Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

NEWBIE TRADING THREAD

Comments

• Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Guess I didn't read the Noob Manual very closely. Missed this bit. Am I supposed to have a sponsor? Is that just a way of referring to the first OG that you do a trade with?
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Moat of the OGs are gone. I think you're fine at this point.
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    Puff_Dougie:
    Guess I didn't read the Noob Manual very closely. Missed this bit. Am I supposed to have a sponsor? Is that just a way of referring to the first OG that you do a trade with?
    You need someone to trade with?
  • dandin1dandin1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 175
    MTuccelli:
    dandin1:
    New guy in need of a sponsor. I think that is my next step here anyway... haha
    I'll sponsor you if you would like

Sounds great, thanks. PM will be sent.
    ^^^^^^^^Destroyed.
    Rain:
    Moat of the OGs are gone. I think you're fine at this point.
    So... did I use "OG" incorrectly? Thought it meant "Old Guy", i.e. forum veteran.

I'm in the middle of a trade with Curt (not that he's an "old guy"), so does that make him my "sponsor"?
    Got my end from bert873. Some premipremiprems. Thank you very much, mine will go out tomorrow.image
    Oh, and how big is your humi?
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Rain:
    25! Say 25!
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    New Boots:
    Rain:
    25! Say 25!
    LOL
    Puff_Dougie:
    The general Idea is to come to this thread and ask for a sponsor for your first trade. This gets you honorable mention on the "Good Traders" thread. But I think you are well underway with your trades already. Right? Just ask Curt to put you on the good traders list when y'all get done trading.
    All I'm going to say is if you have less then a 50 count, you might want to get some Tupperware ready. You're the last target on this bombing run, and I'm going to make it hurt.
  • bert873bert873 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 854
    Rain:
    If this question is directed at me, I think its around a 100-150 count. I know its bad of me to say but I honestly don't remember. Glad my package arrived safely, hope you like them. Still learning what the good/bad cigars are and just went with the brands I have heard of.
    Rain:
    All I'm going to say is if you have less then a 50 count, you might want to get some Tupperware ready. You're the last target on this bombing run, and I'm going to make it hurt.
    GIFSoup
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    bert873:
    Rain:
    If this question is directed at me, I think its around a 100-150 count. I know its bad of me to say but I honestly don't remember. Glad my package arrived safely, hope you like them. Still learning what the good/bad cigars are and just went with the brands I have heard of.
    Ok, I'm gonna step out here on this one.
    Here is my opinion on trades. And take my opinion for what it's worth. Not a damn thing.
    But good and bad cigars.
    If you like a cigar, it is a good cigar.

On a straight up trade.
    If you make a trade with someone, then usually you will work out what they want for what you want before hand.
    So you both should have a pretty good idea of what you are getting and sending.
    That way there is no worrying about if they are "adequate".

On a blind trade.
    This is completely different and both parties are taking a chance on what they get and KNOW THAT.
    So, while it is expected that fairly respectable cigars will be sent [not cheap knock offs or swishers], then that is the chance a person takes.
    Feeling slighted because a person sent respectable, but less than favorable cigars to you on a blind trade, you should be prepared for it.
    If it is a concern, do a straight up trade where you and them know what they are getting.

And then there are bombs.
    If a person feels slighted because you sent them cigars you thought were good, then they shouldn't be bombed. Plain and simple.
    Bombs are gifts and bombs should be received as gifts and should be appreciated, no matter what is sent. Whether it be Puros Indios, Gurkhas or what ever.

Ok, I'll return to my corner now.
    UPS DC 1ZEW96781333758896. Scheduled to land tomorrow.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Got these in a Trade with Puff Dougie
    Thanks Doug ! Yours on their way !
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    Received dandin1 end of our trade today. This trade is a good example of what a trade should be. Daniel asked me what I wanted and I told him to send me what he enjoys smoking. Well Daniel thank you for this selection, the only one I have smoked before is the RyJ. The other 4 are new to me and I look forward to firing these all up

I will be sending out my end tomorrow. Thanks again for allowing me the opportunity to sponsor you, I look forward to trading with you in the future.

• dandin1dandin1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 175
    MTuccelli:
    Received dandin1 end of our trade today. This trade is a good example of what a trade should be. Daniel asked me what I wanted and I told him to send me what he enjoys smoking. Well Daniel thank you for this selection, the only one I have smoked before is the RyJ. The other 4 are new to me and I look forward to firing these all up

I will be sending out my end tomorrow. Thanks again for allowing me the opportunity to sponsor you, I look forward to trading with you in the future.

Glad to see they arrived on time. Hope you enjoy them, and thanks for agreeing to sponsor me.
    curtpick:
    No hurry, Curt. Just glad they got there.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Puff_Dougie:
    curtpick:
    No hurry, Curt. Just glad they got there.
    Delivered On:01/17/2014 3:31 P.M. Delivered To: VALLEY PARK, MO, US Left At:Met Customer Woman
  • bert873bert873 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 854
    package received, and HOLY HELL that was unexpected. I hope I have room for all of them! Thanks again!

imagephoto CC42F811-E01C-4649-A4D5-7B85EB1354C3_zpsqpibjqfh.jpg">

• honorknight7honorknight7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 525
    Another BUMP
    so My son can find it, yes Rain, I remember what happens when you "stray from protocol" here lol
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    honorknight7:
    Another BUMP
    so My son can find it, yes Rain, I remember what happens when you "stray from protocol" here lol
    Steve you need a sponsor?
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 525
    I did a trade with Vance and Richard, and am in the holding pattern for the "bury the hatchet pass", and Rains squad send off, I've gota be on a hold till those are done for next months pay period to arrive, then I can re-up on a few trades if you want
  • flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    I am a complete noob here, I am still trying to figure it all out. I guess I need a sponsor to help me get started. I would be willing to start learning a fair way to trade, it looks very exciting to me.

BTW, I do not smoke Swishers!
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    flowbee:
    I am a complete noob here, I am still trying to figure it all out. I guess I need a sponsor to help me get started. I would be willing to start learning a fair way to trade, it looks very exciting to me. BTW, I do not smoke Swishers!
    what you into youngster?