Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I have Yuengling in the fridge at this very moment.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I have Yuengling Black & Tan.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    madurofan:
    Could be worse you could live in OK where anythign over 3.2% is only available in liquor stores, WARM!
    True but believe we just had our limit raised here.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    I drink so much Ying-ying on tap around here, I'm tired of it.
    I would too if I was from there too. Y'all have had it for over 200 years.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Oh I wish we had Ying Ling here! I love it!

I had a guiness poured into a glass out of a can!

Followed by a Balvenie 12 double casked on the rocks (just finishing it)

YUM on both fronts!
    That is my favorite Scotch, flush.

Some more Shiner Bocks for me.
    urbino:
    That is my favorite Scotch, flush.

Some more Shiner Bocks for me.
    Nothing wrong with a shiner. I'm looking forwared to some more Abita when I get back to New Orleans.
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Tonight I went to the liquor store to search out a new rum to replace the Pyrat XO. On Rob's recommendation, I asked about the Ron Zacapa Centenario, but they don't have it. They did say that they will get it in before the end of the year, and the long delay is apparently because they are going through a new distributor or something.

Sooo.. I picked up a bottle of Zaya Gran Reserva.... Sweet Jesus this rum is amazing! The flavor is incredible, although perhaps a bit sweet fo a seasoned rum drinker (which I am not). Lots of vanilla to it, and a richer, darker flavor without the sharp finish. If I spilled this on the floor of a public bathroom, I would lick it up.

In other news, Lassy had some Miller Lite.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    dutyje:
    Tonight I went to the liquor store to search out a new rum to replace the Pyrat XO. On Rob's recommendation, I asked about the Ron Zacapa Centenario, but they don't have it. They did say that they will get it in before the end of the year, and the long delay is apparently because they are going through a new distributor or something.

Sooo.. I picked up a bottle of Zaya Gran Reserva.... Sweet Jesus this rum is amazing! The flavor is incredible, although perhaps a bit sweet fo a seasoned rum drinker (which I am not). Lots of vanilla to it, and a richer, darker flavor without the sharp finish. If I spilled this on the floor of a public bathroom, I would lick it up.

Tha sounds like some good rum.. Quess what I am going to go buy tomorrow ? I was at a wedding tonight and had a few, well, more than a few Rum and Cokes.. I'll see if this Rum needs any friend in the glass, except the ice of course.
    dutyje:
    Lassy:Miller Lite::Homer Simpson:Duff
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    urbino:
    dutyje:
    Lassy:Miller Lite::Homer Simpson:Duff
    HEY! I resemble that statement!
    At least I didn't say Barney.
    kaspera79:
    I'll see if this Rum needs any friend in the glass, except the ice of course.
    Didn't even need ice. It was a cool night, so I got the fire going and drank the rum neat. For some reason, straight liquor on the rocks repulses me (particularly bourbon), but I can sip it neat much easier. For most people, it's the other way around.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    dutyje:
    kaspera79:
    I'll see if this Rum needs any friend in the glass, except the ice of course.
    Didn't even need ice. It was a cool night, so I got the fire going and drank the rum neat. For some reason, straight liquor on the rocks repulses me (particularly bourbon), but I can sip it neat much easier. For most people, it's the other way around.

Yeah, i likes me liquor on the rocks. The only stuff I drink without mixing is bourbon or whiskey. Otherwise, I'm pretty much drinking beer or red wine.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    sorry they didn't have any in dutyje, I saw my local shop just got a few bottles and it got me all fired up. I've heard great things about the Zaya and that it's right up there with the zacapa. I'm gonna have to hunt around for that before I go for another bottle of zacapa. Thanks!

While I was at the liquor store, I picked up a bottle of Maker's Mark for a party. Between myself, a few other people and the fire (I used a little to get the fire started and some more to breathe fire for entertainment), we polished off the bottle.
    Premium World beer cup American Lager....

(miller lite)
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Lasabar:

(miller lite)

I bet you kick it with the Commish a lot don't ya? haha You've got to at least be the Secretary of the "More Taste League"!
    PuroFreak:
    Lasabar:

(miller lite)

I bet you kick it with the Commish a lot don't ya? haha You've got to at least be the Secretary of the "More Taste League"!
    Ummmm... with the upcoming election I am not at liberty to discuss my affiliation with any "Commish" or nor can I divulge any information with my status within the ranks of the "More Taste League"

and no... I don't know the guy from "Scrubs"
    I've been drinking American Ale most of the weekend. Ol' Bud is impressing me here later, first was there Bourban Cask Ale out last winter which was pretty damn good then came the American Ale which is equally good. I wouldn't call either of these a favorite but for the price they could be regulars.
    I had my first Yuengling B&T this past weekend. Not bad at all. I had to go to Alabama to get it but it was good.
    I'm quite found of the yuengling B&T. I wish they would make just the B I'm curious about it.
    madurofan:
    I'm quite found of the yuengling B&T. I wish they would make just the B I'm curious about it.
    For some reason, I thought they did. I must just be remembering the Black & Tan.
    I just read their website ... apparently the use their dark brewed porter as the lack. Interesting. I'm going to t have to revisit their porter.
    I remember seeing the porter on the bottle of the B&T.
    Walked into Total Wine last night and bought a bottle of Moscato D'Asti(the wife doesn't like champagne but loves this and its bubbly so ..) to celebrate our anniversary! Figured since I was there I'd peruse the beer section, and the guy working introduced me to the singles section and handed me six pack holder.

I walked out with a Yuengling Porter, Yuengling B&T, A Pumpkin Ale from Dogfish(I think), A Brooklyn Brewery Black chocolate Stout(10% ABV, have that OK), An Oatmeal Stout and something else I can't remember right now.
    Bad Andy:
    I remember seeing the porter on the bottle of the B&T.
    Usually the B in B&T is a stout not a porter.
    Happy Anniversary, Maddy... that reminds me mine is coming up as well. Hmmm.. oh crap.. Thursday!

I love places that let you build your own six pack of singles. I haven't found one around here. I think that's part of why I try a lot fewer new beers these days.
    Thanks duty, it was actually our first. Don't forget the anniversary! Do we need to remind you on thursday?

You guys should have a Total Wine around there somewhere, its a national chain. Building the six pack works out to be fairly expensive but its worth it from time to time.