Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

BORK FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Comments

• JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    Id join but it looks like the league is probably full.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Hey Ripp... you have some time to build up some street cred if you want to get in... step one would be to get on the good traders list... then you can get in on all the games around here...
    JSaint:
    You're in if you want... with ripp and yourself we'd have our 12... let us know if you still want in...
    robbyras:
    JSaint:
    You're in if you want... with ripp and yourself we'd have our 12... let us know if you still want in...
    Ill send ya a PM.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Ripp:
    I would love to join.. I have lurked about but never posted for a little while now. I love fantasy football and cigars so why not combine the two of them. I understand if I havn't been on here long enough to get in the league but either way I will keep a close eye on the progress
    Hey Ripp. You'll need to get on the Good Traders list. Not a problem, it will only take you a couple days. Just post up a thread here in the "Trades" section and put up 5 or 10 cigars for trade. Someone will take you up on the offer and then you'll earn some "street cred" as it is called.

Welcome to the forums as an active poster! Stick around and say hi more often!
    -Phil
  • RippRipp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 125
    Ok cool, I will take care of it this week.
    1. robbyras
    2. sirfoster83
    3. the Sniper
    4. TatuajeVI
    5. Jetmech_63
    6. lilwing88 (aka Money Bags... "Let's make it $50")
    7. Jdoris
    8. t_evan50
    9. Vulchor
    10. Sandman1
    11. Jsaint
    12. Ripp - He is getting his rep built here and I'm sure he will be solid addition

so it looks like we are full!
    I set up a league at ESPN and I need your email addys to invite you. PM me with an email and I'll get it out to you. I just went with the basic set up and that can change if we decide to.
    we have two things to figure out... so here is what I need

PM me with the following:
    1. Email address to get you invited
    2. How many playoff teams we should have 6 or 8?
    3. Buy in: $25, $50 or somewhere in between? (remember, the winners will get Ccom cift cards)
    the league is set up on ESPN... just a reminder
    PM me with the following:
    1. Email address to get you invited
    2. How many playoff teams we should have 6 or 8?
    3. Buy in: $25, $50 or somewhere in between? (remember, the winners will get Ccom cift cards)
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=NFLDK2LK10tmrmanifesto A GREAT article!!!! Check it out! (great for new guys and vets alike!) also guys dont forget to do plenty of mock drafts at www.espn.com. You can never do enough. If you guys need any help with how Fantasy Football works send me a PM and I will help/direct you to the right place. I want to make sure everyone feels comfortable with how it works.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    Ripp:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?page=NFLDK2LK10tmrmanifesto A GREAT article!!!! Check it out! (great for new guys and vets alike!) also guys dont forget to do plenty of mock drafts at www.espn.com. You can never do enough. If you guys need any help with how Fantasy Football works send me a PM and I will help/direct you to the right place. I want to make sure everyone feels comfortable with how it works.
    Sweet. Another local dood! So I was thinking about this league and was since this is my first league....ever.... what do we do now/next?
    well... once we get everyone set in the league, we will pick a draft date... it will be a live online draft.. so between now and then I suggest doing a little research...Check out the link that RIPP provided and pick up a Fantasy Football Magazine... they are a good resource to have with you when you're drafting... basically they give an overview of what each player did last year and what he is expected to do this year...They will also rank the players...
    Basically you just want to get a strategy going into the draft...You can also go to our league site and take a look at the scoring categories to get an idea of what everything is worth... ie 25 passing yards is worth on point, passing TD is worth 4 points, 10 rushing yards is 1 points rushing or receiving TD is 6 points...

I am not very good at football, so I might not be the best to ask, but get a feel for the scoring and star to target players you want... We won't know the draft order until the day of the draft, so you need to be flexible there... you may get the first pick or the last...
    the research is the fun part for me...
    ok... so it looks like most of the invites have been accepted and the league is filling out...I'm still waiting on Sir Foster, T_Evans and Vulchor to accept the invites... if you guys need me to email you again, just let me know...

I have one spot open for some reason... I think it is intended for Sandman, but I haven't heard back form him... so we may need another player...

