Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
  • seagarloverseagarlover Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 437
    I just found the most AWESOME stick I have ever had, It is the "BLACK PEARL" FROM La Pearla Habana. purchased from this site cigar.com my customer service rep was Tina, she is Awesome, let me get the review for these cigars. I can only lead you to water I can't make you,.... you know. La Perla’s Black Pearl is an, er, jewel of the first order. An uber-tasty maduro with lip-smacking, deep maduro flavors galore, trumped only by CI’s providential discount pricing. Call me insane, call me anything, you can even call the men in the white coats, but just remember to call me for dinner because there’s no denying the goodness of this deal. Black Pearl brings a jet-black Brazilian Arapiraca maduro wrapper which disguises a meaty long-filler blend of aged tobaccos from Nicaragua, Mexico, and the Dominican to create a rich, brawny smoke that’s medium in body and balanced throughout. Complex notes of toast and wood mingle with a subtle caramel sweetness, while the rich aroma fills the room with deep charcoal scents. Rich and flavorful, Black Pearl would be a bargain at twice the price but at CI’s introductory offer, it’s downright epic. Photobucket
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    y2pascoe:
    JHewey:
    RobbyRas sent me one of these. How is it?
    It was good. Had a few issues at first of it staying lit. But when that corrected itself. Great.
  • SporusSporus Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 236
    SleevePlz:
    IMAG0093
    Enjoying one of these right now myself! Pairing it with some mimosas and getting tons of hazelnut on the first third.
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    Nothing special here... The large ring gauge doesn't help. image
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Cohiba Maduro 5
  • skweekzskweekz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,218
    La Gloria Cubana Glorias
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro that my boy gave me the summer of 2009. The first one I had took an hour to burn about an inch. I think the age really helped out. I did have to relight twice and the burn was off but every other one I had had the same issues but worse. I think these do better with the lower rH. As for the taste, it was much better than the last few. One more left. Think I will give it another year or 2.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    Ramon Allones EL2011
    You have great taste my friend.
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Ramon Allones EL2011
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    rzaman:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Ramon Allones EL2011
    Thanks brother! After hearing DD talk so highly of them I couldn't let them pass by...they are smoking great for this young of a cigar.
    If you can age them little longer then you will enjoy them even more. Still, The 2011 release has some harshness. Within 6-12 months resting this cigar mellow down and releases smooth, flowery, sweet aroma. DD also has great taste and this is a good CC. Ramon Alloones use extra ligeros for extra strength. Some of their cigar can be little to harsh but with little aging they turn into a very pleasant smoke.
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    rzaman:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Ramon Allones EL2011
    Thanks brother! After hearing DD talk so highly of them I couldn't let them pass by...they are smoking great for this young of a cigar.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Jdn antano dark corojo
  • kingdavid5kingdavid5 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 293
  • stowggiestowggie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 399
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Man o War robusto
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    Avion figurado. Never seen this one before and figured it was worth a try. Very solid smoke. The owner of the B&M described it as a toned-down Fausto. Not sure I would have described it that way on my own, but I can see it fitting. Good flavor and spice, but also pretty smooth and, so far, not knocking me on me butt like a Fausto.

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    ndhaon91:
    Avion figurado. Never seen this one before and figured it was worth a try. Very solid smoke. The owner of the B&M described it as a toned-down Fausto. Not sure I would have described it that way on my own, but I can see it fitting. Good flavor and spice, but also pretty smooth and, so far, not knocking me on me butt like a Fausto. image
    The Avion is to my knowledge the exact same blend as the Fausto just in a limited figarado shape. The wrapper is roughly 75% of the flavor, so maybe the balance is adjusted and lighter due to the increased size but the filler is generally the main influence on the body so it should be similar if not maybe more. Just my two cents
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    robbyras:
    2012-04-02_12-16-05_697
    Nice ashtray!! Mind if I ask where you got it?
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    90+ Irishman:
    ndhaon91:
    Avion figurado. Never seen this one before and figured it was worth a try. Very solid smoke. The owner of the B&M described it as a toned-down Fausto. Not sure I would have described it that way on my own, but I can see it fitting. Good flavor and spice, but also pretty smooth and, so far, not knocking me on me butt like a Fausto.

The Avion is to my knowledge the exact same blend as the Fausto just in a limited figarado shape. The wrapper is roughly 75% of the flavor, so maybe the balance is adjusted and lighter due to the increased size but the filler is generally the main influence on the body so it should be similar if not maybe more. Just my two cents

Very interesting. Maybe I'm just tougher than I thought...
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    xmacro:
    robbyras:
    2012-04-02_12-16-05_697
    Nice ashtray!! Mind if I ask where you got it?
    Wife got it for me as a gift about a year ago... it's a 1930's Ronson striker lighter and ashtray... I don;t use the lighter portion, but I love the astray... it's become a bit of a signature for me on my review site...
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    Don't hate it's fvcken good! Java Mint
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
  • Katt68Katt68 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 124
    lcpleel:
    I tried one of these the other day, IT'S A NICE STICK!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Katt68:
    lcpleel:
    I tried one of these the other day, IT'S A NICE STICK!
    Think I got one in the humi somewhere. Have to break it out
  • Katt68Katt68 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 124
    Katt68 wrote the following post at 04-02-2012 2:53 PM: Kristoff Original image
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 551
    Right now i'm burning down a lhc oscuro fuerte saloman that I got from the Kid. Thanks man!
  • Duke2Duke2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 393
    This afternoon while enjoying the warm 89 degree day I lit up a Tatuaje Fausto along with an adult libation.