Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Fresh out of the tool bag we have DUUUTTYYY!
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    dutyje:
    I'm drinking a big fat glass of PTFTW!

Although, Rob's making me think about switching over to rum :)
    Zacapa is amazing stuff. If you haven't had it, I'd seriously recommend it. Goes great with a nice cigar. My favorite is a good cognac, but rum and scotch are battling for a very close second.
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Rob1110:
    dutyje:
    I'm drinking a big fat glass of PTFTW!

Although, Rob's making me think about switching over to rum :)
    Zacapa is amazing stuff. If you haven't had it, I'd seriously recommend it. Goes great with a nice cigar. My favorite is a good cognac, but rum and scotch are battling for a very close second.
    Thanks for the recommendation, Rob.. I will pick that up after I drain my bottle of Pyrat XO. Have you tried English Harbour? That's another one on my list. I'm pretty new to sipping rum, so I've got a pretty long list.

Have you had Pyrat XO? How did you feel it compared to the Zacapa? Also, have you tried any on the following list? If so, what are your thoughts of those?

Zaya
    Cruzan Single Barrel
    Appleton Extra
    Vizcaya VXOP
    Mount Gay Extra Old
    Rhum Barbancourt 15 Yr
    Angostura 1824
    Santa Teresa 1796
    Jack Tar Superior
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    tonight i had a few glasses of Macinaw trail winery cabernet sauvingnon. damn good wine.

dinner wasnt anything special, just black beans and rice with some blackened chicken.
  • StoogeeStoogee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    I have had the pyrat XO. It is good and very smooth but it is a bit to sweet in my opinion. I think for the price though it is probably about the best quality rum in that range but personally I would rather spend another 10 bucks and get the Ron Zacapa.
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    I'm up to 4 cups of dark roasted coffee from a local roasting co. K.C. Coffee. Fantastic stuff.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    dutyje:
    Thanks for the recommendation, Rob.. I will pick that up after I drain my bottle of Pyrat XO. Have you tried English Harbour? That's another one on my list. I'm pretty new to sipping rum, so I've got a pretty long list.

Have you had Pyrat XO? How did you feel it compared to the Zacapa? Also, have you tried any on the following list? If so, what are your thoughts of those?

Zaya
    Cruzan Single Barrel
    Appleton Extra
    Vizcaya VXOP
    Mount Gay Extra Old
    Rhum Barbancourt 15 Yr
    Angostura 1824
    Santa Teresa 1796
    Jack Tar Superior

I haven't tried the English Harbour. I tried the Pyrat XO and thought it was good, but zacapa was smoother and more full bodied. I've had the Mount Gay and remember liking it, but it was a while back. I also tried Pampero on a recommendation of a friend and found it didn't compare with zacapa. The only rum I've found to compare to it is the Goslings Family reserve, but it's pricey. I'll have to try some of those others.

Here's the best review I've found of Zacapa: Scottie's Rum Page
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Well look at me all growed up... I'm just finishing up on these forums and NOW I'm gonna start drinking my Miller Lite's...

Which one of the steps involves restraint? I don't pay any attention to the hippy that runs my meetings
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Proud of you, Lassy. At this stage in my life, a beer at 10 or 11 at night is considered night-night juice and I out about 10 min later. I gots to drink my beer early in the day/evening.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    A couple of Shiner Bocks with dinner. They were very bocky.
    kuzi16:
    tonight i had a few glasses of Macinaw trail winery cabernet sauvingnon. damn good wine.
    the wife and I finnished off the bottle. still great. I miss it now that its gone.
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    the wife and I finnished off the bottle. still great. I miss it now that its gone.
    Finnished it, eh? I'm not much of a wine drinker. It'll be a cold day in Helsinki before my wife and I share a bottle of that.
    dutyje:
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    Finnished it, eh? I'm not much of a wine drinker. It'll be a cold day in Helsinki before my wife and I share a bottle of that.
    this was two different sittings... a few days appart. we do like wine but find little time to enjoy it given our scheduals.
    MILLER LITE!!!!
    Lasabar:
    MILLER LITE!!!!
    God... Do I have a problem????
  • sanesane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 151
    I had the Oliva Serie O with a Mirror Pond Pale Ale, and I would recommend this combo. The Pale Ale seem to clear the palate and didn't seem to overwhelm the taste of the cigar at all.
    Lasabar:
    Lasabar:
    MILLER LITE!!!!
    Not unless they go out of business.
    urbino:
    Lasabar:
    Lasabar:
    MILLER LITE!!!!
    Not unless they go out of business.
    Oh god... Seriously... I'm tearing up right now... That's F'in FUNNY!

Thank you... I needed that
    kuzi16:
    dutyje:
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    this was two different sittings... a few days appart. we do like wine but find little time to enjoy it given our scheduals.
    I was just commenting on your spelling (Finnish -- Finland -- Helsinki)... ah, well
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    dutyje:
    kuzi16:
    dutyje:
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    I was just commenting on your spelling (Finnish -- Finland -- Helsinki)... ah, well
    I got it Doody, very clever.
    Magic hat No. 9

i cant stay away from it.

i never thought i would like a fruited beer.
    Luko:
    MGD...lots.
    I'm in trouble... I haven't had a Miller Lite in like three days...

now I'm on my way to a Wedding and I don't know if my Liver understands that yet... It may just up and walk out on me!
    I had Sierra Nevada Porter last night. In quantity. I think I remember it being pretty good.
  • These Filthy HandsThese Filthy Hands Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 455
    Lasabar:
    Luko:
    MGD...lots.
    I'm in trouble... I haven't had a Miller Lite in like three days...

now I'm on my way to a Wedding and I don't know if my Liver understands that yet... It may just up and walk out on me!
    If it hasn't by now, I don't think it will.
  • LCarLCar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 57

kuzi16:
    Magic hat No. 9

i cant stay away from it.

i never thought i would like a fruited beer.

Hahaha, thats my favorite beer. Good call.

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Last night I went to see a concert at a little bar near the beach. Started off with a couple Newcastles...it's decent enough I suppose, and then had my favorite drink, Gin and Tonic. Tried it this time with Bombay original Dry Gin...I thought it was pretty good.

Oh, and TSOL, they were none too shabby either.
    tonight i will be drinkin vanilla java porter by atwater brewery. its a lot vanilla, a bit coffee, and a bunch of goooooood.
    Well, I've been watching enough football lately to see those Budweiser American Ale commercials, and while I was at the grocery yesterday, I decided to pick up a six of these things. Tonight, I broke out my first one. Going into it, I expected to this to taste just like one of the plethora of pretentious micro-brews, which load up on hops instead of crafting for flavor. I'm not a huge fan of over-hoppy beers, and while I used to be a huge beer snob, I realized that most of the brews just plain weren't worth it.

Back to the subject at hand... this beer tasted like a huge macro-brew trying to create the uniqueness, flavor, and experience of a micro-brew. Yes, I know that's what it is... but I was hoping for something unique. This wasn't overly hoppy, which was nice. But it wasn't anything else, either. In fact, the flavor of this is closer to a micro-brewed lager than an ale. I'm not saying it is bad, it's actually decent... and I don't recall what it costs... but the most interesting part of it is that it's so uninteresting.
    Today I had some spatzenlager (???), a german amber all that was deeeelicious.

I've also been wanting to try this English brew, Old Speckled Hen. It's a pale ale that's been brewed since like 1711 or something. Stopped by the Beer Cave on the way home and picked up a six pack ($19.95). Good, but definitely not worth that.