what did you drink today ?

Comments

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    gmill880:
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:
    Fat Tire Amber Ale
    mmmmmm.. my favorite..Fat Tire.

Yeah this stuff is good. Finished off the last I have of it about 30 minutes ago...time to re-stock

gmilll, I like you more and more... Buffalo Trace AND fat tire... excellent choices.

If you haven't had it, try the New Belgium 1554. Better than the Fat Tire to me. Haven't found it many places though. if they have the fat tire though, they should have the 1554. Yum....
    gmill880:
    cholmes8310:
    gmill880:
    Jetmech_63:
    Buffalo Trace! Not just for breakfast anymore :)

Buffalo Trace ...uummmmmmm !!!

Now you're talking my language. I think we'll get along just fine... this is one of my favorite bourbons.

If you like Buffalo Trace, I'd recommend Eagle Rare Single Barrel 10 yo to everyone. It's made at the Buffalo Trace distillery, and it is one of the smoothest bourbons I've had. It is now my go-to drink, and it's relatively inexpensive.

Also great is Basil Hayden's, which is part of the small batch bourbons from the Knob Creek distillery. The line includes Knob Creek, Basil Hayden's, Booker's, and Baker's. I like Basil Hayden't the best for the price. It has great flavor like Knob Creek, without the overpowering burn on the back of the palate.

But hands down, check out Eagle Rare, it's incredible!

cholmes8310 have you tried the Wild Turkey Rare Breed Barrel Proof ...absolutely awsome !!!

Only once or twice... can't really remember it. I'm not the biggest fan of Wild Turkey, but I'll definitely give it another shot.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    cholmes8310:
    gmill880:
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:
    Fat Tire Amber Ale
    mmmmmm.. my favorite..Fat Tire.

Yeah this stuff is good. Finished off the last I have of it about 30 minutes ago...time to re-stock
    gmilll, I like you more and more... Buffalo Trace AND fat tire... excellent choices. If you haven't had it, try the New Belgium 1554. Better than the Fat Tire to me. Haven't found it many places though. if they have the fat tire though, they should have the 1554. Yum....

Yeah I think they have that where I buy the Fat Tire but I've never tried it . I will pick some up on your reccomendation ...thanks bro
    cholmes8310:
    gmill880:
    cholmes8310:
    gmill880:
    Jetmech_63:
    Buffalo Trace! Not just for breakfast anymore :)

Buffalo Trace ...uummmmmmm !!!
    Now you're talking my language. I think we'll get along just fine... this is one of my favorite bourbons. If you like Buffalo Trace, I'd recommend Eagle Rare Single Barrel 10 yo to everyone. It's made at the Buffalo Trace distillery, and it is one of the smoothest bourbons I've had. It is now my go-to drink, and it's relatively inexpensive. Also great is Basil Hayden's, which is part of the small batch bourbons from the Knob Creek distillery. The line includes Knob Creek, Basil Hayden's, Booker's, and Baker's. I like Basil Hayden't the best for the price. It has great flavor like Knob Creek, without the overpowering burn on the back of the palate. But hands down, check out Eagle Rare, it's incredible!

cholmes8310 have you tried the Wild Turkey Rare Breed Barrel Proof ...absolutely awsome !!!
    Only once or twice... can't really remember it. I'm not the biggest fan of Wild Turkey, but I'll definitely give it another shot.

Yeah This is the ONLY Wild Turkey I like but it is awsome ...
    I should have mentioned the 1554 is a black ale. It's dark, with a toasty, spicy smell to it. The flavor starts surprisingly sweet and chocolately, finishing toasty and with a slight peppery, coffee taste to it. I have yet to have one with cigar, but I imagine it would pair very nicely with a Habano, since the sweet would offset the pepper.
    cholmes8310:
    I should have mentioned the 1554 is a black ale. It's dark, with a toasty, spicy smell to it. The flavor starts surprisingly sweet and chocolately, finishing toasty and with a slight peppery, coffee taste to it. I have yet to have one with cigar, but I imagine it would pair very nicely with a Habano, since the sweet would offset the pepper.

