Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    Luko:
    Jetmech_63:
    dutyje:
    Schlitz tonight. How's that for sophistication, Luko?

I got some PBR in the fridge :)
    PBR? They're still making that? I'm not a Schlitz fan, but I can appreciate where you're coming from. I bought a case of Harp today. Not sure why, it just looked up at me and said, buy me. If I've ever had a Harp, it's been in a bar and I can't remember if I liked it or not. I can't remember who I took home or didn't take home that night either, but I'm sure she was hot.
    I call BS on that...you know what beer you had.lol
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947

Didn't they go back to the original PBR recipe thought i heard that somewhere

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Beats me, call me a lil' trailer park but i love the stuff!!
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    I'm pretty sure there's no recipe for PBR. It's just kinda whatever happened to ferment in that particular barrel.
    Sticking with the beer theme-Miller Lite
    Yesterday is was Harp Larger, Bass Ale and Jameson.
    Makers Mark/Sierra Mist
    Had a bottle of 1221 Cab with a new york strip tonight, Great cabernet! Thats like the only upside to living in California, killer wine, uber-cheap.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Vodka Martinis suck. Vermouth and Vodka with an olive, I should've known I wouldn't like them but I had to try it. Tasted like rubbing alcohol with a hint of sweat.
    madurofan:
    Vodka Martinis suck. Vermouth and Vodka with an olive, I should've known I wouldn't like them but I had to try it. Tasted like rubbing alcohol with a hint of sweat.

Try a shot of Vanilla Vodka, Shot of Creme de cacao, Shot of Coconut rum and a shot of Irish creme. Into the shaker with some ice and put that in a martini glass. Tastes like youre drinking a mounds bar!
    Jetmech_63:
    madurofan:

Try a shot of Vanilla Vodka, Shot of Creme de cacao, Shot of Coconut rum and a shot of Irish creme. Into the shaker with some ice and put that in a martini glass. Tastes like youre drinking a mounds bar!
    Now that sounds good.
  • dep691dep691 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    Oh about a bottle of Jack and a liter of coke.
    Miller lite again.....need to expand my horizons
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    gmill880:

You heard that about Schlitz, not PBR. It was all part of a big marketing campaign last year. Of course, they actually reverted back to the original recipe in the 80's after that debacle with the cheapened recipe, but their reputation had already been ruined. So now they've got a marketing campaign and are pretending to have re-discovered the recipe that helped them rise to prominence.
    dutyje:
    gmill880:

You heard that about Schlitz, not PBR. It was all part of a big marketing campaign last year. Of course, they actually reverted back to the original recipe in the 80's after that debacle with the cheapened recipe, but their reputation had already been ruined. So now they've got a marketing campaign and are pretending to have re-discovered the recipe that helped them rise to prominence.
    I sill haven't seen Schlitz in a store around here. At least the non-Malt Liquer version.
    It's very hard to find. Hard enough that wherever I go to buy it, I end up being known as "The Schlitz Guy." I have, over the years, gotten 4 bars to carry Schlitz, specifically for me. I've also got the contact info for a distributor who said he would deliver Schlitz directly to my house. If I were to go out to buy Schlitz this afternoon, I only know of 2 non-bars around here that I could reasonably expect to find it in stock. However, they would likely only have a few 12-packs on hand, and I would buy up all they had.
    Is it that good or are you just that loyal?
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I think when I get off work tonight I'm going to crack open a couple Dos Equis and relax. I might have a smoke if I'm not too tired. might try my first 5 Vegas... not sure yet...
    madurofan:
    Is it that good or are you just that loyal?
    A little bit of both. If everything cost exactly the same, I wouldn't drink Schlitz as much as I do, but I would drink it often. It's like the 5 Vegas of beer. It is leaps and bounds ahead of other beers in its class, IMO (basic American-style lager).
  • StoogeeStoogee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    If I am drinking an american style lager it is pretty much PBR I think it is as good or better then Budwiser,bud light, coors,coors light, MGD, Miller Lite and pretty much anything similar to those and for 11.99 a 30 pack it is definately my go to beer when I want to drink more then a couple beers. But If I want to have a beer with taste it is pretty much one of the following Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Guiness, Boulder Beer Company Hazed and Infused, Sam Adams Black Lager, A beer called Hop Devil but cant remember the maker, and wehn I want a refreshing light wheat beer on a hot summer day it is Sam adams White Ale or blue moon.
    had a couple of yeungs before watching Pitt bball team trounce the competition.
    Has anyone tried the American Ale by Bud. Not too shabby...
    I've had it Andy. My review of it is basically, "the most interesting thing about this beer is how remarkably uninteresting it is." That makes it sound like I didn't like it, but I thought it was very good. It is totally lacking in any unique character, but it is as accurate a representation of a basic American Ale as you will find anywhere. Certainly a well-named beer :)
    compared to the usual watered down beers that are out there now its different but I do see your point to an extent
    I agree with that, but we're also comparing an ale to a pile of lagers, which will inherently be different. There are times when I'm in the mood for a lager (like after exerting myself in the heat). But the American Ale doesn't have the watered-down taste of the standard american lager. It's good. I've still got one in the fridge. Maybe I'll have it tonight.
    I love the American Ale. I disagree that its uninteresting. Is it complex? No not really but it has a wonderful flavor and has that great bitter hop finish that I love.
    Picked up a pint of Captain Morgan spiced rum-unique flavor-mixes well with .....what else Sierra Mist-
    madurofan:
    I love the American Ale. I disagree that its uninteresting. Is it complex? No not really but it has a wonderful flavor and has that great bitter hop finish that I love.
    I didn't find it hoppy at all. In fact, one of the things I find refreshing about it is that is isn't overbearingly hoppy like a lot of the microbrews out there. I thought it had a cleaner finish than a lot of the pretentious beers around.
    dutyje:
    madurofan:
    I didn't find it hoppy at all. In fact, one of the things I find refreshing about it is that is isn't overbearingly hoppy like a lot of the microbrews out there. I thought it had a cleaner finish than a lot of the pretentious beers around.
    Interesting I found the finish very hoppy similar to Sam Boston Lager.

Finished off the Capt Morgan's with the Ramon Allone smoke - good combo