Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    robbyras:
    I take it back... I am changing my guess... Stick B is a Padilla Miami... that extra kick was not present in the AJ Sig... it's gotta be the Padilla Miami...
    Is that your final answer? Haha. Great review and I'm glad you enjoyed it. The stick was a Tatuaje Havana VI.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    well... i've never smoked one before so there you go. I have 3 in the humi, so now I know what to expect! That was a great smoke! Those flavors really got stronger as the smoke went on...

Man... what a good Cigar! I'm officially a Tatuaje fan!
    robbyras:
    well... i've never smoked one before so there you go. I have 3 in the humi, so now I know what to expect! That was a great smoke! Those flavors really got stronger as the smoke went on...

Man... what a good Cigar! I'm officially a Tatuaje fan!
    Really glad you enjoyed it. Your experience with Stick B epitomizes one of the goals of the game: Seeing if you like a cigar without the brand hype.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I had a Havana VI a couple nights ago (in the Angeles size, which is in my humble opinion even better than the robusto). What a fantastic smoke. I think I'm down to 2 of that vitola, but not for too much longer. Time to split a box one of these days.
    TatuajeVI:
    I had a Havana VI a couple nights ago (in the Angeles size, which is in my humble opinion even better than the robusto). What a fantastic smoke. I think I'm down to 2 of that vitola, but not for too much longer. Time to split a box one of these days.
    Never had the Angeles. If you are planning a box split, I may be interested.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    sightunseen:
    TatuajeVI:
    Never had the Angeles. If you are planning a box split, I may be interested.
    Stand down sightunseen!!! I owe Tat some $$$ so I guess I know what I will be calling in an order for today.
    Firing up Stick C right now.... I'll have a review and guess later today... who wants to up next? anyone?
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    I'll give it a shot. pm headed to ya rob
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 628
    Aaah beat me to it.
    want me to send you some? I'll need one when I'm done anyhow. These white owls won't identify themselves;p
    wwestern:
    I'll give it a shot. pm headed to ya rob
    PM Replied...
    OK... Stick C was a Robusto with a clean deep golden brown wrapper... Pre smoke I'd say it's a 5x50 Habano wrapper...
    The draw was perfect, the burn was perfect and the overall smoking experience was well above average for me... I'd give this stick a 90 and call it a great afternoon smoke...

It started out with strong pepper but little else... While I was enjoying the first half inch or so, I wasn't overly impressed... but about an inch in it revealed a lot of character.... the flavors started showing up one at a time... it started with a slight citrus flavor that quickly turned into a much more nutty almost almond tone... this was rather pleasant and last about an inch or so... then we went deeper... i started to get a chocolate flavor that quickly turned to coffee... not heavy by any means, but really nice and smooth... the smoke even seemed to thicken... I was sold at this point... and the last half of the stick didn't disappoint

the only problem was a slight blemish that started to split with about 2.5 inches left, so I had to put her down... but I really didn't want to...

with all this being said, I think this is a stick that I have never smoked before... It reminded me of the Padilla Habano, but this was bigger than that... it had more depth I guess...then I had another thought

I am gonna take a shot in the dark here, is it DPG Serie JJ? I've only had this stick once, but it really reminded me of the flavor pattern...

That's it for me... Huge thanks to sightunseen for making this so much fun and providing me with 3 killer sticks... you set the bar high for me... I can only hope to do the same for wwestern...
    wwestern:
    want me to send you some? I'll need one when I'm done anyhow. These white owls won't identify themselves;p
    I'm down as long as you throw some backwoods in lol.
    Great review, and it makes me want to light one of them up. The cigar was a Casa Fuego by Jesus Fuego. This was my first introduction to his cigars and I was very impressed. I'm looking forward to trying out his entire line soon.