That does sound like a good combo ...
    A snoot full of 10 cane rum
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    gmill880:

Thats my absolute favorite rum! You can really taste the sugar cane
    Jetmech_63:
    gmill880:

Thats my absolute favorite rum! You can really taste the sugar cane

Thats exactly why I love it Vinny ...
    About a 40 oz seagrams VO and coke - 2 parts seagrams to 1 part coke. Not my favorite, but good, and free made it all the better. Drinking it right now while smoking a Perdomo ESV 91 Phantom.
    In the never ending quest for tasty bourbon i bought a bottle each of Eagle Rare 10 year, Evan Williams Single Barrel and Bulliet. I've had bulliet before and it's for my pops in law who cant get it where he is, anyone have the other two?
    Jetmech_63:
    In the never ending quest for tasty bourbon i bought a bottle each of Eagle Rare 10 year, Evan Williams Single Barrel and Bulliet. I've had bulliet before and it's for my pops in law who cant get it where he is, anyone have the other two?
    See my above posts on Eagle Rare... its a small batch single barrel made by Buffalo Trace Distillery... It is AWESOME! It is my favorite bourbon.

I can't stand Evan Williams.

I really like Bulliet as well, but it's got a slightly .... let's say harsh... finish. It's good when mixed with coke or something, but I can't mix it with Sprite or anything.

I can drink the Eagle Rare straight up it's so good. Enjoy every minute of it.... Hell, in fact, I can't' get it or Buffalo Trace in Boston, so send me some!
    Duplin Black River Red Wine
    Sweet! Really looking forward to the Eagle Rare! The other two were for my inlaws mainly, he loves bulliet and she loves evan williams though i'll be trying them all. It's all in preperation for our annual week long camping trip. Also loaded up on beer!
    Turbodog
    Black Butte Porter
    Petes Wicked Strawberry Blonde
    Blackthorn Cider
    Newcastle Nut Brown Ale
    and Mendocino Summer Brew

It's so going to be a good week!
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Jetmech_63:
    Sweet! Really looking forward to the Eagle Rare! The other two were for my inlaws mainly, he loves bulliet and she loves evan williams though i'll be trying them all. It's all in preperation for our annual week long camping trip. Also loaded up on beer!
    Turbodog
    Black Butte Porter
    Petes Wicked Strawberry Blonde
    Blackthorn Cider
    Newcastle Nut Brown Ale
    and Mendocino Summer Brew

It's so going to be a good week!
    Holy snikes...I wanna go camping with Vinny...sounds like it will be a blast. Don't fall in the fire and make sure you pack a spare liver.
    LOL, spare liver...i'm in the Navy man, i'm a Professional :)
    Where you guys go campin' Vinny ?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    gmill880:
    Vinny goes camping at that place where everybody knows your name.
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    Vinny goes camping at that place where everybody knows your name.

Ha!
    Up in the San Bernadino forest....Kinda close to Bridgeport.
    Jetmech_63:
    Up in the San Bernadino forest....Kinda close to Bridgeport.

Gotcha ...sounds like you guys got the drinkin' part covered ...does he smoke cigars too ...
    He used to smoke drug store nastiness, i gave him a bunch of RP and Oliva's and he a believer now :)
    Jetmech_63:
    He used to smoke drug store nastiness, i gave him a bunch of RP and Oliva's and he a believer now :)

excellent...another conversion to the collective ...good job Vinny ...
    Cracked into my 6 pack of Sam Adams Blackberry Weitbeir. Super beer for a hot summer day. It's nice how it has just a slight blackberry twinge...but still tastes like a beer, very good.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    I've recently tried a few different things. Two brands of southern style sweet tea vodka (just started carrying the stuff up this way) - Jeremiah Weed's Sweet Tea and Firefly. Both are fantastic if you like that sweet tea. Just cut them with some water and ice and it's perfect.

I also recently tried Chartreuse. Interesting stuff to say the least, but it's a nice nightcap. Very herbal and floral (and it should be - it's made from 130 different herbs, spices and botanicals). This one was sparked because I just started getting into making my own cellos and wanted to try something different from the typical lemon cello, so I tried a few other fruit cellos and an herbal one.
    Yo! Ya'll gotta try this!

2 shots of Dark Rum
    1 shot Coconut Rum
    Splash of pineapple juice
    Serve over a good amount of ice

Got that off line...holy crap i'm hooked!! Tasty, refreshing and sneaky!! :)
  • robert69165robert69165 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 219
    2 glasses of Absynthe with my AB Tempus fixed with a sugar cube.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    robert69165:
    2 glasses of Absynthe with my AB Tempus fixed with a sugar cube.
    thats the only way to have Absinthe.

was it real or was it the stuff that you get in a store in the US?

if it was real did you brew it or import it?
  • robert69165robert69165 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 219
    Well Kuzi it is called "Lucid" and is supposed to be brewed in the tradition of the real Absynthe so Im just going by their claim that it's the real thing. www.lucid.com it does have that licorice flavor.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I've been drinking Abita since I got back down here to New Orleans. Had some Abita Satsuma the other night, which is similar to drinking a Blue Moon with the Orange already in it.