Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    Great Smoke. My chores will be done in an hour or so. Don't have an EP , but sure I'll find something good enough to smoke.
  • Katt68Katt68 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 124
    stowggie:
    Katt68:
    E P Carillo maddie, Nice way to reward myself for getting all of my chores done :)image
    My chores are done to. Not a bad idea!
    SMILES, thinking of smoking this on the deck in the sun...
  • Katt68Katt68 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 124
    lcpleel:
    Direwolf:
    Passat lol
    LOL ok
    Who has a BUG??? I have a 68 Beetle
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Got the day off!!! Started with an A. Turrent triple play from Hayblet. Tasty, thank you!

Now I'm on to a La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte from Dec. 2010. Smooooooth.
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    Started with a 5 Vegas Miami, now onto a 5 Vegas Cask Strength. Both are the box pressed toros.

I think I'm done with the Miami. It just doesn't do anything for me. The Cask Strength, on the other hand... yum. This is my first, and I will be on the lookout for more!
    Lancero courtesy of Todd's Magical Mystery Humi
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Those MF Lanceros are my favorite vitola in the original line, creamy and uber complex
    90+ Irishman:
    Those MF Lanceros are my favorite vitola in the original line, creamy and uber complex
    Seriously.. was nothing like the other MF's I had. Totally different experience.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    D@mn Steve... do you even KNOW what a bad cigar LOOKS like?!?! I've been eyeing those Atlantic 15th MF's for a while now.... had a toss up between doing a box of ten of those or doing a Johnny-O! Custom Roll sampler. Johnny-O! ended up winning out and a just ordered a hefty list from him, but wondering how different of a profile the Atlantic's are over the regular release MF's? Either way it ain't gonna be a bad smoke, just curious if it's wildly different like the Le Bijou 1922 or just similar but with slightly different character?
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    I'm stretched out on the porch swing with a big ole Padilla Black Bear...nothing like a lazy morning with a fat cigar! If I had an iced coffee to go with it it'd be perfect!
    90+ Irishman:
    D@mn Steve... do you even KNOW what a bad cigar LOOKS like?!?! I've been eyeing those Atlantic 15th MF's for a while now.... had a toss up between doing a box of ten of those or doing a Johnny-O! Custom Roll sampler. Johnny-O! ended up winning out and a just ordered a hefty list from him, but wondering how different of a profile the Atlantic's are over the regular release MF's? Either way it ain't gonna be a bad smoke, just curious if it's wildly different like the Le Bijou 1922 or just similar but with slightly different character?

Brett, I try to live by my quote...LOL. To me, the 15th is closer to the MF than the BJ. Really nice flavor profile, but the pepper seems toned down just a tad. It's a lot creamier though, and I definitely picked up more sweetness. Really nice smoke.
    Steve2010:
    90+ Irishman:

Brett, I try to live by my quote...LOL. To me, the 15th is closer to the MF than the BJ. Really nice flavor profile, but the pepper seems toned down just a tad. It's a lot creamier though, and I definitely picked up more sweetness. Really nice smoke.
    Nice man sounds like a really solid MF... the longer you let the original line rest the creamier and richer they become in my experience, so if the Atlantic is already creamier and more of the fullness/richness to it sounds like it may be in the top dog spot. Thanks for the info brother, and seriously stay safe and smoke the SH!T outta those bad-azz smokes bro! I've got a killer package waiting for you stateside... get your azz in gear and come back safe so I can blow it off, ya hear?!
    Uploading pics from yesterday while Amanda and I watched the Yankees and Mets go at it in the lounge.... La Aurora is courtesy of Poker Slob, Feral is courtesy of Scarlin. Thank you BOTH!!! Brilliant smokes!

• catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Irish, what rh was the FFP at? i am curious...because at our recent herf, I brought two. One was from my aging herf which is normally 68-70, and I think it was on the high side. The other was from the cooler which is rock solid at 65-66. One had wrapper issues, the other was perfect. My guess was the 68-70-over humidity but am curious...
    catfishbluezz:
    Irish, what rh was the FFP at? i am curious...because at our recent herf, I brought two. One was from my aging herf which is normally 68-70, and I think it was on the high side. The other was from the cooler which is rock solid at 65-66. One had wrapper issues, the other was perfect. My guess was the 68-70-over humidity but am curious...
    The foot on that one was already cracked and I had fixed most of it with pectin, did a darned good job at holding it together but the entire wrapper had some issues regardless. Smoked brilliantly though so it wasn't an issue either way. I keep my cabinet at 67-68% and around 63-64 degrees F. Rarely have wrapper issues unless it was already present when it went into the humi.
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    The foot on that one was already cracked and I had fixed most of it with pectin, did a darned good job at holding it together but the entire wrapper had some issues regardless. Smoked brilliantly though so it wasn't an issue either way. I keep my cabinet at 67-68% and around 63-64 degrees F. Rarely have wrapper issues unless it was already present when it went into the humi.
    It was not an issue on mine either, I had it racked up to over humidity honestly...but firgured I'd ask. Nice smoke though huh?? I fell in love...and have 9 left =)
    catfishbluezz:
    90+ Irishman:
    catfishbluezz:
    It was not an issue on mine either, I had it racked up to over humidity honestly...but firgured I'd ask. Nice smoke though huh?? I fell in love...and have 9 left =)
    Nice smoke?!?! H3LL YEAH!! I'm sure there is much more to it than what I'm about to boil it down to, but I think that the largest reason I've been so hooked on them, besides the consistency and richness of each blend, is the stalk-cut cured wrapper.... adds so much character to the leaf and a durability as well that is just unmatched! That was the only Feral I had so won't be revisiting it for a while, but I enjoyed the h3ll out of it by all means... LP Unico Series is just about impossible to come by at any type of reasonable price around my parts so I rarely have them, but they are always a treat that I savor. Best part is Amanda loves the smell and taste of em so I still get smooched after having those bad boys too!!
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    What I was smoking while talking to the admission advisor bout me going back to school
    JHewey:
    What I was smoking while talking to the admission advisor bout me going back to school
    Awesome Justin! Takes loads of discipline and hard work to go back after being out for a while, lots of brass and guts man way to go ;)
    Cap blew up on me when I cut it, but so far this is a tasty smoke image
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Illusione Epernay
    This afternoon:

And:

T52 with wrapper issues. Had a cracked foot when I got it. And after lighting got worse. But still smoking ok.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Tatuaje Havana VI Angeles
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    This afternoon I herf'd with my buddy Joey and enjoyed a CAO Cameroon.

Not my day. I dropped it and wrapper split. But I'm still smoking this mofo.
  • GoatmilkGoatmilk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 200