Home General Discussion

The Newbie welcoming thread.

Comments

• RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Medic45:
    Rain:
    MVW67:
    Medic45:
    Welcome all the new guys! Please forward ur address on to MVW67 he keeps all of our addresses safe!!! Enjoy
    lol unless you want to post in open....LOL
    Too soon!
    Really guys I mean seriously!!! Y'all are never gonna let me live that 1 down r u
    Hahaha, not when it happened this week.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Welcome noobs! And enjoy!:-) :-) :-)
  • CLEsmokesCLEsmokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 19
    Hey everyone. My name is Adam, and I am new as hell to this. This is my first forum post. On any site. I am very new to the cigar world and have been spending the last few months reading page after page trying to learn as much as possible and sampling as many different cigars as I can get my hands on. I can't get enough. I have a 120 ct. humidor with a wide range of cigars from different samplers. So far my favorites have been the Alec Bradley Black Market, the La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor, and the cigar that started all of this, the Acid Kuba Kuba. I have another order coming today. I ordered the Genisis the Project 6 cigar sampler that comes with the ashtray box, and I ordered some AF Hemingway Short Story. I have to share my excitement with someone, my girlfriend humored me at first but now she's sick of hearing all my cigar talk. Which is why I came on here. So if anyone has any helpful info they want to pass my way or some cigar reccomendations, I'm all ears. I also have developed quite a few sticks that I don't care for from the samplers. Mostly Rocky Patel, a few Gurkah that I am interested in trading. Just let me know. Thanks and Hope to talk to you as I find my way around Cigar.com
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Welcome, plenty of info here, fire away. I would try the newbie trading thread first. After you've completed a trade, post a thread in TSBC with the smokes you don't like, someone will want them. I'm glad you chose ccom, this place is wonderful.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    CLEsmokes:
    Hey everyone. My name is Adam, and I am new as hell to this. This is my first forum post. On any site. I am very new to the cigar world and have been spending the last few months reading page after page trying to learn as much as possible and sampling as many different cigars as I can get my hands on. I can't get enough. I have a 120 ct. humidor with a wide range of cigars from different samplers. So far my favorites have been the Alec Bradley Black Market, the La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor, and the cigar that started all of this, the Acid Kuba Kuba. I have another order coming today. I ordered the Genisis the Project 6 cigar sampler that comes with the ashtray box, and I ordered some AF Hemingway Short Story. I have to share my excitement with someone, my girlfriend humored me at first but now she's sick of hearing all my cigar talk. Which is why I came on here. So if anyone has any helpful info they want to pass my way or some cigar reccomendations, I'm all ears. I also have developed quite a few sticks that I don't care for from the samplers. Mostly Rocky Patel, a few Gurkah that I am interested in trading. Just let me know. Thanks and Hope to talk to you as I find my way around Cigar.com
    Welcome Adam. Great bunch of guys and gals round here. Sounds like you have had a great start, and have found some tasty smokes. Look around and have fun.
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    welcome Adam, tons of great people here!
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Haha welcome Adam!! I've seen you lurking around here but thought you were a rep because of your screen name. This is a great place and lots of fun and information.
  • CLEsmokesCLEsmokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 19
    Thanks guys. Everyone I have run across has been very helpful. A couple things I've read say newbies should get a sponsor. I'm clueless. If someone knows how this goes and wants to fill me in or point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    CLEsmokes:
    Thanks guys. Everyone I have run across has been very helpful. A couple things I've read say newbies should get a sponsor. I'm clueless. If someone knows how this goes and wants to fill me in or point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.
    you work out a trade with someone on here who is not a newbie... You send your best cigars and get crap in return then we might let you join in on some of the fun around here... I think that's how it goes lol j/k. Just setup a trade and you will be good to go. Glad to have you on board.
    CLEsmokes you have a pm, upper right corner inbox.:-) :-)
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    MVW67:
    and so it begins!! do you know someone, who can get you a discount on mailboxes!!??
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
    MVW67:
    MVW67:
    Damn mikes quick!! Good luck cle!!
  • Santa ClausSanta Claus Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 203
    MVW67:
    ho ho ho wellllcome to cigar.com forums Adam!! Michael my Michael, please forward Santa Adam's address!!
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Santa Claus:
    MVW67:
    ho ho ho wellllcome to cigar.com forums Adam!! Michael my Michael, please forward Santa Adam's address!!