Thanks for playing and I'm glad you enjoyed the selection. I've mentioned this before, but this is pretty much my favorite game on the forums.
    wow... I knew it was probably something I had never smoked... I'm pretty sure I just got one of those in a package from one of the BOTL's on here... can't remember who though...
    I was pretty impressed with that cigar... thanks again! I will be playing again for sure...
    surfingzeeko:
    wwestern:
    I'm down as long as you throw some backwoods in lol.
    so demanding ;(
    so I need to wait to get robs before i send out Zeek's right?
    you can send them out now if you want... I dropped the ball and caused a little waiting period here... but if you get them out to zeek, he can review them while you are reviewing yours... jut to keep things moooooooving

He would post his guesses after you of course...
    robbyras:
    you can send them out now if you want... I dropped the ball and caused a little waiting period here... but if you get them out to zeek, he can review them while you are reviewing yours... jut to keep things moooooooving

He would post his guesses after you of course...
    But of course :)
    Alright rob gonna take a wild guess on this one and say stick C is a padilla obsidian even though I haven't smoked one before it's my only guess judging by the construction and ccom write up on it. Very oily maduro wrapper and medium strength with hints of pepper and a semi sweet after taste. 1hr 55min burn time on this bad boy. Good smoke thanks rob. So now that I've proven my noobness tell me what it is lol.
    Stick B Very light and creamy with lots of sweet flavors right of the bat. Smoking pretty quick but good burn and nice sweet flavor still at the half way. At 2/3rds now and I'm just amazed with the flavors out of this mild stick. Finished up with a burn time of 1hr 5mins stayed cool to the nub even though I was giving it hell. Gonna guess Perdomo champagne 10th anniv. I have one in the humi but if I go get it to compare the warden may wake up and then it's game over lol. If nothing else this stick has changed my thoughts on mild cigars thanks rob!
    damn dude are you doing them all right after another? baller
    surfingzeeko:
    damn dude are you doing them all right after another? baller
    Finally got some days off from work so Ima stay up and do these while I enjoy a few beers lol. I'll get yours out tomorrow zeek I promise. I may even throw in something to make it worth the wait.
    wwestern:
    Alright rob gonna take a wild guess on this one and say stick C is a padilla obsidian even though I haven't smoked one before it's my only guess judging by the construction and ccom write up on it. Very oily maduro wrapper and medium strength with hints of pepper and a semi sweet after taste. 1hr 55min burn time on this bad boy. Good smoke thanks rob. So now that I've proven my noobness tell me what it is lol.
    Stick C was a Bahia Maduro... I threw this one in because I was pretty impressed with it... all things considered, including cost per stick, it's a pretty nice smoke... I hope you enjoyed it...
    wwestern:
    Stick B Very light and creamy with lots of sweet flavors right of the bat. Smoking pretty quick but good burn and nice sweet flavor still at the half way. At 2/3rds now and I'm just amazed with the flavors out of this mild stick. Finished up with a burn time of 1hr 5mins stayed cool to the nub even though I was giving it hell. Gonna guess Perdomo champagne 10th anniv. I have one in the humi but if I go get it to compare the warden may wake up and then it's game over lol. If nothing else this stick has changed my thoughts on mild cigars thanks rob!
    Stick B was one of my favorites... AJ Fernandez Signature... LOVE THAT STICK!
    robbyras:
    wwestern:
    Stick C was a Bahia Maduro... I threw this one in because I was pretty impressed with it... all things considered, including cost per stick, it's a pretty nice smoke... I hope you enjoyed it...
    It was pretty good great constuction good burn flavors were pretty good only flaw for me was there was sooooo much oil on the wrapper I think it may have muddled the flavors a bit or at least distracted from them.
    Yeah I was happily surprised with those Bahia's...not a bad smoke at all.
    robbyras:
    wwestern:
    Stick B was one of my favorites... AJ Fernandez Signature... LOVE THAT STICK!
    K I'm blaming the worst guess in mystery stick history on smoking them back to back lol. All I know is whatever it was I want to get some more.
    it's only the worst guess in mystery stick history SO FAR...that will all change soon lol
    Firing stick A .... Very firm cigar with nice construction pre light draw is very tight. Try to masage it out and still tight draw clipped even a bit past the cap still tight on the draw. Tried to poke it with a paper clip and nada. All i can get is bitterness just trying to get smoke so you're just gonna have to tell me what it is bro :( But my guess on stick D rob sent is ccom brazil label churchill I'm going to enjoy:)
    Stick A was a stinker? I'm sorry man... I had a couple in my Humi so I don't know if I sent you one that had some time on it or one I just recently go in a package... anyway... Stick A was AB 97 Harvest Selection... too bad it was a stinker