Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Fun and Games

Comments

• rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    OK, I had a hard time coming up with a question so this will be a multi-parter. The first person to get all the parts correct wins. If nobody gets it, then after a while I will just award the prize to the person with the most correct answers. As you all know, sometimes I am away from the board or can't take care of stuff right away because I am going to school and have a very hectic schedule, especially during test week. My questions are related to that. So here we go. BTW, only 1 guess per day.

1. What school am I currently attending? (It is not the school my degree will be awarded from)
    2. What degree am I working towards? (level i.e associates, etc. and major)
    3. What school will my degree be awarded from?

(hint: if you know the military progarm I am participating in, it will be a giveaway)

Bonus question: I took 5 classes at the school I am attending in 3 different subjects, tell me those subjects. (i.e. English, Physics, Anatomy, etc.)
    Bonus, bonus question: Tell me what my grades were in the course from the bonus question.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    rdnstn:
    OK, I had a hard time coming up with a question so this will be a multi-parter. The first person to get all the parts correct wins. If nobody gets it, then after a while I will just award the prize to the person with the most correct answers. As you all know, sometimes I am away from the board or can't take care of stuff right away because I am going to school and have a very hectic schedule, especially during test week. My questions are related to that. So here we go. BTW, only 1 guess per day.

1. What school am I currently attending? (It is not the school my degree will be awarded from)
    2. What degree am I working towards? (level i.e associates, etc. and major)
    3. What school will my degree be awarded from?

(hint: if you know the military progarm I am participating in, it will be a giveaway)

Bonus question: I took 5 classes at the school I am attending in 3 different subjects, tell me those subjects. (i.e. English, Physics, Anatomy, etc.)
    Bonus, bonus question: Tell me what my grades were in the course from the bonus question.
    Holy hell Ronnie. Any bonus points for the first school you attended at 5 yrs old? lol ... this is a good one.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Bonus bonus bonus-first word was cceeeggaaarrr lol,ron you put some effort in that one
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    Christ jumping on a bright blue pogo-stick!!!

Um...ROTC is military, are you going to be getting your degree from the Air Force Academy?
    Well, I figured I would go big on the package for the winner of this one since I'm in the Christmas spirit. I wasn't going to give it away though, so the questions will be worthy of the reward.
    OK, maybe I made this too hard so I guess it's time for a clue. My final degree is healthcare related and the school that will grant it is in the Big 12 conference.
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    1. IPAP, at the Army's Academy of Health Sciences in San Antonio.
    2. Master of Physician Assistant Studies.
    3. University of Nebraska.

Bonus: Anatomy and Physiology (I and II), Biochemistry, Microbiology. The 5th class was your clinical lab.
    Bonus Bonus: Straight A's.

I remembered reading this answer a while back (May 29th, in the Perdomo Lot 23 thread). I just finished finals and am still wrapping up a paper, so this was the first time I've had a chance to sit down, find the post, then google the details.
    Dang you and your Google Fu Scrambler. You didn't quite nail it but I doubt anybody could get any closer so I will give it to you. I wasn't totally clear, but the answer that I was looking for to #1 was San Antonio College. I go there as part of a program to complete my prerequisites for the IPAP therefore your answer is technically correct. That's why I'm going to give it to you.

You came pretty close on the bonus too so maybe I'll throw in a little something extra. The classes were A&P I and II (with lab), Chemistry I and II, and College Algebra. I actually had all of the classes complete already except for Chem II so they were just refreshers for me. Biochemistry and Microbiology aren't a part of the program but our start date for the actual IPAP was delayed until April so they are letting us take classes until we start and the 2 classes we are taking are Microbiology and an introductory Bio/Organic Chemistry class so you did pretty well. As for the bonus bonus question, I didn't even know the answer to that until yesterday when my official grades were posted, and you are indeed correct sir, I got straight A's in the 5 courses that I have completed.

PM me your address Scrambler and I will get a package out to you.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Hey Scram, you got any good questions? LOL

......sorry...i really lke this thread:)
    yea--i'm about eligible to answer again...whats you got scrams......
    Scrambler must be very busy-proably is what with the promo and all
    Or he's passed the Fu#k out from all that homebrew hes been makin LOL
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Scramz is in Mexico last I heard.
    Hey guys, sorry I ran off to Mexico and California (Is there a difference?) for a few days and forgot about this game. I'll get a question up this evening. Ron, PM incoming.
    So, this question is way overdue, but here it is. I had a very specific budget set for buying cigars on my little trip. Guess by how many dollars I went over that budget.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    $83 over budget.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    $133 over budget. Either that or eleventy (sorry, Jozer, couldn't resist, repercussions be damned).
    Haha...you'll be hearing from my lawyer as soon as Chanukah is over. (kuzi, don't beat me up over the stereotyping...I promise it's all in good fun)
    $52....thats usually how much i blow mine by LOL
  • StoogeeStoogee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    I'm gonna guess you went over by $147
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I'm going the other way.. ZERO. You didn't buy any cigars. ( is that possible) ?
    kaspera79:
    I'm going the other way.. ZERO. You didn't buy any cigars. ( is that possible) ?
    Haha, I wondered if anyone would consider the possibility that I actually stuck to the budget, or even spent less. Didn't happen.

One of the guesses is within $7, but I'm looking to get at least within $5. If nobody comes closer by the end of the weekend, I'll give it to the closest. As always, one guess every 24 hours.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Scrambler:
    kaspera79:
    Haha, I wondered if anyone would consider the possibility that I actually stuck to the budget, or even spent less. Didn't happen.

One of the guesses is within $7, but I'm looking to get at least within $5. If nobody comes closer by the end of the weekend, I'll give it to the closest. As always, one guess every 24 hours.
    Good for you !! All this talk about budgets, and cigar restrictions, you tricked me! That's okay, I hope you picked up some fine sticks..
  • StoogeeStoogee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    I'm going to assume my answer was the closest and say...$88.
    I'm going with joz3r's logic...$59
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    me too....$140.