Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    SaVas:
    Kicking back with a glass of Ron Zacapa 23 yo Solera rum, and a 5 Vegas AAA.
    Nice choice on both accounts.

Tonight was Jamison and cranberry juice.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    Had a couple Dogfish Head Aprihop. Pretty cool, like a better version of Magic Hat #9.
  • SaVasSaVas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 250
    Kicking back after work with a Partagas Decadas 1996 and sipping on a hybrid martini I call a Gimletini...2 shots Bombay Sapphire gin, 3 shots of Tito's vodka, small splash of olive brine, small splash of onion brine,splash of a good dry Vermouth, lightly shaken, then poured into a chilled martini glass. Garnished with a drink skewer with 2 jalapeno stuffed olives and 3 cocktail onions. Life is good.
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    Crown black and a 601 maduro for me.
    Widmer herf and orange juice.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    SaVas:
    Kicking back after work with a Partagas Decadas 1996 and sipping on a hybrid martini I call a Gimletini...2 shots Bombay Sapphire gin, 3 shots of Tito's vodka, small splash of olive brine, small splash of onion brine,splash of a good dry Vermouth, lightly shaken, then poured into a chilled martini glass. Garnished with a drink skewer with 2 jalapeno stuffed olives and 3 cocktail onions. Life is good.
    I'm not really a martini guy, but damn if that doesn't sound good. I may have to give that a whirl sometimes - hope you don't mind if I copy the recipe :-)
  • SaVasSaVas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 250
    Heavy:
    SaVas:
    I'm not really a martini guy, but damn if that doesn't sound good. I may have to give that a whirl sometimes - hope you don't mind if I copy the recipe :-)
    Anything for a fellow BotL. And they are quite tasty. I'm not a big fan of gin, but add some really smooth vodka and it becomes heavenly.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Had a couple of Godfathers last night= late to work this morning.

• ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    stephen_hannibal:
    Had a couple of Godfathers last night= late to work this morning.

lol
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Ken Light:
    Had a couple Dogfish Head Aprihop. Pretty cool, like a better version of Magic Hat #9.
    You know, when I first tasted the Aprihop I thought it seemed familiar but I could never place it. Reading this it's like I can now see in the dark haha. That's exactly what it reminds me of! a WAY better version I might add..
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    Having a Dark 'n Stormy and doing a little work prepping for another Monday.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    ejenne87:
    Ken Light:
    You know, when I first tasted the Aprihop I thought it seemed familiar but I could never place it. Reading this it's like I can now see in the dark haha. That's exactly what it reminds me of! a WAY better version I might add..
    It's weird, I never got the apricot flavor in Magic Hat #9 until someone pointed it out. Now that I know that it's made with apricots, it's a totally different beer to me. I wonder if Aprihop was called something else (and didn't have an apricot on the bottle) if I'd have a) picked up the apricot flavor as strongly and b) made the comparison with Magic Hat #9.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    today is Samuel Smith's Imperial Porter. the description does it justice: A rich flavourful brew; deep chocolate in colour with a roasted barley nose and flavour that is a complexity of malt, hops, alcohol and yeast.
  • acewoodsonacewoodson Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 191
  • JSaintJSaint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,848
    Predicting the future for tomorrow: Founders Porter, Bells Hopslam, Stone Escodidian 15th Anniv.
    Spiked milkshake.........Chocolate chip ice bream, Kahlua, Kilo Kai Spiced rum and a splash of milk.
    Sounds damn good Todd.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Sierra Mist Free which actually now is Diet Sierra Mist . My favorite soda and/or mixer for bourbon if not on the rocks .
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    gmill880:
    Sierra Mist Free which actually now is Diet Sierra Mist . My favorite soda and/or mixer for bourbon if not on the rocks .
    Hey Gene, if you're ever looking for a new mixed drink to try using Sierra Mist, try mixing it with Kilo Kai spiced rum. It tastes like cream soda.
    Arizona Iced Tea.
  • Un_SubUn_Sub Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 210
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Kilo Kai and Sierra Mist. I don't know if it has an official name, but I like to call it hard cream soda on account its alcoholic content and how it tastes like cream soda.
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
    having a flor de cana gold rum and coke with a partagas 150
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Sweetened chai tea.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    Crispin Stagger Lee. Cider aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels. MMM
  • bigjohn125bigjohn125 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 476
    Templeton Rye and 7up. yum!
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Blanton bourbon with a opus X. It's almost 4AM, still drinking and smoking
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    Hey Gene, if you're ever looking for a new mixed drink to try using Sierra Mist, try mixing it with Kilo Kai spiced rum. It tastes like cream soda.

Thanks Joe ... I will give that a try , sounds good .
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    Presently working on about 4 fingers of sour mash with a nice Diesel Unlimited toro. Yummy.