Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin this afternoon??

Comments

• taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    my first ever MoW PA.
  • pbchevopbchevo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 712
    am really liking the grand cru line
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Checking out the local hype...RP Maduro of costa rica. Had some wrapper issues affecting draw and flavor, so I let it correct itself then recut and this is a tasty smoke. image
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    Smoked a Adwani cigar I saw at a b&m by my job site, it was real good
  • acewoodsonacewoodson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
    I'm having my first Rocky Patel. It's the Connecticut. A bit milder than I've been used to lately but a good smoke non the less.
  • stephenakirkstephenakirk Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
    got home early today and smoked a gurkha crest toro, it was awesome! something really relaxing about an afternoon cigar
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
  • pbchevopbchevo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 712
    Mow ruination belicoso...I think this is my favorite vitola
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    90+ Irishman:
    Jetmech_63:
    Tatuaje Fausto. Quite strong after the first inch, about half way in and it's getting really interesting. Toasty wood, a slight sweet carmelized flavor and a lot of leather. Spice is fading into a nice smoothness. im diggin this!
    I had a very similar experience, loved it enough that I am now always hunting for them and fixing to smoke the Avion pretty soon! So glad you enjoyed it as much as I did!
    I know the Avion is supposed to be the same blend as the Fausto, just in a different vitola, but I didn't think it was even in the same stratosphere of strength. It was a fantastic stick, but it didn't knock me flat like the Fausto tends to do.
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
  • asianbiker8asianbiker8 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 551
    Turned out to be a nice afternoon despite the rain in the morning. Outside smoking a montecristo flora fina that I got from the Kid
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    5 Vegas AAA. It was much better than I was anticipating.IMAG0104
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 441
    Had a AB black market. God i love this one. First one ive had with a little rest and it was amazing.
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,290
    catfishbluezz:
    Checking out the local hype...RP Maduro of costa rica. Had some wrapper issues affecting draw and flavor, so I let it correct itself then recut and this is a tasty smoke. image
    Is that the one you were tell`in me about? Just smoked a lfd double ligero lancero. Soooo goooood
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    SleevePlz:
    They get better with a few months on them
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    SleevePlz:
    definately a favorite of mine, speaking of which, ,i need to order some more asap!
  • BeernfritosBeernfritos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 57
    I had a Cohiba Black. Read a few reviews afterward so I suppose its just me being a newb, but I swear I tasted some kind of fruit. maybe black cherry? Heavy on the coffee for sure though.

Not bad, but I dont think I will be springing for a box.
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    bigfnsteve:
    catfishbluezz:
    Checking out the local hype...RP Maduro of costa rica. Had some wrapper issues affecting draw and flavor, so I let it correct itself then recut and this is a tasty smoke.
    Is that the one you were tell`in me about? Just smoked a lfd double ligero lancero. Soooo goooood
    Yup...it need a couple more days rest, but it is one weird smoke man. Not your typical RP profile and very interesting to say the least. I gifted or traded the last coupel i had but will be getting more soon. I will definately revisit this smoke for sure. I am thinking a smaller vitola might bring out the wrapper a bit more, but the torpedo was great.
  • HaybletHayblet Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,400
    Had an LP 40 which was good and nubbed the crap out of a Cohiba Siglo III while herfin with JimmyV and Spindrift, the Siglo managed to plume up nicely in the 9 months or so that i have possessed it. Thank you Todd for the fantastic smoke.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Beernfritos:
    I had a Cohiba Black. Read a few reviews afterward so I suppose its just me being a newb, but I swear I tasted some kind of fruit. maybe black cherry? Heavy on the coffee for sure though.

I've picked up cherry notes on a few occasions and it's always a thrill when I do. Trust your palate, if it tasted like black cherry to you then that's what it was...if you rely on the reviews of others you'll be forever thinking you missed something.
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    j0z3r:
    Beernfritos:

I've picked up cherry notes on a few occasions and it's always a thrill when I do. Trust your palate, if it tasted like black cherry to you then that's what it was...if you rely on the reviews of others you'll be forever thinking you missed something.
    Chery notes are the #1 reason I love San Cristobal so much.
  • ug danug dan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 375
    Smoked an Origen Original while walking the dog. Got back right before the snow hit too!
    The after interview smoke image
  • bbass2bbass2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,056
    AAA corona to start off the weekend

• JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
  • bluezulubluezulu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 108
    God of Fire DC 2007. It was so bad I almost tossed it. I said almost...I paid 20 bucks for this stick so I was gonna give it some time. I tell you what never again. I love every stick from Arturo Fuenta but this line not worth it.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Today was a La Herencia Cubano Oscuro Fuerte..Rich in espresso and leathery flavors and peppery bite. Love that Pennsylvania Broadleaf and Jalapa combo. Not really as sweet as I thought it would be (which is good). It was a nice cigar that I will smoke again.