Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    This movie has a small part by one of the actors/actresses who would later star in Cheers
    This film featured a motorhome as a form of transportation
  • chrisloldschrislolds Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 421
    rsherman24:
    Stripes?
    chrislolds:
    rsherman24:
    Stripes?

Nope
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    The Incredibles...never mind, that came after Cheers
    rsherman24:

Please disregard the first clue about the Cheers actor. I had 2 movies in mind, and gave the wrong one first

1. This film featured a motorhome as a form of transportation
    2. The phrase "Oh, that's going to leave a mark" was coined in this film
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    rsherman24:
    rsherman24:

Please disregard the first clue about the Cheers actor. I had 2 movies in mind, and gave the wrong one first

1. This film featured a motorhome as a form of transportation
    2. The phrase "Oh, that's going to leave a mark" was coined in this film
    Easy..Tommyboy!
    Nope. Before that
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Puff_Dougie:
    Spaceballs?

Winner. I'll get your package out. You are up Doug
  • chrisloldschrislolds Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 421
    rsherman24:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Spaceballs?

Gotta comb the dessert... haha love that movie...
    rsherman24:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Spaceballs?

Dang! I thought for sure that was the wrong answer! Doh!

Crazy at work today... will try to get a new clue up tomorrow...
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Got my winnings from Firerob. That man treated me well for guessing Rudy!

Rudy Movie photo IMG_20140416_161740484_zpsr4vunlbg.jpg

I can't wait to try those Ezra Zion smokes. The Master Blends is an Oliva I have yet to try. I have one in the humi, so now I can smoke one and age one! TYVM, man!

And I've got some winnings ready to send out; I went to the PO to get some amall flat rates and they were out in the bin. I took one look at the line and realized it was April 15. I'll go get boxes tomorrow and mail stuff out. Sorry for the delay.
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    Was really hoping the MB3 would either be a new one for you or at least a Oliva that you like. When my B&M guy found out why I was buying the Ezra Zion’s he wants some feedback on what you think of them. So be sure to let me know. I guess they’re not selling well, and who could blame it. I am not a fan, even though I have only had the Tantrum, but for the price tag on those Ezra’s I’d rather have something else. Thanks for guessing Rudy and hope you enjoy those!

PO is no Joke!!! I went on the 14th, day before tax day to a different than usual PO to pick up a bunch of flat rate supply’s for 10 boxes and it was a complete night mare!!!! Long story, I stood in line for an hour and after talking to the lady at the counter who had no clue how much it even cost to send a small flat rate and argued with me about me only needing $5.60 stamps and that they don’t even carry $5.80 stamps and refused to give me the two $.10 stamps I needed to make it $5.80 postage and also refusing to give me tracking labels unless I told her what zip code they were going to, so I walked out with nothing I went in for.
    OK... here we go...

Clue #1 - First starring dramatic role for an actor best known for comedy films.
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 486
    Going Overboard?
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    Puff_Dougie:
    OK... here we go...

Clue #1 - First starring dramatic role for an actor best known for comedy films.
    The Truman Show (Jim Carrey)
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
  • TwoThingismTwoThingism Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 121
    Death to Smoochy?
    Great guesses, but nope.

Clue #2. - The hero of this story is an inanimate object.
    Patrickbrick and Rsherman, I sent both of your winnings out today.

Okay, Puff. No one else is guessing, so maybe you're talking about Castaway?

Wilsonnnnnnnn!
    Martel:

Wilsonnnnnnnn!
    Close, but no cigars!

Clue #3 - The soundtrack features a song by a One Hit Wonder that was later covered by The Monkees.
    Puff_Dougie:
    Martel:

Wilsonnnnnnnn!
    Close, but no cigars!

Clue #3 - The soundtrack features a song by a One Hit Wonder that was later covered by The Monkees.
    If the inanimate hero of the story is what's represented by the inanimate object rather than the object itself, I should have considered something else. I knew the timing of "first serious role" cast out castaway.
    Clue #4 - The father of the lead actor in this film was a musician with the Righteous Brothers.
    Had to use Google but I figured out the actor. As any cubs fan would, I love his Harry Caray impersonation
    FireRob:
    Had to use Google but I figured out the actor. As any cubs fan would, I love his Harry Caray impersonation
    Clue #5 - The lead actor does a mean Harry Caray impersonation. :^)
    Ha ha ha and oops. Sorry Doug. Just trying to help speed it along a little and I couldn't resist.
    FireRob:
    Was really hoping the MB3 would either be a new one for you or at least a Oliva that you like. When my B&M guy found out why I was buying the Ezra Zion’s he wants some feedback on what you think of them. So be sure to let me know. I guess they’re not selling well, and who could blame it. I am not a fan, even though I have only had the Tantrum, but for the price tag on those Ezra’s I’d rather have something else. Thanks for guessing Rudy and hope you enjoy those!

PO is no Joke!!! I went on the 14th, day before tax day to a different than usual PO to pick up a bunch of flat rate supply’s for 10 boxes and it was a complete night mare!!!! Long story, I stood in line for an hour and after talking to the lady at the counter who had no clue how much it even cost to send a small flat rate and argued with me about me only needing $5.60 stamps and that they don’t even carry $5.80 stamps and refused to give me the two $.10 stamps I needed to make it $5.80 postage and also refusing to give me tracking labels unless I told her what zip code they were going to, so I walked out with nothing I went in for.
    PM to you.
    Winnings from Martel arrived today. Straight off the wish list for some of these. Thank you very much