either way, unless it's fan-freakin-tastic (unlikely), I think it's too much trouble to go through when I could just buy something else that doesn't need all the special attention.

Oh and I almost forgot, Punch gets the goats ass vote as well from me.
    Oh yeah and I love RP in general, but the Puro Cubano, pure goats ass!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    sosp76:
    kaspera79:

Hi kaspera79!

What stick from Te Amo is the one you're talking about?

Try the Mini Belicosos or the Mini Perfectos from Te Amo, if you can find it. In my opinion, are the best ones from the brand, with the only downside being the small size (48x4"). Also, if you have more sticks from this brand, let it age for some months, sometimes the flavor improves a lot with some aging. The main issue with mexican cigars (BTW, I'm mexican, that's the reason for the bad english :-) is their lack of proper aging. Some sticks from Te Amo (like the World Selection Series Cuba Blend) have a strong ammonia smell and taste (the tobacco is still aging).

Back to the topic, the Te Amo World Selection Series (except the Dominicana and Honduras blends) are the worst ones I've smoked, lots of ammonia and, as said by kaspera, an awful burning leaves taste.
    As I remember it was a petit corona maybe a 5x42 or so, with a natural wrapper. And maybe not surprisingly, it was given to me by a friend who happens to be Mexican. He says it is the only cigar he ever liked. I just didn't get much from that particular stick. Your English is fine, by the way.. Have a good one
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    cholmes8310:
    Garen B:
    Erin Go Braugh. And though I like a good 5 Vegas, the 5 Vegas Relic tasted a bit like a goat's ass.
    I'll be glad to take them off your hands. Its the ONLY 5 vegas I like.
    Sorry man, I bought 2, smoked one after two weeks rest and the other after 5 months to see if it changed any. It got slightly less goat assy and picked up a few hints of horse ass.
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    That will be the Padilla Obsidian for me. Utter terribleness.
    OH almost forgot the CAO gold maduro... i might have to revisit this one but it was nasty the first time i had it.
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 213
    Fonseca. Not sure exactly how TWO of these things ended up as CotM selections in the same month, but, well... calling these things goat ass is actually kinda insulting to a goats ass IMHO.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    sightunseen:
    What? LIES! You must have gotten a bad one - these are a real treat.

In the mystery stick game, I smoked a "Original Cuban." The name should about say it all, but it pretty much tasted horrid. I was attempting to be nice while reviewing it. :)
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,515
    TatuajeVI:
    sightunseen:

In the mystery stick game, I smoked a "Original Cuban." The name should about say it all, but it pretty much tasted horrid. I was attempting to be nice while reviewing it. :)
    Tat.... You HAVE to be kidding me. I was just about to post how much the obsidian tasted like a goats ass right after it was violated by a rutting moose. Horrible!!
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    TatuajeVI:
    sightunseen:

Haha, I think I should watch my back when we do future trades...

In all seriousness, the Obsidian that I had was probably a bum stick. I'll probably try another 1 or 2 to be fair.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    sightunseen:
    TatuajeVI:
    sightunseen:

Haha, I think I should watch my back when we do future trades...

In all seriousness, the Obsidian that I had was probably a bum stick. I'll probably try another 1 or 2 to be fair.

If you can get em to burn right they aint bad
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 269
    Padilla Obsidian - worst cigar I had last year. Tried it again this year.....same thing...goats ass puro. And heres where you guys boot me off this forum......diesel..... it was unfinishable.....in all fairness I only tried one....i will revisit them due to the overwhelming fandom on this site.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Gurkhas seem to be either goat's ass, or great. Regent - pure goat's ass. Centurian, great...I could go on with most of the blends but my fingertips would end up bloody from all the typing.
  • ThinBluLine06ThinBluLine06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 283
    Puros Indios Viejo...when i was smoking it, i was thinking of cow sh1t on a hot summer day...but ill agree with goat ass...
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    stephen_hannibal:
    OH almost forgot the CAO gold maduro... i might have to revisit this one but it was nasty the first time i had it.

PM sent...
    ThinBluLine06:
    Puros Indios Viejo...when i was smoking it, i was thinking of cow sh1t on a hot summer day...but ill agree with goat ass...
    You speak blasphemy...
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Acid "Liquid" pure goat with the runs!
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I like the DE natural line, but never had a single acid I liked .
  • pnaylonpnaylon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 214
    illinoisgolf99:
    bigharpoon:
    Bahia blue: goat's ass all the way
    I'll second that... nasty!
    Ya know, Ive had a couple Blus, and theyre definitely not the best in the world but theyre pretty decent when youre doing something and/or drunk :=P

• HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    illinoisgolf99:
    bigharpoon:
    This is making me not want to smoke the Bahia Blue I have..
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Hayblet:
    illinoisgolf99:
    bigharpoon:
    This is making me not want to smoke the Bahia Blue I have..
    I actualy enjoyed the one I tried. I had it a little fresh even and it was pretty enjoyable as far as mild smokes go. I tend to enjoy the fuller bodied ones more, but this wasn't a bad cigar for the price. Give it a shot, you might like it.
  • dirtylipsdirtylips Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 19

Corymc23:
    I had a great idea to create this section do to a high response of people saying that the Helix Maduro tasted like goats ass. So i thought to myself, "I would like to know what sticks other people think taste like goats ass, this would really help me discern if I wanted to buy these sticks or not". So i dont' know if it is my place to start something like this but here it is, an open invitation to post your all time least favorite sticks and a short description of why. The term "goats ass" is optional in describing the stick however highly prefered. With that being said, I will start things off. I think the Graycliff 1666 tasted like goats ass.

I don't know man, but you look like a serious homo.  I bet you wanna find sticks that taste like ass.  you damn fa ggot.

• lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    dirtylips:

I don't know man, but you look like a serious homo.  I bet you wanna find sticks that taste like ass.  you damn fa ggot.

TROLL ALERT!!!!

Beard, take care of this a**hat......