Home General Discussion

The Newbie welcoming thread.

Comments

• ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    SleevePlz:
    ddubridge:
    SleevePlz:
    ddubridge:
    been around for a while but just starting to get involved. Hello all.
    Welcome to the forum. You are from Michigan. Any chance I know you? Lol.
    Probably not, don't make it over your way often
    So where in this great state of ours do you reside???
    west side, GR
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Welcome noobs:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) and enjoy!
  • biodarwinbiodarwin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 260
    Hello Folks!

Made me first post here last night before noticing this thread. My name is Jeremy and I live in Louisiana. I recently started smoking cigars ( well good cigars anyways ) I have only had a few decent cigars and so far a maduro wrapped 1990 Vintage Rockey Patel has been my favorite! I am using a spreadsheet to track everything from wrapped, size, body, taste etc....

I look forward to being able to contribute and give back once I get up and going!
  • smokey64smokey64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6

hello from Fresno CA, I’ve been smoking inexpensive  machine made for years, awhile back I switched to more quality sticks. I’m surprised by what I don’t know about cigars but this sight is helping. Btw so far I really enjoy Rocky’s the edge

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}
  • smokey64smokey64 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
    hello from Fresno CA, I’ve been smoking inexpensive  machine made for years, awhile back I switched to more quality sticks. I’m surprised by what I don’t know about cigars but this sight is helping. Btw so far I really enjoy Rocky’s the edge
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Welcome to the forum Jeremy and Smokey64! Please don't be shy and feel free to jump right in to the various discussions. You guys have found a wonderful group of people to share this hobby with!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    SleevePlz:
    Welcome to the forum Jeremy and Smokey64! Please don't be shy and feel free to jump right in to the various discussions. You guys have found a wonderful group of people to share this hobby with!
    Ah, new people make the forum go 'round. Welcome Jeremy and Smokey64!
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Welcome and Enjoy! Lots of good info and brotherly love shared here....so to speak.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    smokey64:
    We meet up in Visalia from time to time dude, if you want to hang I'll let you know. Be weary of the prices at the shops in Fresno too.... Great events, but the pricing can be unreal stupid. If you ever come through bako, that's where I'm at.
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    smokey64:

At least you're not from Hanford... Lol! Welcome to the madness, guys! Step up and join the fun. Spout off about how bad Snoob's manicure is and feel free to send him all of your dog rockets, he loves the cacky sticks! As already stated, you've found a place to learn and grow within our glorious hobby(lifestyle). Enjoy your time here and be sure to openly post your address.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Welcome to the forum guys.
  • prosspross Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 739
    Welcome to the forums. There is a great deal of info here, and a great group of guys.
  • biodarwinbiodarwin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 260
    Thank you all for the warm welcome!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Yay new people!! Welcome to the forums and please enjoy yourself!!
  • DCarp2005DCarp2005 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 140
    Hello all, this is my first time posting on the forum. I've been smoking cigars for a couple of months now mainly when golfing. I've picked up samplers from the sprint sale and have a couple of 50 ct humis. I've read some of the posts in the forum and thought it would be a good time to finally post and see if you all have any advice for a herf noob
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    DCarp2005:
    Hello all, this is my first time posting on the forum. I've been smoking cigars for a couple of months now mainly when golfing. I've picked up samplers from the sprint sale and have a couple of 50 ct humis. I've read some of the posts in the forum and thought it would be a good time to finally post and see if you all have any advice for a herf noob
    Welcome, sounds like you've got a good start.
    Welcome and enjoy the forums
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Welcome to all and enjoy
  • bap001bap001 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 28
    Hey guys, I'm pretty new to cigar smoking and have tried a few brands. Really love this site and wanted to get more involved with the members (get suggestions, pass on what i've found I like, etc.) Just wanted to introduce myself, I've tried a few different brands, but am generally very green in the cigar smoking realm.
    Welcome dude lots of answers can be found here, pm are found in your inbox at top of page, btw you have one!:-) :-) :-)
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Welcome all the new guys! Please forward ur address on to MVW67 he keeps all of our addresses safe!!! Enjoy
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Hello new guys, welcome and be sure to check out the Newb trading thread and grab a sponsor too!
    Medic45:
    Welcome all the new guys! Please forward ur address on to MVW67 he keeps all of our addresses safe!!! Enjoy
    lol unless you want to post in open....LOL
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    MVW67:
    Medic45:
    Too soon!
  • DCarp2005DCarp2005 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 140
    Just want to say thanks for the warm welcome, seems like a good bunch of guys on here
    DCarp2005:
    Just want to say thanks for the warm welcome, seems like a good bunch of guys on here
    check your pm
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Rain:
    MVW67:
    Medic45:
    Too soon!
    Really guys I mean seriously!!! Y'all are never gonna let me live that 1 down r u