Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• naughtnaught Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 56
    I'm a Shiner whore... with Shiner Black being my main squeeze.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Don Julio blanco. Daaaaaaaamn tasty.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    yesterday, Straub's special dark.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Been goin' thru the Duplin Winery list of red wines. Had the Bald Head Red last night , very flavorful and smooth ...mixed with about two fingers of Sierra Mist this tastes fantastic ... :)
  • mustluvcigarsmustluvcigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 686
    Having a Jack Cherry Rum with some Sprite Zero. very very sweet, good rum. I dont drink but this is real nice treat, Im glad i decided to treat myself tonight, seems to nicely compliment this JJ Maduro
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    gmill880:
    Been goin' thru the Duplin Winery list of red wines. Had the Bald Head Red last night , very flavorful and smooth ...mixed with about two fingers of Sierra Mist this tastes fantastic ... :)
    You know you have a problem when you start taking the Sierra Mist straight...especially if you're pulling right off the bottle. :)
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Jet, how was that eagle rare? Did you try it yet? I've been waiting to hear your opinion of it. I finally found a place up here that sells it and buffalo trace, so I'm back in business.
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    You know you have a problem when you start taking the Sierra Mist straight...especially if you're pulling right off the bottle. :)

I don't know man ...Sierra Mist straight really makes me feel funny ...
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    cholmes8310:
    Jet, how was that eagle rare? Did you try it yet? I've been waiting to hear your opinion of it. I finally found a place up here that sells it and buffalo trace, so I'm back in business.

It was really good! Ice really calms it down. Smooth with subtle flavors...none really overpowering eachother. I digged it :). Have you had Bulliet Bourbon yet?
    Jetmech_63:
    cholmes8310:

It was really good! Ice really calms it down. Smooth with subtle flavors...none really overpowering eachother. I digged it :). Have you had Bulliet Bourbon yet?
    yes, I've had Bulliet as well. It's good, but not as good as eagle rare or buffalo trace to me. Have you tried Elijah Craig 12 yo? It's pretty good also.
    cholmes8310:
    Jetmech_63:
    cholmes8310:

yes, I've had Bulliet as well. It's good, but not as good as eagle rare or buffalo trace to me. Have you tried Elijah Craig 12 yo? It's pretty good also.

Uummmm. . . Buffalo Trace is sooooo gooood ...
    gmill880:
    cholmes8310:
    Jetmech_63:
    cholmes8310:

go try Eagle Rare. Produced by Buffalo Trace distillery, but is a 10 yo single barrel bourbon. it's great
    cholmes8310:
    gmill880:
    cholmes8310:
    Jetmech_63:
    cholmes8310:

go try Eagle Rare. Produced by Buffalo Trace distillery, but is a 10 yo single barrel bourbon. it's great

That does sound good I'll try and pick some up ...
    Gettin all fancy tonight, Woodbridge Cabernet Sauvignon. Well, fancy for me at least.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Sam Adams Blackberry Whietbier. Been putting down alot of this stuff ice cold since the A/C went out
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    This may come as a shock to you guys... but I'm enjoying MGD Light right now... I know I know, it's not Miller Lite...

But it is swimsuit season and the way I look at it, with the 34 less calories per beer I'm saving about 400 calories a day!!!
    So, anyone who is in the Boston area, I heard about something I think all you whiskey/bourbon/scotch drinkers need to know about. I was at my local liqour store in Westboro today, Julios. They have a "Loch and Key" society that holds tastings every wednesday night from 7-8. This weeks is a pot luck, so everyone brings a bottle. Next week however, they are having free tastings of Elijah Craig 18 (which is awesome), Parker Heritage Collection Bourbon ($200 bottle), Evan Williams Single Barrel, and several others. It sounds like a good time, and I'll be checking it out. Just wanted to extend the information to any BOTL that may be around this area.

