Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

BORK FOOTBALL LEAGUE

Comments

• Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    robbyras:
    it's really up to you... Unfortunately i'm not too flexible on dates... I have a massive project that I'm starting on monday and finishing on 9/1... then I'm getting married on the 5th and leaving the country on the 7th... so really, 9/1, 9/2 and 9/3 are the only dates I can do... do any of those dates work for you?
    No I'm leaving prior to that.....sorry but I'm going to have to sit this one out Commish.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    surfingzeeko:
    If anyone drops out I'm down, if there's still time.
    Looks like you're in... PM sent
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 628
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Thursday the 2nd....Is that a definite now??? The draft date keeps changing as I get emaisl about it but done hear anything on here....Just want to make sure I dont miss it and to let the others know in case they didnt get emails.
    robbyras:
    so i just got a HUGE project from a pretty important client and it's going to suck up the rest of my month... are there any objections to pushing the draft back a week to Sept 2 at 8:30PM EST? Let me know
    I put this up last week regarding the draft date... I'm just slammed for the rest of the month so I was hoping to push it back a week... I didn't hear any arguments, so I changed it... let me know if that works for you
    No,no...sounds good, I just look at the last page of posts and didnt see anything other than the email from ESPN. Im not trying to b!tch, just want a date set in stone is all. Take it easy this week Rob, and everyone else...Mondays suck:)
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Pretty sure that date will work for me.
    yeah that should be fine
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    I will make sure I am off in time. I usually work 3-7 on thursdays. Central time btw.
    awesome... thanks for the feedback... hopefully this date can stick...

and it looks like we want to have the draft set prior to that date... I will pick by hand in the near future and post the order...
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    I'm down with whatever. I really don't have much of a life and my job usually doesn't run into the evenings.
  • RippRipp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 125
    robbyras:
    awesome... thanks for the feedback... hopefully this date can stick...

and it looks like we want to have the draft set prior to that date... I will pick by hand in the near future and post the order...
    Sweet! Yeah i will have to take off from work 30 minutes early but the date works out just fine.
    ok... so we are waiting on payment from 3 more guys so that's good...

I will try to do a draft drawing this weekend so we can plan ahead... I'm just going to do it by hand out of a hat... first name pulled get the first pick and so on... any objections?
    no objections here. Raiders first game is tonight WOOO!!!
    Ripp:
    no objections here. Raiders first game is tonight WOOO!!!
    i didn't realize they still had a team...
    Funny guy... haha. We will see about that this season.
    that's right... Plunket is their new QB... the only way the RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRaidas will ever win is if/when Mr. Davis dies... he actually called me the other day to see if I wanted to try out for WR... he heard I was fast and he LOVES speed... I said i can't catch to which he replied "you're pefect"
    Man alot of *** talking.. hope the raiders dont beat the niners or end up with a better record. But i must say i do agree that they need to take out the feeding tube on Al.
    Raiders are a young team on the rise...NOT a playoff rise at this point, but they are improving. I like Al, always have, but he is a bit of a cancer to the team at time (ie the last decade). 49ers are the trendy pick right now cause of the defense and running game...but so were half the teams with losing records over the last couple seasons.
    OK... so I just put names into a hat and had my fiance pull them for me... First name selected got the first pick and so on...

2010 BOTL Football League Draft Order:
    1. sirfoster83
    2. t_evan50
    3. robbyras
    4. the Sniper
    5. Jsaint
    6. Jdoris
    7. Ripp
    8. surfingzeeko
    9. TatuajeVI
    10. Jetmech_63
    11. Vulchor
    12. lilwing88

I will update this on ESPN. Personally, I think it's fine to trade draft picks, but if you disagree, let me know...
    Rob---send you your addy PM for the othyer game buddy if you will

Also, I am really against trading picks. I hate to seem like the d!ck here, but I prefer the draft order day of, and to start trading picks now too can REALLY favor some people over others based on experience. Ive done Fantasy long enough I can deal with that, but for the sake of an even playing field for all persons here I would like to see no trading of picks.....just my 2 cents.
    I sent that pm over...
    yeah, I don't really care one way or the other... I've only traded picks in keeper leagues and since this isn't, I doubt there would be any deals anyway...
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    I'm #1!!!!

I feel pressure now! Who to pick???
    Of course Rob is number 3.. stinking cheater! haha i couldn't resist.. always have to say it.
    sirfoster83:
    I'm #1!!!!

Anyone not in the top 20
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    sirfoster83:
    I'm #1!!!!

Lol Gimme AP!
    Ripp:
    Of course Rob is number 3.. stinking cheater! haha i couldn't resist.. always have to say it.
    Which is why RANDOM NIGHT OF is always the best way to go. I know you were joking (at least 99%), but a pre draft line up is neve a good idea due to skeptical human nature, IMHO In the end, no pick is really better than another---but always curiosity.
    Vulchor:
    Ripp:
    Which is why RANDOM NIGHT OF is always the best way to go. I know you were joking (at least 99%), but a pre draft line up is neve a good idea due to skeptical human nature, IMHO In the end, no pick is really better than another---but always curiosity.
    agreed, but I asked and I only got votes to have a pre-draft order so folks could prepare... this is not the way I wanted to do it, but i can assure you that it was totally random... Football leagues are won in rounds 3-10 anyway...
    I know it was Rob, and I wasnt criticizing... just didnt speak up cause I figured majoirty ruled which is cool---but you know the way things can go. Anyway---lets get to it damnit, Im through with preseason already.
    Vulchor:
    I know it was Rob, and I wasnt criticizing... just didnt speak up cause I figured majoirty ruled which is cool---but you know the way things can go. Anyway---lets get to it damnit, Im through with preseason already.
    I understand... just giving background on the decision...

yeah, my niners put up a bunch of points today, but who really cares... but it was good to see Anthony Dixon run the ball well, since Coffee decided to find God and whatnot...