Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Alex Svenson:
    Drinking a rum I have always wanted to get a bottle of, matusalem. WOW, this stuff is great. Wife and I arrived on the gulf coast of florida today for a long vacation and I am smoking a man o war ruination and neat glass. Life is good.

Enjoy your vacation Alex I'm sure you have earned it brother !
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    ying-ying again. Bout 120 ounces.
    Of course I had me Rum with a bit of S'Misty
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I had some American Ale last night. This is quickly becoming my everyday beer. I think if they'd make it in a 12 pack it would pass Sam's Boston Lager as my go to.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ive been drinking assam tea all day. fantastic taste with a gentle pick me up.
    ...he drinks a whiskey drink....he drinks a vodka drink....he drinks a lager drink ....he drinks a cider drink...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I had a Jack Single Barrel on the rocks here for a little while and I couldn't drink it. I tried. Not a fan of hard liquor. But I really did try. Drinking a Propel Grape now.
    Buffalo Trace earlier and Michelob tonight
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Alex Svenson:
    Drinking a rum I have always wanted to get a bottle of, matusalem. WOW, this stuff is great. Wife and I arrived on the gulf coast of florida today for a long vacation and I am smoking a man o war ruination and neat glass. Life is good.

Alex, was it the Gran Reserva? (15 year solera) - if so, it's a good rum, but I keep pushing Ron Zacapa Centenario and Zaya. Both are incredible, full bodied, sweet, dark rums - smooth as water. The Zacapa is the same solera system but 23 years and really not much more in price (a bottle should run you about 40 bucks).

I had some Jeremiah Weed's Southern Style Sweet Tea Vodka last night with some friends. WOW is that stuff good. So sweet - if you cut it with some ice, it's like drinking an Arizona sweet tea. Went through an entire bottle with two friends. We just couldn't stop.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    been drinkin honey brown all day. good. cheap. beer.
    Straubs special dark...this stuff is so good, my old man and I usually end up drinking a case a lilttle quicker than maybe we should. Anyone familiar with the Straub brewery in St. Mary's, Pa? Great all natural beer.

Yesterday was Labatt's Blue.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Luko:
    The one with the bear? :)
  • 0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 188
    Makers Mark and ginger ale - yum
  • 0 That Guy 00 That Guy 0 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 188
    Kuzi is that the Dundee Honey Brown? Literally my favorite beer!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Geary's summer ale. I'm not sure of the limit of their distribution but clearly Maine's best microbrew.
    Sierra Mist plain/straight ...........this makes me feel funny without bourbon or rum in it .....damn soft drink companies .....
    j0z3r:
    Luko:
    The one with the bear? :)
    Unfortunately...
    Yesterday I got off work early to attend some company business BUT after that, grillin' some big 'ol rib eyes on the back deck , I had some Jerimiah Weed Tea flavored Vodka ...just picked up some airplane bottles to see if I liked it. I poured the first over a cube ice and sipped it , pretty good. Then I mixed another with a ice cube and 2 parts Sierra Mist , holy chimpanzees on a clothesline...that was awsome !!! Gonna have to go back and get the big boy bottle this weekend ...
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Buffalo Trace! Not just for breakfast anymore :)
    Jetmech_63:

Buffalo Trace ...uummmmmmm !!!
    Had my now daily glass of red wine ...don't know about later ...
    Went to the hall o' booze today and picked up a bottle of Rusells Reserve 10 year bourbon. Put out by the wild turkey label. I love 101, Kentucky Spirit and Rare breed. This stuff is pretty bold! Smooth but very bold flavors. Definatley better opened up over some ice. Hey Gino, ever had this stuff?
  • thizzcorethizzcore Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 48
    a tangerine wheat. wasnt the greatest either.
    Jetmech_63:
    Went to the hall o' booze today and picked up a bottle of Rusells Reserve 10 year bourbon. Put out by the wild turkey label. I love 101, Kentucky Spirit and Rare breed. This stuff is pretty bold! Smooth but very bold flavors. Definatley better opened up over some ice. Hey Gino, ever had this stuff?

Havn't had that Jet ...how does it compare to the Rare Breed ?
    Rare breed is still better, but thats not to say that Russels isnt excellent!
    Jetmech_63:

Gotcha ...I've been on a red wine binge this week and experimenting after my "heart incident" ( check out my MIA thread post I posted about it there) was a scary coupla days but anyways Rare Breed is Hard to beat but I'll give the Russells a try , I'm always up for something new ...thanks for the heads up Jet ...
    gmill880:
    Jetmech_63:

Gotcha ...I've been on a red wine binge this week and experimenting after my "heart incident" ( check out my MIA thread post I posted about it there) was a scary coupla days but anyways Rare Breed is Hard to beat but I'll give the Russells a try , I'm always up for something new ...thanks for the heads up Jet ...
    Give us some updates on what red wines you're drinking gene...like to hear what your trying and what you think.
    Luko:
    gmill880:
    Jetmech_63:

Give us some updates on what red wines you're drinking gene...like to hear what your trying and what you think.

so far i've only had the Duplin Winery Hatteras Red (Muskadine wine ) a nice sweet/fruity combo tastes better at about room temp than chilled to me, that will probably finish out the week and then I'll try some of the other suggestions from some of you guys ...I'll keep ya posted
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    gmill880:
    Jetmech_63:

Now you're talking my language. I think we'll get along just fine... this is one of my favorite bourbons.

If you like Buffalo Trace, I'd recommend Eagle Rare Single Barrel 10 yo to everyone. It's made at the Buffalo Trace distillery, and it is one of the smoothest bourbons I've had. It is now my go-to drink, and it's relatively inexpensive.

Also great is Basil Hayden's, which is part of the small batch bourbons from the Knob Creek distillery. The line includes Knob Creek, Basil Hayden's, Booker's, and Baker's. I like Basil Hayden't the best for the price. It has great flavor like Knob Creek, without the overpowering burn on the back of the palate.

But hands down, check out Eagle Rare, it's incredible!
    cholmes8310:
    gmill880:
    Jetmech_63:

Now you're talking my language. I think we'll get along just fine... this is one of my favorite bourbons. If you like Buffalo Trace, I'd recommend Eagle Rare Single Barrel 10 yo to everyone. It's made at the Buffalo Trace distillery, and it is one of the smoothest bourbons I've had. It is now my go-to drink, and it's relatively inexpensive. Also great is Basil Hayden's, which is part of the small batch bourbons from the Knob Creek distillery. The line includes Knob Creek, Basil Hayden's, Booker's, and Baker's. I like Basil Hayden't the best for the price. It has great flavor like Knob Creek, without the overpowering burn on the back of the palate. But hands down, check out Eagle Rare, it's incredible!

cholmes8310 have you tried the Wild Turkey Rare Breed Barrel Proof ...absolutely awsome !!!