Home General Discussion

I smoked a good cigar from....

Comments

• VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    seagarlover:
    I was given this LA HERENCIA it was so good i will be buying some of these bad boys Photobucket

Real good smoke. Liked it more with 6 months rest. A little "tough" ROTT but still a good smoke. IMO one of the most unsung sticks from AJ.
  • SmokindaddySmokindaddy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    Illusione MK Ultra from my bigfnbuddy. Thanks again Steve, it's awesome!!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    smoking a JdN Antano Lonesdale from Webmost.
    not sure where you got this guy but the cellophane is yellowed and i cant find this size anywhere online. thanks man. its just what i needed today.
    to be honest, i dont even know if this is the Antano. it has the right color band but it lacks the name "antano" that all the labels have. was there an old band with no name on there?
    i need to look into this
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    kuzi16:
    not sure where you got this guy but the cellophane is yellowed and i cant find this size anywhere online. thanks man. its just what i needed today.
    to be honest, i dont even know if this is the Antano. it has the right color band but it lacks the name "antano" that all the labels have. was there an old band with no name on there?
    i need to look into this
    Could it be the Clasico blend? http://www.joyadenicaragua.com.ni/?page_id=91
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    kuzi16:
    kaspera79:
    Today was a Cain F Lancero from Kuzi.... First Cain for me and this one was very good. I really like this stick in the Lancero shape, too bad they are not offered in regular production in this size. I started to feel the full strength of this one near the end so take it slow, it delivers a kick. Great straight burn with a flavor profile of cedary wood, leather, and earthiness. There were occasions of sweetness too, but these were few and far between. It had a nice spicy kick through the nose which I like. These flavors remained throughout and kept my attention for almost two hours. It did burn slow. Thanks Matt for another fine cigar.
    no problem. its my favorite Cain. got that one right out of the factory aging room.
    they made it just for you.
    Now I feel special !
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:
    kaspera79:
    Today was a Cain F Lancero from Kuzi.... First Cain for me and this one was very good. I really like this stick in the Lancero shape, too bad they are not offered in regular production in this size. I started to feel the full strength of this one near the end so take it slow, it delivers a kick. Great straight burn with a flavor profile of cedary wood, leather, and earthiness. There were occasions of sweetness too, but these were few and far between. It had a nice spicy kick through the nose which I like. These flavors remained throughout and kept my attention for almost two hours. It did burn slow. Thanks Matt for another fine cigar.
    no problem. its my favorite Cain. got that one right out of the factory aging room.
    Now I feel special !
    so special you get to ride the short bus?

but seriously, that is a difficult to find smoke. im glad you got the opportunity to smoke one.
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
    i need to look into this
    nope the classico has a brown base color on the band. this band looks exactly like the antano band just minus the word "antano"
    kuzi16:
    kaspera79:
    kuzi16:
    kaspera79:
    Now I feel special !
    so special you get to ride the short bus?

but seriously, that is a difficult to find smoke. im glad you got the opportunity to smoke one.
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
    i need to look into this
    nope the classico has a brown base color on the band. this band looks exactly like the antano band just minus the word "antano"
    Well you got me. I'm familiar with the Clasico, but not whatever it is you had. Maybe the Antaño didn't always say Antaño...who knows.
    yeah... i still cant find anything on it
    I think maybe I found it? The only thing I can find that's remotely close but doesn't say Antaño. http://www.stogiereview.com/2008/06/09/serie-c-by-joya-de-nicaragua/
    j0z3r:
    I think maybe I found it? The only thing I can find that's remotely close but doesn't say Antaño. http://www.stogiereview.com/2008/06/09/serie-c-by-joya-de-nicaragua/
    nope. it looks like that band but if the entire black part on the bottom was gone. nothing else. ill see if i can get a pic of it up
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    nope. it looks like that band but if the entire black part on the bottom was gone. nothing else. ill see if i can get a pic of it up
    here it is:

that is all that was on there.
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    Well I'm stumped real good then. I can't even find any info about JdN blends beyond the ones I already know. The only thing that makes sense is that it was an earlier band style for the Antaño...which would be consistent with the yellowed cello.
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    Well I'm stumped real good then. I can't even find any info about JdN blends beyond the ones I already know. The only thing that makes sense is that it was an earlier band style...which would be consistent with the yellowed cello.
    thats what i was thinkin too. if it was before the cabinetta or DC came out then all they had in the line was the Antano and the Classico. no need to identify beyond the band color.