At this rate Santa is going to be broke by the time Christmas gets here. Welcome to the fray Adam.
    pelirrojo:
    Santa Claus:
    MVW67:

At this rate Santa is going to be broke by the time Christmas gets here. Welcome to the fray Adam.
    Nope! money will come and go but Santa's love will stay foreverrrr :)
    Santa Claus:
    pelirrojo:
    Santa Claus:
    MVW67:

Santa has a sweat shop filled with rollers...he's pretty strapped with stogies
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Santa Claus:
    pelirrojo:
    Santa Claus:
    MVW67:

Santa has a sweat shop filled with rollers...he's pretty strapped with stogies
    Incorrect! Santa's workers are all legal and are made in the USA. Products well... from central america
    j0z3r:
    NEWBIES to the CCOM forum, break the ice here with a small introduction or something to make you feel a bit comfortable posting on the forum. We now have over 900 members, but less that 10% of them post with any kind of regularity.

So don't be shy just cuz you're new, most of us (if not all ) will welcome you with open arms and be happy to have you as part of the community so long as you are decent and respectful.

Disclaimer: I by no means speak for the community at large, but I've got a hunch that quite a few people would agree with me.

Joe
    Yes Welcome
  • Big TexBig Tex Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 142
    Welcome to the forum CLEsmokes! Lots of good, knowledgeable guys around here.
  • mr.wendell1979mr.wendell1979 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    I came across the forums after I had ordered from the website. I occasionally smoked cigars while on active duty and just recently started smoking them again. I'm still trying to figure out which I like best but that's half the enjoyment. These forums gave me quite a bit of information, reviews, and suggestions which have helped a ton when deciding which to try next ( for that "thank you!").
  • desertsmokedesertsmoke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 16
    Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Tim, from Phoenix. I've been lurking on the forums for a long time now. I've been really into cigars for the past several years, and it's gone to a new level with all of the good info I get from you all. I keep a pretty consistent collection of 100-150 sticks, with My Father, AJ's stuff (esp. San Lotano), Tats, Oliva Vs, EPC, and lately Black Crown and Genesis all in the regular rotation. You guys have a great thing going here, and I look forward to getting more involved.

That's probably enough sucking up to you all for now. Back to this Headley Grange I'm enjoying--my first one, but it won't be the last. Great cigar.
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    You guys will be blown away by the people here. Best forum/group of people on the net. Mr. Wendell: Thanks for your service.
    mr.wendell1979:
    I came across the forums after I had ordered from the website. I occasionally smoked cigars while on active duty and just recently started smoking them again. I'm still trying to figure out which I like best but that's half the enjoyment. These forums gave me quite a bit of information, reviews, and suggestions which have helped a ton when deciding which to try next ( for that "thank you!").
    Welcome to the forums and enjoy, there are lots of great guys and gals here with a vast amount of knowledge and good friends also that many wouldn't think possible on a forum, just ask my wife......um anyways welcome, first thing you have a pm/personal message, inbox upper right corner.:-) :-)
    desertsmoke:
    Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Tim, from Phoenix. I've been lurking on the forums for a long time now. I've been really into cigars for the past several years, and it's gone to a new level with all of the good info I get from you all. I keep a pretty consistent collection of 100-150 sticks, with My Father, AJ's stuff (esp. San Lotano), Tats, Oliva Vs, EPC, and lately Black Crown and Genesis all in the regular rotation. You guys have a great thing going here, and I look forward to getting more involved.

That's probably enough sucking up to you all for now. Back to this Headley Grange I'm enjoying--my first one, but it won't be the last. Great cigar.
    Welcome and have a good time, yes agree with ya completely great info on here!! You have a PM in your inbox upper right corner!!
    Welcome to the forums guys!! This is a fun and great place!! And damn mike do you have some sort of alert on your computer that tells you when new people are on?!
    Lee.mcglynn:
    Welcome to the forums guys!! This is a fun and great place!! And damn mike do you have some sort of alert on your computer that tells you when new people are on?!
    Ha ha yes.....................LOL
    MVW67:
    j0z3r:
    NEWBIES to the CCOM forum, break the ice here with a small introduction or something to make you feel a bit comfortable posting on the forum. We now have over 900 members, but less that 10% of them post with any kind of regularity.

So don't be shy just cuz you're new, most of us (if not all ) will welcome you with open arms and be happy to have you as part of the community so long as you are decent and respectful.

Disclaimer: I by no means speak for the community at large, but I've got a hunch that quite a few people would agree with me.

Joe
    Yes Welcome
    yup up