Oh, and Julio's has a premium smoke shop in it as well that carries all the high end brands from Cusano and Ashton, to Oliva and Padron, to God of Fire and Opus X. It's a smokers and drinkers paradise. I'm in love!
    Some jerk bought up all my Shiner Black just before I got to the store this morning. So I had to go with Guinness. A pretty good problem to have.
    Miller Genuine Draft Light....

again
    Lasabar:

again
    I likes yer style.
    naught:
    Lasabar:

again
    I likes yer style.
    I likes Miller products in general
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    cholmes8310:
    So, anyone who is in the Boston area, I heard about something I think all you whiskey/bourbon/scotch drinkers need to know about. I was at my local liqour store in Westboro today, Julios. They have a "Loch and Key" society that holds tastings every wednesday night from 7-8. This weeks is a pot luck, so everyone brings a bottle. Next week however, they are having free tastings of Elijah Craig 18 (which is awesome), Parker Heritage Collection Bourbon ($200 bottle), Evan Williams Single Barrel, and several others. It sounds like a good time, and I'll be checking it out. Just wanted to extend the information to any BOTL that may be around this area.

Oh, and Julio's has a premium smoke shop in it as well that carries all the high end brands from Cusano and Ashton, to Oliva and Padron, to God of Fire and Opus X. It's a smokers and drinkers paradise. I'm in love!

This is where I got my first bottle of Eagle Rare

I had the bottle in my hand and someone comes over and says hi. Takes the bottle out of my hands.

Im like WFT. Then he selects another bottle of Eagle rare and says, Barrell 52 is much better than barrel 47 as he hands me the new bottle.

Im a happy guys cuz this stuff iz GOOOOOOOD!
    Fourtotheflush:
    cholmes8310:

I had the bottle in my hand and someone comes over and says hi. Takes the bottle out of my hands.

Im like WFT. Then he selects another bottle of Eagle rare and says, Barrell 52 is much better than barrel 47 as he hands me the new bottle.

I'm slowly but surely going to turn all you bourbon/whiskey drinkers on to this stuff. It really is just that good. And it's price makes it even better. Ive seen it run anywhere from 18 to 25 bucks a fifth, depending on what part of the country I was in.
  • bibbybibby Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    cholmes8310:
    Fourtotheflush:
    cholmes8310:

I'm slowly but surely going to turn all you bourbon/whiskey drinkers on to this stuff. It really is just that good. And it's price makes it even better. Ive seen it run anywhere from 18 to 25 bucks a fifth, depending on what part of the country I was in.

I am a bourbon and Candian Whiskey drinker; is this a scotch whiskey or a bourbon derivative?

Rob
    Stella Artois...

So crisp so refreshing when it's 105 degrees outside.
    Bibby:
    cholmes8310:
    Fourtotheflush:
    cholmes8310:

I am a bourbon and Candian Whiskey drinker; is this a scotch whiskey or a bourbon derivative?

Rob
    Neither, just a Kentucky Single Barrel Bourbon, made by the Buffalo Trace distillery. This is the 10 yo bottle, but I have heard they make a 17 yo Eagle Rare as well.
    Cholmes,

That looks great; I will definitely try to pick some up next time I head out to the liqour store. Is this available at most liqour stores even on the west coast? Let me know, Thanks.

Rob
    Bibby:
    Cholmes,

That looks great; I will definitely try to pick some up next time I head out to the liqour store. Is this available at most liqour stores even on the west coast? Let me know, Thanks.

Rob
    yeah, it's in most I've been to. I'd suggest you check out Buffalo Trace's website though. the page listed below allows you to find it:

http://www.buffalotrace.com/main.asp?page=retailers

In my experience, if they have the Buffalo Trace, they'll have the Eagle Rare
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    cholmes8310:
    Bibby:
    Cholmes,

Rob
    yeah, it's in most I've been to. I'd suggest you check out Buffalo Trace's website though. the page listed below allows you to find it:

http://www.buffalotrace.com/main.asp?page=retailers

In my experience, if they have the Buffalo Trace, they'll have the Eagle Rare

Its worth it to travel a bit to find it!
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    cholmes8310:

I've been meaning to check out Julio's for a while but it's a bit of a hike for me. How are their prices?