Home General Discussion

I smoked a good cigar from....

Comments

• RampMonkeyRampMonkey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,808
    Just want to give Mike, AKA MVW67 a "BIG" thanks for sending me a AB Prensado awhile back. I'm no stranger to the AB line but this was my 1st experience with this cigar. I was amazed how good it was! I can see why it was rated a 96! Thanks again Mike for the opportunity :D
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    imageThanks Richard, this thing was impressive!
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    imageimage

Not sure if I had put the My Father up yet but it was great. The El Triunfador was definitely a top 5 of all time Phil. Thank you so much brother!
  • pbchevopbchevo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 712
    SleevePlz:
    pbchevo:
    yesterday i had my first liga no. 9 thank you very much TONY damn was it good
    Good to see you liked it. It's one of my favs. Might have to send some more your way soon. You are still on my short (okay, kinda long) list of people I need to destroy.
    what you talking about list I'm in no ones list....LOL you don't stop huh
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Mike Tucelli. Thanks for showing me my new morning smoke!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Toombes:
    Mike Tucelli. Thanks for showing me my new morning smoke!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    I've heard they are good dangit... Rick and Mike both hit me up, and i like Torano and DC tobacco....damnit
  • stowggiestowggie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 399
    image Damn good gar from catfishbluezz!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    stowggie:
    Ohhhh yes it is!! Nice Fishy
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    dbeckom:
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    I think maybe I found it? The only thing I can find that's remotely close but doesn't say Antaño. http://www.stogiereview.com/2008/06/09/serie-c-by-joya-de-nicaragua/
    nope. it looks like that band but if the entire black part on the bottom was gone. nothing else. ill see if i can get a pic of it up
    Well I'm stumped real good then. I can't even find any info about JdN blends beyond the ones I already know. The only thing that makes sense is that it was an earlier band style...which would be consistent with the yellowed cello.
    thats what i was thinkin too. if it was before the cabinetta or DC came out then all they had in the line was the Antano and the Classico. no need to identify beyond the band color.

it tasted like an Antano.
    of course the size was strange too. it was clearly a lonsdale. it was 44 or 45 x 6.5. it was not a lancero. i have had the Antano lancero. the clebracion comes in a lonndale that is 44 x 6 5/8
    never saw the antano in a lonsdale.
    I've seen the Antaño in a few different vitolas in various B&M's. I'm gonna have to poke around and see what I can find. I love the Antaño, but never had one in a small ring vitola
    Found some of these in the Lancero (7.5 x 38)...pm me for details
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    I'm currently having and loving my first Ramone Bueso Genesis compliments of Bigshizza. Thanks again my friend! I will definitely be getting more of these.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Smoked a cigar that happens to be one of the Daily Specials today.. the La Aurora Preferido Maduro.. Nice leathery taste throughout with a hint of sweetness that gave it good balance. Perfect burn and construction, a cigar that most smokers would enjoy. ( can't please everyone) Thanks Bomber, that was nice.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Fired up an Oliva v Melanio corona this weekend from James, very good - great aging potential too. Thank you!!! And smoked an AJ overrun 5v aaa from mike tonight while I grilled out some pork chops, very good as well, thanks mike!
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    mmccartneydc:
    imageimage

Not sure if I had put the My Father up yet but it was great. The El Triunfador was definitely a top 5 of all time Phil. Thank you so much brother!
    awesome brother, I was hoping you would try those beauties. That mf is a potent little guy, and the tat is a very nice medium smoke. Thanks for posting!
    stowggie:
    Love those t52 and great in the pig format.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    dbeckom:
    dbeckom:
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    kuzi16:
    j0z3r:
    I think maybe I found it? The only thing I can find that's remotely close but doesn't say Antaño. http://www.stogiereview.com/2008/06/09/serie-c-by-joya-de-nicaragua/
    nope. it looks like that band but if the entire black part on the bottom was gone. nothing else. ill see if i can get a pic of it up
    Well I'm stumped real good then. I can't even find any info about JdN blends beyond the ones I already know. The only thing that makes sense is that it was an earlier band style...which would be consistent with the yellowed cello.
    thats what i was thinkin too. if it was before the cabinetta or DC came out then all they had in the line was the Antano and the Classico. no need to identify beyond the band color.

it tasted like an Antano.
    of course the size was strange too. it was clearly a lonsdale. it was 44 or 45 x 6.5. it was not a lancero. i have had the Antano lancero. the clebracion comes in a lonndale that is 44 x 6 5/8
    never saw the antano in a lonsdale.
    I've seen the Antaño in a few different vitolas in various B&M's. I'm gonna have to poke around and see what I can find. I love the Antaño, but never had one in a small ring vitola
    Found some of these in the Lancero (7.5 x 38)...pm me for details
    as awesome as this is, the cigars that you linked me to did not have the same band. that one still has the bottom part on it.
    im about to spark up a LGC serie R from bandyt that has almost 2 years on it. (11-13-10)
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    Smoked an Opus X Lost City toro last night that Greg gave me 10 months ago. Finally felt bad enough to put fire to it. Wonderful cigar. Thank you Greg.
  • robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922
    imageThanks Pete great smoke
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Had my first Illusione MKULTRA from the BOX that RCY sent me. Thoroughly enjoyed it and I am looking forward to posting this 24 more times over the next couple of years. Thanks again Rick! IMAG0314
    Thanks Rudy for this aka respect looks to be a corona Gorda. image
  • VisionVision Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    La Reloba Mexico. Spicy, Sweet, just plain good.
    murcielago, thanks brother.
    La Gloria Cubana..very nice and mild-medium smoke, great construction and burn!! Thanks David, Insomniapb
    smoking an LFD Cameroon cabinet from Joe... thanks man. im gunna have to pick up a few more of these.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    SleevePlz:
    Had my first Illusione MKULTRA from the BOX that RCY sent me. Thoroughly enjoyed it and I am looking forward to posting this 24 more times over the next couple of years. Thanks again Rick! IMAG0314

Glad you like them, it would have been a sham on me if you didn't. :). Enjoy, you earned them....
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 476
    I had my first Camacho PE that was included in a bomb from MVW67. Great cigar. Thanks Mike.
    bigjohn125:
    I had my first Camacho PE that was included in a bomb from MVW67. Great cigar. Thanks Mike.
    Those are very tasty BigFnSteve gave me one. Loved it!!
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    Last night while surveying the humi for a candidate I came across a stick without a band. I had no idea what it was and that kinda bothered me as I usually keep track of my inventory, (especially in this humi) anyway,, so I was like,,Why the hell not and fired her up.. I didnt know if it was an eight dollar smoke or a twenty.. all the while I was smoking I was thinking this is an incredible smoke!! After I was finished, I said to myself, that was one helluva smoke!! maybe the best smoke Ive had all year. So then today I sifted through photos of cigars I recieved and there it was,, It came to me via my pass from Rick.. The cigar was/is an AVO le 07.. Damn fine smoke rick, had a bit of twang to it and the flavor, aroma and retro was amazing.. All around a fantastic smoke!!! Right in my zone!!! Thank You so much for sharing that little slice of heaven with me!!!!
    Over a year on this WMD now thanks brother! image
    Smoked a God of Fire and an Illusione Epernay from BigFer at our Herf this afternoon. John gave me a Curivari that I will spark up very soon! Thanks for the laughs and great company today, very much appreciated!!!