Based on your feedback, we are going to go with a $25 buy in and 8 team playoff... I think this is the best way to go anyway since we have some BOTL's who are new to fantasy football... $25 is doable and you wan't get too pissed if you don't win...

So here is the prize breakdown I am proposing...
    Pot = $250
    Each Division Champ - $40
    3rd Place (winner of 3rd place Bowl) - $25
    2nd Place (Super Bowl Loser) - $45
    Champ (Super Bowl Winner) - $100
    So the most one manager can win is $140 (win your division and with the championship) and up to 5 of the 12 teams can win something... thoughts?
    Sounds great. Now I don't have to worry about winning it all!!! haha. Actually in my experience its always the new guys that bring home the bacon. Fantasy Football is enough of a game of chance that it keeps it really equal. Cant wait!!
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    Hey Rob, can you resend the invite I thought I accepted it. I was on the sight and saw you and Rips teams now I cant find it anywhere. Thanks
    I sent it out, so you should be good.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    D@mn, sorry I forgot about this. Signed up and ready to pick a draft date. Payouts sound good man.
    Any news on draft date and time boys???? Gettin excited.
    My suggestion is Sunday August 22... I'll take input on this, but that is my vote...

and I'm not sure if i mentioned this, but based on the feedback we are going with a $25 buy in and an 8-team playoff...
  • The SniperThe Sniper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,910
    Aug 22 works for me. When would you like the cashola Rob? Or do we need to start calling you "Mr Commish"? :-D
    I would prefer a weeknight, but whatever has to be has to be I guess......I am hoping it would be in the evening either way, after 7pm et. or so....but would love to know for sure to plan accordingly with work on call.
    I agree with a weeknight. I work every single weekend and I hate it! lol. And yea when would you need ze money?
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    Evenings work best for me. I'd preffer a weeknight we tend to be out weekends for BBQs and camping while we have our short summers up here
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    My schedule is all over the place. I work nights, but my days off change every week, so I'll just work around whatever you guys decide on. Worst case, I'll just pre-set my draft picks and let the computer pick for me...
    How bout the money wing---how do we do it???? Sounds like just pick a weeknight and post the date and time (et) here....you can change it if we need to later, but the sooner we know the better we can plan for it with work and stuff.
    Sounds good... Let's plan for Thursday August 26th at 8:30 PM ET... does that seem fair? I want to make sure everyone on both coasts are home from work... It should take about 90 minutes I'm guessing... Does the time seem fair? I'm trying to make this work for everyone...

as far as the $ goes, I think it's best if everyone gets it to me before the season starts... I have paypal or you can send me cash through the mail... The paypal is set up through robrasmussen22@yahoo.com... If you need my address, PM me...

To avoid any payment issues, I am going to keep a very public list of who has paid...

League Finances List:
    1. robbyras - PAID
    2. sirfoster83
    3. the Sniper
    4. TatuajeVI
    5. Jetmech_63 - Sending Via snail mail
    6. lilwing88
    7. Jdoris
    8. t_evan50
    9. Vulchor
    10. Sandman1
    11. Jsaint
    12. Ripp
    Does anyone know if Sandman is in? I PM'd him and never heard back... If he is out, we have one spot...

so... Sandman... lemme know if you're in...

To the rest of the board - If you want in on the waiting list in case he is out, let me know... first come first serve... shoes and shirt required, of course
    Rock On------Payment sent to you...from MelDavK or Melissa (wife) depedning on how it came through on paypal------Sounds great bro.
    Vulchor:
    Rock On------Payment sent to you...from MelDavK or Melissa (wife) depedning on how it came through on paypal------Sounds great bro.
    awesome! can the rest of the paypal users follow suit here and give me a heads up when you pay an the name on your account, just so I can keep it all straight...

Also, feel free to change your team names to whatever you want, just PM me so I can keep a list so I know who is who... I will keep the list here so we all know... I don't want to stifle anyone's creativity...

so, hence forth, Robby Ras' team will be know as The Nut Sackers
    Does anyone else think that 7 bench spots is too many? A roster size of 16 is the default, but i'm thinking we should trim it to 14 or 15... thoughts?