Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    The Straight Story?
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Medic45:
    The Straight Story?
    Haha. You're a little late to the party, Uncle Si! Might want to back up to the previous page... ;^)
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    Puff_Dougie:
    Medic45:
    The Straight Story?
    Haha. You're a little late to the party, Uncle Si! Might want to back up to the previous page... ;^)
    we'll crap!! Lol
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Coming your way, Eric...

9114 9011 5981 8023 1886 87
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    I like quotes so I'm going to stick with that. Although I've seen thousands of movies while working for years at a video store, I promise not to make this too obscure. Same rules apply: no search engines, IMDB, etc., only one guess per 24 hours.

Looking for the actor here, not the title of the movie. He's had a pretty successful career and there's a lot to choose from; some more obvious than others.

Clue #1

"It was as if breasts were little pieces of property that had been unlawfully annexed by the opposite sex. They were rightfully ours and we wanted them back."
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 808
    It's been a while since I've watched this but I think it's John cusack in High Fidelity. Good movie.
    Patrickbrick:
    It's been a while since I've watched this but I think it's John cusack in High Fidelity. Good movie.
    Guess I should have gone more obscure lol! I was hoping to post a couple more and end with one of my all-time favorite lines:

"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

PM me your addy and I'll get something out to you!
    Name the movie from the quote, il make it easy by giving two lines from the same actor in the same movie. 1. I'm going outside to get some smog. 2. You watch those nature documentaries on the cable. ( other actor "yea" ) you see the one about the lions? Good luck if more quotes are needed I will post.
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Patrickbrick:
    Name the movie from the quote, il make it easy by giving two lines from the same actor in the same movie. 1. I'm going outside to get some smog. 2. You watch those nature documentaries on the cable. ( other actor "yea" ) you see the one about the lions? Good luck if more quotes are needed I will post.
    Office Space?
    DAMN DIRTY APES (double post...)
    No not even close. That is a great movie yea so I'm going to have to come in on Saturday.
    Patrickbrick:
    No not even close. That is a great movie yea so I'm going to have to come in on Saturday.
    Haha just seemed like a convo between Peter and Lawrence. I read the whole thing in Lawrence's voice.
    Lol yea no it's very separate times in the movie, two of the most memorable from the same actor.
  • kingjobinkingjobin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3
    Poolhall Junkies

I got your balls right here you Greek ***.
    You got it! That was fast, I figured Christopher Walken has done so many movies better pick a more obscure one. Ay way what's your address il send your winnings out in the am. And your up.
    Next up:

Look at me, jerking off in the shower... This will be the high point of my day; it's all downhill from here.
    Lol what are out you looking for American beauty or the actor Kevin Spacy. Hahahah trade?
    Nice!  Looking for the movie, I'll throw in an extra smoke for the actor, and you're back up!
    Again looking for the movie. Why a spoon cousin why not a ax or a sword.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Patrickbrick:
    Again looking for the movie. Why a spoon cousin why not a ax or a sword.
    Must not answer...however, I will say, there was a butt double in this film, or so I've heard, ladies.
    You've got the movie if no one else answers pm me your address.
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    Robin Hood Prince of Theives... Go ahead and send it to the guy who knew about the butt double.
    Wel I'd say you both got it so pm me your addresses please. I will get these out as soon is I can.
    Thanks for letting me chime in. Send it to Martel, and let him have sole credit, I’d be terrible at trying to come up with a clue for the next guy to guess. Haven’t been to a movie theater since my daughter was born almost three years ago.
    FireRob:
    Robin Hood Prince of Theives... Go ahead and send it to the guy who knew about the butt double.
    Don't be dull, you twit...I didn't answer because I didn't want to come up with a question.

But fine, I will. The wife just yesterday said I needed to incorporate a line in our budget for mailing cigars to people...

Now, while I think of a good one, don't go dropping bits and pieces of yourself all over England.
    Well, *****me, they made it!
    Let us give praise to our maker and glory to his bounty by learning about BEER.

So many quotable quotes from that movie...
    Those are all good lines from a move I really like but havent seen in a long time.
    Okay, so I have finally entered the world of high definition. Last year, after much research we settled on a Panasonic Plasma TV because I was tired of washed out black tones. Looks fantastic. My wife bought me a birthday present and gave it to me early--Surround Sound and a blu ray! I've been tweaking the speaker settings to get it just right and balanced. Sounding good. Looking good. But I only had a couple of blu ray discs to see everything in action as a complete package. Star Trek Into Darkness and Ender's Game were great trials. I might pop in The Last Starfighter tonight. The kids watched Frozen and Enchanted. That's about it for the BR library. So, I had to go to Target and stock up...

All this to say there is a film I wanted which they only had on DVD. I never bought this film on DVD, although I have it on VHS, still. It's a movie I want to see on a big screen more than any other. I passed up the chance once to see it on an IMAX screen and kind of kick myself for it (even though I hate IMAX only a little less than I hate 3D). And. They. Did. Not. Have. It.

Looks like Amazon is getting some business soon.

So, what movie is it that I want to see in 1080p, on a screen with intense blacks and great color contrast? I'll be giving hints once a day if no one can guess from this little bit of information...
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    4th of July fireworks!!!!!
    Martel:
    All this to say there is a film I wanted which they only had on DVD. I never bought this film on DVD, although I have it on VHS, still. It's a movie I want to see on a big screen more than any other. I passed up the chance once to see it on an IMAX screen and kind of kick myself for it (even though I hate IMAX only a little less than I hate 3D). And. They. Did. Not. Have. It.

So, what movie is it that I want to see in 1080p, on a screen with intense blacks and great color contrast? I'll be giving hints once a day if no one can guess from this little bit of information...
    Going to guess Apollo 13 only because it was one of the first Hollywood blockbusters to come to IMAX and it's old enough to have still been released on VHS.
    ejgorman:
    Martel:

Going to guess Apollo 13 only because it was one of the first Hollywood blockbusters to come to IMAX and it's old enough to have still been released on VHS.
    Okay, hint #2...this film is obviously old enough to be on VHS, but it is also older than IMAX. IMAX will convert some films to show on their screens even if it wasn't shot in IMAX.