Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

NEWBIE TRADING THREAD

Comments

• flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    I have found a taste for mild to mediums so far, I like the Fuente chateau sungrown a whole lot and I have taken a liking to partagas smokes. I am looking for an everyday smoke that's not priced too high. I have seen a few peeps mention AJ hand rolled are a decent priced everyday smoke.

I haven't tried a lot of different cigars yet, One of my friends started me wit the ones I mentioned above.
  • ckrddsmkeckrddsmke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 392
    Hi I am a noob on the boards, however, an experienced cigar smoker. I have several boxes, 5vrs and loose cigars in the larger sizes which I would like to sell as I rarely have the time to smoke them. Is this a proper forum and if you could give me some guidelines it would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    ckrddsmke:
    Hi I am a noob on the boards, however, an experienced cigar smoker. I have several boxes, 5vrs and loose cigars in the larger sizes which I would like to sell as I rarely have the time to smoke them. Is this a proper forum and if you could give me some guidelines it would be appreciated. Thanks!
    What do you do for a living?
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    ckrddsmke:
    This particular thread is designed to establish new members as trustworthy members. It's not really for cigar yard sales. I don't have any advice for you except to expect skepticism. What exactly do you have for sale? And how can you prove that you're trustworthy? And I'm not particularly interested anyway. I'm just curious.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Rain:
    ckrddsmke:
    Does he have to turn his head and cough too?
    smoke em if you got em:
    Rain:
    ckrddsmke:
    Does he have to turn his head and cough too?
    Nah, I'm not licensed for that.
    Don't see the relevance, however, if you like I can pm you. Totally non tobacco related.
    Skepticism expected. I had read this was a friendlier forum then most. I will be happy to take a picture of the boxes with today's newspaper and where they are held hostage. Seriously if you like I can pm you more information. I would also appreciate a contact for cigars for the troops and send them something better than yard gars and dog rockets some of the other forums joke about dumping. I had sent a box four years ago to a APO contact I found online, however, they came back after a month.
    Already had that checked thanks! Just noticed where you are I'm next door in Bon Air.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    ckrddsmke:
    Already had that checked thanks! Just noticed where you are I'm next door in Bon Air.
    I take it you are talking to me? And you live in the Richmond area?
    ckrddsmke:
    Skepticism expected. I had read this was a friendlier forum then most. I will be happy to take a picture of the boxes with today's newspaper and where they are held hostage. Seriously if you like I can pm you more information. I would also appreciate a contact for cigars for the troops and send them something better than yard gars and dog rockets some of the other forums joke about dumping. I had sent a box four years ago to a APO contact I found online, however, they came back after a month.
    It is a friendlier place than most. You can understand the suspicion when someone shows up and immediately tries to sell something. If anyone is interested, they'll let you know and you can work out the details. Most people that sell here do it with someone that has been a long standing member or someone that has done some trades and has forum rep. Wish you well in your transaction.Random - KEN!!! Did I use the right than/then? I think so. Then is for time and than is for comparing...right????
    smoke em if you got em:
    ckrddsmke:

I do, right across the river so to speak.
    ckrddsmke:
    smoke em if you got em:
    ckrddsmke:
    I do, right across the river so to speak.
    Cool.
    Rain:
    ckrddsmke:
    It is a friendlier place than most. You can understand the suspicion when someone shows up and immediately tries to sell something. If anyone is interested, they'll let you know and you can work out the details. Most people that sell here do it with someone that has been a long standing member or someone that has done some trades and has forum rep. Wish you well in your transaction.Random - KEN!!! Did I use the right than/then? I think so. Then is for time and than is for comparing...right????

Thanks. It is quite understandable.
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    ckrddsmke:
    Rain:
    ckrddsmke:
    Rain didn't mention in his post but I'm sure he can help you coordinate getting cigars to troops if you'd like.
    Echambers:
    ckrddsmke:
    Rain:
    ckrddsmke:

Rain didn't mention in his post but I'm sure he can help you coordinate getting cigars to troops if you'd like.

I would appreciate that. It would be helpful to have a good contact. The troops certainly deserve a treat. Its a small thank you for all they do.
  • dandin1dandin1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 175
    Received the other end of my first trade with MTuccelli today! Looks like a great selection and I'm excited to give these a shot. Thanks a ton for being my first trading partner, looking forward to doing more trades in the future!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    ckrddsmke:
    Welcome to the forum. Being an experienced cigar smoker, please stick around a while. You will probably really enjoy this place. If you are serious about selling or trading some sticks, post some pics of what you got and what you want. I don't personally go for the larger cigars, but someone might.
    SleevePlz:
    ckrddsmke:

Welcome to the forum. Being an experienced cigar smoker, please stick around a while. You will probably really enjoy this place. If you are serious about selling or trading some sticks, post some pics of what you got and what you want. I don't personally go for the larger cigars, but someone might.

Thanks! I will do so. Also happy to trade though I am bulging at the seams. What is the appropriate place to post here, or start a thread under Trades, Passes and Bombs?
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
  • EoLEoL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 178
    I would love to do a trade :)
    Sign me up!
    EoL:
    Sign me up!
    Really?? I think I can accommodate you and sponsor you:-) :-) :-) :-) let me know what you want...a simple 5 for 5 blind trade:-) :-)
    MVW67:
    EoL:
    Sign me up!
    Really?? I think I can accommodate you and sponsor you:-) :-) :-) :-) let me know what you want...a simple 5 for 5 blind trade:-) :-)
    PM INCOMING!!!
    EoL:
    MVW67:
    EoL:
    Sign me up!
    PM INCOMING!!!
    replied....please be gentle......lol:-)
    MVW67:
    EoL:
    MVW67:
    EoL:
    Sign me up!
    PM INCOMING!!!
    replied....please be gentle......lol:-)
    wait... I feel like. That's reverse.... Um...
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Ummm yeah Mike "welcomed" me to the ccom family too. Love how you get back and immediately bump the newbie thread. Gentle, my butt.
  • MarloweMarlowe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 20
    OK, this must be the place. New to forum (not to cigars): looking to sell excess inventory, or trade if this is more acceptable. I seem to have accumulated an excess of Montecristos (strictly DR) and if a trade is needed, would prefer Illusiones. Assistance greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 525
    Hey Marlowe, welcome to the forums, a bit new myself. Not able to trade ATM, just wanted to say Welcome :)
  • TwoThingismTwoThingism Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 121
    I would like a sponsor as well. I've never traded before, but I would give it a shot.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    TwoThingism:
    I would like a sponsor as well. I've never traded before, but I would give it a shot.
    I got you! YeeHaw! Check your PM.