Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Fun and Games

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Colt Model 1883, 12ga, zero days in jail
  • bangalohrbangalohr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 81
    I have a guess, but I'm going to withhold it until I meet the requirements. I'm just curious about what the typical package consists of. Any examples?
  • StoogeeStoogee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    bangalohr:
    I have a guess, but I'm going to withhold it until I meet the requirements. I'm just curious about what the typical package consists of. Any examples?

typical package usually has about 5 premium cigars in good condition usually consisting of cigars not as rare as the rare fuentes like opus x , anejo, god of fire ect but also not cheap stuff bought at your local gas station. A typical package might be something like:
    5 vegas A
    Sol cubano cuban cabinet
    Olivia G
    Rockey Patel vintage 1990
    Padilla obsidian
    bangalohr:

Welcome Bangalohr!!(God i cold have so much fun with that name), lol, seriously a Fun and Games prize is usually 3-5 sticks of good quality. The better cigars come out for prizes, usually trades are just an assortment of diffrent cigars. The pay it forward thread is 5 cigars, usually a variety with one maybe two top shelf ones. A Bomb is just that, whatever, inexpensive, expensive, its a free gift of cigars to someone, usually unexpected(thats the most fun) without expecting something in return. All in all, just trade whatcha got. The best cigar is a free cigar and were all here to have fun and try diffrent ones, not break the bank or go in debt doing so. I'll be starting a new thread in this section called "Bombs Away!" It's a fun game i read about elsewhere. Again welcome to the boards bro!!
    lol, my last name is Lohr, and I was a combat engineer in the Army. We had a thing called a bangalore torpedo. It stuck. It's also my email address. I get a lot of funny looks when I give it to people.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Actually, the ground rules for both this and the PIF game say 3 cigars. (See the first post in each thread.) The guys here often bump it up to 5, but that's a matter of generosity. Three is a perfectly valid and wonderful package to get from anybody in either thread.
    bangalohr:
    lol, my last name is Lohr, and I was a combat engineer in the Army. We had a thing called a bangalore torpedo. It stuck. It's also my email address. I get a lot of funny looks when I give it to people.
    Sorta like "ride a cowboy," I guess.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    there will be a hint forthcoming tommorrow if no one hits it tonite---
    urbino:
    bangalohr:
    Sorta like "ride a cowboy," I guess.
    Indeed
    OK- Time for a hint---this gun mfg also produced bicycles as well--
    Smith and Wesson 12 Gauge, 0 days
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    BSA, .410, 0 days?
    if no one connects tonight giv-a-way hint coming tommorrow-prepare your google-fu
    HINT #2---This brand of firearm was used by assasins to kill two U.S. political figures. The pistol versions.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    colt 12 gauge, 0 days
    answer already used pheebs-
    Last hint should clear it up a lot
    eh, i suck with google fu
    I need another hint dude. I got it narrowed down to 3 possibles. I dont want to waste my last shot :) Interesting question though, i found 3 gun mfgr's of that period who sold bicycles and all three were used in atleast 1 political assasination, but havent quite found a match for the same mfgr in 2 assasinations. Hmmm..

One of the two assinated political figures favorite cigar was expensive imported Garcias, which along with the weapon of his demise is on display in a historical society located in the city menioned in a posters here'  "tag line" . Although he was passionate about cigars he never allowed himself to be photographed with one nor did he smoke in public.

Wonder what those smokes would taste like now!!! Talk about aging
    Remington 12 gauge, 0 days

Holy god! There is like one line in all of the internet with the weapon info!!!
    Remington 10 gauge, 0 days
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Remington, 11 guage, 0 days?

The founder was a Norwegian immigrant and the brand name was his first and last names. He died in the 1890's. The company made guns, bicycles and motorcycles. Not a  gun name you hear nowadays but the second part/last name is common and can be used as slang for a part of the human anatomy. He had a partner in the beginning but soon bought him out. The company went out of business but if you google it you will find a company by that name but their disclosures tell you they have no info on the old company.

Ivor Johnson, 12-ga., 0 days

Correct Urbino -Iver Johnson 12 ga. ---Great Grand Dad spent no time in jail , the pumpkin patch incident was supposedly never reported , the shooting of the interloper did warrant a visit from the "High Sheriff" and a couple of deputies who after their investigation...which consisted of talking to great grand dad and grand ma on the front porch of the farm house for about an hour was deemed reasonable protection of family and property!!! Different times and mindsets for sure. PM me your addy and I will try to get a pkg out tommorrow or tues at latest.

President McKinley and Robert Kennedy were the two politicians laid to rest by Iver Johnson handguns.
    Wheeee! I guess I picked a good time to come in and check on this thread. PM on the way, gm.

The only bad part is now I have to think of a question.
    wow, great job urby. Never would have guessed.