Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    dutyje:
    the most interesting part of it is that it's so uninteresting.
    Heh. Sounds like a Bud product, alright.

I picked up some Yuengling Lager, yesterday. May try one tonight. Or not.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
  • BigDan.BigDan. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 211
  • LCarLCar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 57

I think I am going to have some McEwan's Scotch Ale tonight, it is calling me from the fridge. Now, what to smoke...always a tough decision.

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Lasabar:
    MILLER LITE!
    Got any New news Lassy ?
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    OK I had to share this with you guys. As most of you know I'm in Oklahoma for a couple weeks for work. WELL, apparently there is a law here that any beer over 3.2% can only be sold in liquor stores and must be sold warm. They can only refridgerate 3.2% beer!!!! ALSO the only alcohol thye are allowed to sell on Sundays is 3.2% beer. And it gets better, if a restaraunt wants to sell beer higher than 3.2% they must have a full liquor license. Apparently this isn't an easy thing to get bc most of the restaraunts in this BFE town I'm in don't have one. Needless to say I've been drinking CRAP, if anything at all. The new Budweiser American Ale(which isn't normally too bad) in this state is a 3.2% flavorless beer. OH did I also mention this 3.2% law applies to wine as well, so no wine in restaraunts either. Get me home.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    last night the wife and i had a few glasses of Inniskillin Gamay Noir vintage 2006. Inniskillin is one of my favorite wineries. the wine they are famous for is their Ice wine. if you livein the easterh half of the US you may have seen it in the desert section of a very high end restaurant/bar/grill.
    their Gamay Noir was good but a bit on the flat side. yes there were notes of cherry and strawberry but the tannins, IMHO, were a bit on the mild side, and this made the wine seem a little flat. I still call it a good wine because of the delicate sweetness that the finish provides. i found this to be the best part of the wine.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    That reminds me Kuz, I need to pick up some late harvest or ice wine.
    Inniskillin ice wine is great.... so is its price. If you feel that $75 for a bottle is worth it then go for it. you wont be let down. If not, there are tons of other options out there.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    $75 is a bit pricey for a bottle of ice wine. Especially since most ice wines come in such small bottles. The only booze I've spent a lot on (over $100) is Cognac and Scotch. I'll look around a bit.
    kaspera79:
    Lasabar:
    MILLER LITE!
    Got any New news Lassy ?
    Ummmm... also water that day too...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I went out to dinner with a friend in San Diego tonight. Best damn Fish 'n' Chips I've ever had. Oh, and I was drinking a local brew, some Yellow Tail Pale Ale. I like this one, I think it has a good balance of flavor and body. Though I'm no beer connoisseur by any means, this one strikes my fancy and I always say go with what you like.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    Crown and Sprite...classic combo. But no cigar last night. I just read a book after wifey fell asleep on the couch at 8pm. Man...I'm getting old AND boring.
  • dep691dep691 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311

madurofan:
    OK I had to share this with you guys. As most of you know I'm in Oklahoma for a couple weeks for work. WELL, apparently there is a law here that any beer over 3.2% can only be sold in liquor stores and must be sold warm. They can only refridgerate 3.2% beer!!!! ALSO the only alcohol thye are allowed to sell on Sundays is 3.2% beer. And it gets better, if a restaraunt wants to sell beer higher than 3.2% they must have a full liquor license. Apparently this isn't an easy thing to get bc most of the restaraunts in this BFE town I'm in don't have one. Needless to say I've been drinking CRAP, if anything at all. The new Budweiser American Ale(which isn't normally too bad) in this state is a 3.2% flavorless beer. OH did I also mention this 3.2% law applies to wine as well, so no wine in restaraunts either. Get me home.

LOL, My wifes family has a ranch in Oklahoma, whenever we go there we have to stop and load up on beer before leaving Texas.

good ole yuengling...while im watching my Gators winning
    I've got some of those in the fridge. Think I'll try one. (Yuengling, that is. Not gators.)
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    had a couple of sam adams..an irish red (good) and a honey porter (not good).
    hmmm... i liked the honey porter.

different strokes.
    This Yuengling Lager is good beer.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    kuzi16:
    hmmm... i liked the honey porter.

different strokes.

Let's just put it this way, it's not that it's not good, it's just that I like the other SAs I've had better. I more of a fan of really hoppy beer, nothing too sweet, fruity, etc.
    urbino:
    I've got some of those in the fridge. Think I'll try one. (Yuengling, that is. Not gators.)
    It was enjoyable to watch my Gators kickass and drink a good beer. I did change up though, I had a local beer from Sweetwater Brewery, Sweetwater Blue, very good beer. If you are ever in Atlanta or in GA you can find it easily but I'm not sure how far it has gotten out of the state.

Gatortail is not actually bad, Urbi. It taste like chicken, sweet chicken...imagine that.
    Hmmmm... just had a weekend up north by Michigan's Upper Penninsula... guess me and the lil' lady went through about 72 beers... of miller lite...

Went out to the bar last night... and yes, had some MILLER LITE!
    Lasabar:
    Hmmmm... just had a weekend up north by Michigan's Upper Penninsula... guess me and the lil' lady went through about 72 beers... of miller lite...

Went out to the bar last night... and yes, had some MILLER LITE!
    Will you please stop posting in this thread. Your see through "beer" is making my beer all self conscious. Its wondering if it'll be discriminated against for its darker pigmentation.
    freakin' beer snobs

you beeracist
    Bad Andy:
    freakin' beer snobs

you beeracist
    Thats the jealousy talking ... You wish you could be a beer snob like me ..
    madurofan:
    Bad Andy:
    freakin' beer snobs

you beeracist
    Thats the jealousy talking ... You wish you could be a beer snob like me ..
    The only thing I am jealous about is that you can go to local sto' and buy Yuengling...I gotta get it bootlegged.
    Speaking of drink...who is the canuck on here?

I need some Crown Royal Limited Edition.
    I can indeed get any Yuengling product from any store :).

Laker is the Canuck, you could probably arrange somethign with him he's an excellent BOTL.
    The only time I can get Yuengling is when my mom comes from NC, my sister going to Auburn game or if I actually go to any state that surrounds the state of GA. We are the only one that doesn't have it. Basstards
    Could be worse you could live in OK where anythign over 3.2% is only available in liquor stores, WARM!