Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Fun and Games

Comments

• LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Luko:
    Very close...if someone fires off another "x," they'll probably get it.
    The hint here gives it away...
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    hilton head is,sc,golf course,bapt
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    gmill880:
    That would've been my guess
    gmill880:
    Wrong state. You can watch the "Lost Colony" play in the area where I got married.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Outer Banks(OBX), North Carolina, Protestant
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    You're suppose to ask easy questions Luko.. =}
    Jetmech_63:
    Outer Banks(OBX), North Carolina, Protestant
    Ding, ding, ding. Except on the bonus. That would be Southern Baptist. The minister charged us $300 and said he does about 5-7 weddings a day in the peak season. Not a bad gig. PM me your info, Mr. Jet.
    SWEEEET!!!! You got PM. I'll post my question tomorrow morning, have to think of a good one.
    OK. My question...get your google kung-fu ready....

I've been active duty navy for the last 11 years, i took part in Operation Enduring Freedom. My question is this:

During operation Enduring Freedom what ship was i on and what squadron was i with?

Hint#1: Pratt and Whitney, but not J-52
    (believe it or not this actually narrow it down quite a bit)

Bonus: What was my rank and rate, i've been in 11 years and just made Chief Petty Officer this year.
    No Ideas?

Hint#2 We were the only squadron of our kind deployed. There were no others like us.(google kung fu takes this down to two options)
    carrier john c stennis- checkmates squadron 211-   bonus question no idea
    gmill880:
    carrier john c stennis- checkmates squadron 211-   bonus question no idea

SCORE!!!!!
    It was VF-211 on the Stennis, we flew the F-14 A model which had the TF-30 engine made by pratt and whitney. The only other carriaer based aircraft with a P&W motor is the EA-6B, which has the J-52. We were only one of two F-14A squadrons left. I was a Second Class Aviation Machinists Mate at the time(jet engine mechanic). PM me your info to claim your prize!!

Cool man -u have a pm- I will get a question up either tonite or first thing in the morning -stay tuned.....

2 years ago on a trip to this popular vacation destination in the carribean while partaking of a popular thing to do when visiting this particular island, my wife was slightly injured by one of these while in the ocean.  Caused some minor discomfort but scared the living hell outta her. hint #1 - when you arrive at the destination by boat/catamaran where you are to enter the ocean-you are shown a model of one of these and told what to do/not to do. her injury was no fault of her own -just a freak thing. Ok- The question - name the island/islands and what injured my wife and the bonus question is what resort did we stay at?
    LOL, nice one. Damn i can't answer for two weeks :)
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    gmill880:
    2 years ago on a trip to this popular vacation destination in the carribean while partaking of a popular thing to do when visiting this particular island, my wife was slightly injured by one of these while in the ocean.  Caused some minor discomfort but scared the living hell outta her. hint #1 - when you arrive at the destination by boat/catamaran where you are to enter the ocean-you are shown a model of one of these and told what to do/not to do. her injury was no fault of her own -just a freak thing. Ok- The question - name the island/islands and what injured my wife and the bonus question is what resort did we stay at?
    Let me take a stab at this one. You were at Blue Lagoon Island visiting Stingray City. Of course it was a stingray that injured your wife...and for the bonus, I will guess it was the Paradise Island resort.

close/ one outta 3 - keep trying

OK, I'm pretty sure I got it then if nobody else posts before I am allowed to tomorrow.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    While staying in the Bahamas she was attacked by an evil Dolphin (featured on Fox's "when good dolphins go bad" special), while staying at the Atlantis Resort.

lol ... sorry, close but no cigar,(pardon the cliche) to name the place we stayed at combine the name of a popular cracker with the first name of a star retired boston red sox catcher... this narrows the field somewhat

• These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    TFH-- go back and read the whole question man
    OK let's try again. It was a stingray at Grand Cayman Island while staying at the Ritz Carlton
    congratulations mr. Ron. pm me you address again. it was indeed a stingray, the barbs on its tail caused  about an 8 inch whelp across the back of my wifes leg which was painful for about 24 hours till it cleared up. gave her quite a scare though. I will get you a bag of goodies out as soon as re-verify your address. Thanks Gene
    ron you also have a pm
    gmill880:
    congratulations mr. Ron. pm me you address again. it was indeed a stingray, the barbs on its tail caused  about an 8 inch whelp across the back of my wifes leg which was painful for about 24 hours till it cleared up. gave her quite a scare though. I will get you a bag of goodies out as soon as re-verify your address. Thanks Gene
    ouch, sounds painful. see that's what you get when you piss off stingrays.. ;-)

I pissed off a hive of wasps once when I was spraying down the gutters, damn things waited for me outside for hours, needless to say I stayed inside the rest of the day. I heard my neighbors got swarmed hours later..
    you definitly do not want to piss off a stingray-- this particular ray was attempting to maneuver thru several groups of people (looking for the person with the bucket of squid) when another lady almost stepped on it causing it to go into turbo mode and thus ripping across my wife's leg. oouucchh
    gmill880:
    you definitly do not want to piss off a stingray-- this particular ray was attempting to maneuver thru several groups of people (looking for the person with the bucket of squid) when another lady almost stepped on it causing it to go into turbo mode and thus ripping across my wife's leg. oouucchh
    dang, well I'm sure you guys will stay far, far away next time..
    rdnstn  you have a pm

rdnstn tracking number pm'ed to ya-for contest goodies-your turn for a contest question