Home Non Cigar Related

Why your handle/username?

Comments

• WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    Ummm.. see... my first name is Walt. Last name is Basil.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    New Boots:
    Well, about 15yrs ago when I started using my first internet "handle"...it was the "leet" alphanumeric type. I still use it some places, but it didnt seem like a good fit here.

I decided to use "New Boots" because that's a term I use to refer to the new guys around work. So, me being new to Cigars...it seemed a good fit.
    And here I thought it was a fashion statement. "These boots were made for walkin' ".....
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    New Boots:
    Well, about 15yrs ago when I started using my first internet "handle"...it was the "leet" alphanumeric type. I still use it some places, but it didnt seem like a good fit here.

I decided to use "New Boots" because that's a term I use to refer to the new guys around work. So, me being new to Cigars...it seemed a good fit.
    That's a lot nicer then what we call new guys ;)"Yeah, just take your leave from to the Brigade Commander."
  • RedRex06RedRex06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 155
    Rain:
    New Boots:

That's a lot nicer then what we call new guys ;)"Yeah, just take your leave from to the Brigade Commander."
    aaaaahhhh you're THOSE guys! I'll see your leave form and raise you "an A1C sending an email to the wing commander without going through anyone's chain of command" and "nuked all information on Group Commander's Secret computer because his helper dude gave an A1C the go ahead after he assured said A1C it was OK for said computer to get a new operating system put on it"
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    I play cod blackops 2 and my name on there is Thanatos2003. In Greek mythology thanatos is the god of death. What i'm basically saying is "i'm the god of death" in cod black ops 2 and you're going to die if you run into me. 0320 is my birthdate
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    Mine is very complicated so I'll try and keep it simple… I LIVE in Pennsylvania and am planning to RETIRE in New Hampshire. Questions??... Anyone?... Anyone?... Bueller?
    PAtoNH:
    Mine is very complicated so I'll try and keep it simple… I LIVE in Pennsylvania and am planning to RETIRE in New Hampshire. Questions??... Anyone?... Anyone?... Bueller?
    Hmm.. well, when you say New Hampshire, is that set in stone? I mean, have you considered the old Hampshire? I'm sure they'd love to have you. Was there an incident that makes you consider only one Hampshire in your search? Don't you think its rude to everyone else if you up and go take up their space in this 'New Hampshire" area?
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    RedRex06:
    PAtoNH:
    Hmm.. well, when you say New Hampshire, is that set in stone? I mean, have you considered the old Hampshire? I'm sure they'd love to have you. Was there an incident that makes you consider only one Hampshire in your search? Don't you think its rude to everyone else if you up and go take up their space in this 'New Hampshire" area?
    It is, it's set in Granite. That said, I haven't even considered the other Hampshires? Should I? Will the other Hampshires be jealous?… let down?… upset with my lack of foresight? I have been called "rude" before, insensitive too… maybe you're onto something here. I may have to re-think this whole username concept.
    PAtoNH:
    It is, it's set in Granite. That said, I haven't even considered the other Hampshires? Should I? Will the other Hampshires be jealous?… let down?… upset with my lack of foresight? I have been called "rude" before, insensitive too… maybe you're onto something here. I may have to re-think this whole username concept.

All I ask is that you think of the CHILDREN!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Thanatos0320:
    I play cod blackops 2 and my name on there is Thanatos2003. In Greek mythology thanatos is the god of death. What i'm basically saying is "i'm the god of death" in cod black ops 2 and you're going to die if you run into me. 0320 is my birthdate
    Cool. I asked about this in the Newb Welcome Thread. Shoulda thought to look here first. :^)
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    Puff_Dougie:
    Thanatos0320:
    Cool. I asked about this in the Newb Welcome Thread. Shoulda thought to look here first. :^)
    Another thing behind my name is that I am greek and wanted something greek.
    Thanatos0320:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Thanatos0320:
    Another thing behind my name is that I am greek and wanted something greek.
    OPA!!!
  • New BootsNew Boots Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,634
    Rain:
    New Boots:

OK...this is the PC version of what we call them.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    bumpity bump bump
  • TwoThingismTwoThingism Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 121
  • samsroommatesamsroommate Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
    well, I am Sams roommate......
    samsroommate:
    well, I am Sams roommate......
    Bazinga!!
  • Medic45Medic45 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,886
    mine came from well Im a medic and 45 is the last numbers of my license. therefore medic45.. and the avatar is from well of course Duck Dynasty's SI... :)
  • ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 486
    Its been my Xbox and PS4 username. dont know why i ever chose it in the first place though
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    My dad named me Robert and I am a firefighter. Avitar, because they are awesome. BEAR DOWN!!
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
  • avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
    First car I bought as my own was a 96 Dodge Avenger. Spent way too much money on the car but loved to drive the crap out of it. Back then I joined a car club forum and the recommended name was Avengethis. I've kept it for probably too long but I dont see changing it anytime soon.
  • AshMeAshMe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 336
    Since I started smoking, I have never had a person to smoke with, its always been solo. And when you're solo on a deserted Island (think "Cast Away"), you start talking to things. So, I spoke to my cigar, and the first thing he ever said to me was, "Ash Me!" So, I did. The avatar, well, I am still alone and it felt comforting to have my ash tray wink and smile at me.
  • The3StogiesThe3Stogies Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,608
    Three Stooges fan, Curly and Shemp only though.
  • Beaker38Beaker38 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 184
    The name Beaker Was given to me at the fire house like on the first day or second i was there. one of the members walked into the room and said "ha you kinda look like beaker (from the Muppets)" it has been my name at the fire house ever since. the name Bunson was given to my brother shortly after that.

The 38 is for the number on one of the newer and one of my favorite trucks at the fire house. here is a photo of it at the first fire i ever went to back in 2009. i believe that might be me moving hose in the orange helmet. image
  • matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    Mine is my initials and my Sigma Nu Kappa Nu Chapter initiation number, 293
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    Mine is a name that was given to me in a Lakota Warriors Welcome Home ceremony.The ceremony is very old and was given to warriors returning from war to help them make the shift from a war fighting warrior to become a peaceful warrior. Akcita Tokala is the Lakota translation.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 868
    Last name, first name, area code. Cleveland 216 bruh!
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    Nickname and BDay
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    At one time I wanted to start an online magazine about "big people" fashion because I'm tired of paying fat tax on clothes and being limited to shirts with wild game or hunting dogs on them and I called it BignBalln but it was a lot more work than I anticipated so it never took off. Much like most of my ideas lol