it tasted like an Antano.
    of course the size was strange too. it was clearly a lonsdale. it was 44 or 45 x 6.5. it was not a lancero. i have had the Antano lancero. the clebracion comes in a lonndale that is 44 x 6 5/8
    never saw the antano in a lonsdale.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    Well I'm stumped real good then. I can't even find any info about JdN blends beyond the ones I already know. The only thing that makes sense is that it was an earlier band style...which would be consistent with the yellowed cello.
    thats what i was thinkin too. if it was before the cabinetta or DC came out then all they had in the line was the Antano and the Classico. no need to identify beyond the band color.

it tasted like an Antano.
    of course the size was strange too. it was clearly a lonsdale. it was 44 or 45 x 6.5. it was not a lancero. i have had the Antano lancero. the clebracion comes in a lonndale that is 44 x 6 5/8
    never saw the antano in a lonsdale.
    I've seen the Antaño in a few different vitolas in various B&M's. I'm gonna have to poke around and see what I can find. I love the Antaño, but never had one in a small ring vitola
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    " but seriously, that is a difficult to find smoke. im glad you got the opportunity to smoke one. "

Please tell me its the Tubos with the yellow cap. I picked up two out of a close to full box for about 7.50ea.
    Vision:
    " but seriously, that is a difficult to find smoke. im glad you got the opportunity to smoke one. "

Please tell me its the Tubos with the yellow cap. I picked up two out of a close to full box for about 7.50ea.
    the Cain F Lancero is not a general release cigar. this size was only made for special occasions. Certain events, visiting the factory, or special release samplers. they were not made in tubes. just limited availability.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    oh my gosh. SO freakin delicious! Thank you so much ban ban Todd. It's like smoking a stick of butter haha. oh man so good. how long has this been aging? This band looks super old school.
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    Earlier today I had a Donkey Dropping courtesy of The Kid. I've been eyeing it for a while...now I'm wishing I'd have smoked it sooner and got more.
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    Yes another shawn, you really sent stuff i enjoy...thanks again.
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    Padron executive natural I believe, nice and strong compared to my first smoke of the day. Thanks brother! image
    kuzi16:
    Vision:

the Cain F Lancero is not a general release cigar. this size was only made for special occasions. Certain events, visiting the factory, or special release samplers. they were not made in tubes. just limited availability.
    I don't know but I have seen the Cain f lancero in tubo form online recently. They came out earlier this year, didn't pick any up as I am not so much of a fan of the Cain line.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 738
    Yes, they did come in tubos like what Vision is describing. See here for a pic: http://www.acigarsmoker.com/2011/02/01/sneak-peak-cain-f-lancero-tubos/

I'm on the hunt too for a few! I can't find anyplace online with them in stock.
    Thanks balla...image
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    Man do I love illusuiones. Thanks guys.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    A kinky lone star from jgibv, thanks man! Good toasty cedar taste. Not too complex, but had a good kinda spicy finish with a nutmeg taste. Much better than the other kinky I tried (Texas jewboy) great knock around smoke!
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Had my 1st Kristoff Maduro from Big T's PIF. I can see why folks are loving them. One I'll have to revisited some day again. Thanks Big T!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Had an Undercrown from Dusty and Jiunny..very tasty..love the LG taste
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    DPG blue lancero.... I have been going away from DPG and Nicaraguan tobacco as of late, and this one is just smacking me all around. One of the best lancero's I've had
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    catfishbluezz:
    DPG blue lancero.... I have been going away from DPG and Nicaraguan tobacco as of late, and this one is just smacking me all around. One of the best lancero's I've had
    had the MF lanero yet? I think its the... #7. I really liked that one.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    jliu:
    catfishbluezz:
    had the MF lanero yet? I think its the... #7. I really liked that one.
    Yup, it's alot more peppery then this one though. I love MF, but I love them more with age as the pepper subsides and they get creamier. I've been diggin Dominican more lately, so I have to be in the mood for the pepper and I like them dry. This was just excellent tonight and I will buy more as soon as I see a sale.