Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    stopped by the B and M on the way home for work picked up an olivia V lancero. My first olivia and my first lancero. pretty great cigar so far. I need to go to my b&m more often they have a great selection. it was a tough choice.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    That is a highly under-rated stick in my opinion. I've always enjoyed those and they can be found as cheap as $1.25 in some Ccom deals I think.
    90+ Irishman:
    That is a highly under-rated stick in my opinion. I've always enjoyed those and they can be found as cheap as $1.25 in some Ccom deals I think.
    It's actually my first...and to b honest, I agree.... I had this one sitting for about 6 months and am on a smoking/trying spree and I will be buying more in the future as it is a pleasant surprise.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    How is the quality? Does it get bitter at the end? Is there a preferred vitola? I haven't had these since the first sampler I purchased a few years ago and have been wanting to revisit them.
    bbass2:
    How is the quality? Does it get bitter at the end? Is there a preferred vitola? I haven't had these since the first sampler I purchased a few years ago and have been wanting to revisit them.
    From my experience in general no they don't get bitter, but that will depend on how it is smoked (slow or fast), age, and how the cigar is stored and treated. Different rH's and temps, different age on them, different sticks they are stored with etc will all complicate this and depending on which way it leans good or bad, can make it superb or a dog rocket. To simplify however, my fav vitola is the "super-pointed" torp and it always finishes medium-bodied and flavored smoothly and gracefully for me. This is a stick that sadly I don't have in any of the humis right now, but is always solid and very consistent for me. Love to have a box, may have to pick one up in the next few months once the other items higher up on the "want" list is taken care of.

Catfish, thanks for reminding me of these bad boys, I've missed them for sure! Gald you enjoyed yours and had a good experience brother ;)
    bbass2:
    burn is excellent, flavor is very consistent without much change other than the presence of slight pepper and leather. I'm halfway through and this looks like a 6x50. Solid mild into medium and a perfect morning-noon cigar. Being my first, I would buy more. My guess is if you like full body, go for a longer vitola as it picks up in strength. This is what I would call a classic cigar...no pun intended.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    Excellent, thanks guys
  • kingdavid5kingdavid5 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 293
    kingdavid5:
    Whaddya think about this one David? BigT bombed me with one of these in it a few months back and I haven't sparked it yet. Thanks again Todd!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    I figured you as a VW bug type of guy... lol
    Direwolf:
    Passat lol
    LOL ok
    Am helping a friend restore. 61 convertible.
    bug? I had a 21 window vw samba
    Yup bug.love the old busses. Would love to have one someday
  • kingdavid5kingdavid5 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 293
    90+ Irishman:
    kingdavid5:
    Whaddya think about this one David? BigT bombed me with one of these in it a few months back and I haven't sparked it yet. Thanks again Todd!
    Flavor wise it was great right in my alley but I think I needed to let it sit longer it started cracking and the draw got real right toward the midway point but the flavor profile of cocoa and chocolate and a little spice was great
    kingdavid5:
    90+ Irishman:
    kingdavid5:
    Flavor wise it was great right in my alley but I think I needed to let it sit longer it started cracking and the draw got real right toward the midway point but the flavor profile of cocoa and chocolate and a little spice was great
    Have you heard of "dry-boxing" your sticks before they smoke and if so do you? For most smokes it should fix those types of issues, also try keeping your rH at 65-66% and LOWER than 70 degrees since most of your smokes are heavy on the ligero it will help the burn and cracking issues, plus will help to keep the tar buildup to a minimum as well. Hope that helps to solve some stuff, and thanks for the read on what to expect flavor wise sounds like I'll like it a lot!
    Having my first Feral courtesy of Scarlin at the lounge with my wife while she smokes a stick as well and watching baseball... Great day! The Feral is rocking though thanks bro!!
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    Just finished nubbing the Feral... Brilliant all the way down to the Nub. Lighting up a La Aurora Preferido Maddie courtesy of Poker Slob
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    JHewey:
    Worth the price line? I found these at a Rhode Island B&M recently and they were selling for over $20 a stick!
    y2pascoe:
    JHewey:
    Worth the price line? I found these at a Rhode Island B&M recently and they were selling for over $20 a stick!
    This was gifted to me by ochzacho but yes it was great. I may have to spend the money to get a few more.
    JHewey:
    y2pascoe:
    JHewey:
    This was gifted to me by ochzacho but yes it was great. I may have to spend the money to get a few more.
    good spicy stick?
    Direwolf:
    JHewey:
    y2pascoe:
    JHewey:
    good spicy stick?
    Wasn't all that spicy. Had some spiciness but nothing overpowering (which I like) and some chocolate/cocoa flavor (which I LOVE in a cigar)
    JHewey:
    Direwolf:
    JHewey:
    y2pascoe:
    JHewey:
    good spicy stick?
    Wasn't all that spicy. Had some spiciness but nothing overpowering (which I like) and some chocolate/cocoa flavor (which I LOVE in a cigar)
    I do love that cocoa taste. just seems every stick I pick up usally has more pepper than anything.
  • Katt68Katt68 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 124
    E P Carillo maddie, Nice way to reward myself for getting all of my chores done :)image
  • stowggiestowggie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 399
    Katt68:
    E P Carillo maddie, Nice way to reward myself for getting all of my chores done :)image
    My chores are done to. Not a bad idea!