Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

Comments

• reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    mmccartneydc:
    Very nice reggie, Dan sent me one of those and I thoroughly enjoyed it!
    i had the lancero and really enjoyed it, im gonna let these rest for awhile, maybe saturday lol
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    i also got my first ca mag! thanx Mike!!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
  • sms419sms419 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 21

2 - Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso Torpedo (6" x 52)
    2 - Alec Bradley MAXX Brazilian Toro (6" x 54)
    2 - Xikar’s HC Maduro Belicoso (6" x 54)
    2 - CAO MX2 Toro (6" x 54)
    2 - 5 Vegas Series ’A’ Archetype (6" x 50)
    2 - Gurkha Legend Vintage 2001 Torpedo (6.5" x 53)
    2 - Punch Bareknuckle Pita (6.1" x 50)
    2 - Rocky Patel Edge Torpedo Maduro (6" x 52)

• chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    sms419:
    2 - Genesis The Project by Ramon Bueso Torpedo (6" x 52) 2 - Alec Bradley MAXX Brazilian Toro (6" x 54) 2 - Xikar’s HC Maduro Belicoso (6" x 54) 2 - CAO MX2 Toro (6" x 54) 2 - 5 Vegas Series ’A’ Archetype (6" x 50) 2 - Gurkha Legend Vintage 2001 Torpedo (6.5" x 53) 2 - Punch Bareknuckle Pita (6.1" x 50) 2 - Rocky Patel Edge Torpedo Maduro (6" x 52)
    I like maduros too!
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    One of the top Cuban cigar. You will enjoy the rich aromatic flavor. Congrats!!!
    blurr:
    Just came in today, new vendor very impressed with service!

2012-09-19 16.37.06

2012-09-19 16.38.59
  • Jay9Jay9Jay9Jay9Jay9Jay9 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 53
    I am surprised you know Pu-Erh tea. I have a brick from 1930 and still aging. I got it from HongKong. I love things get matured with aging. Pu-Erh is even healthier than green tea. Majority tea drinkers cannot stand the bad taste. However, proper aging reduce that bad aroma with more smooth and round flavors.
    Marker:
    rzaman, no Pu-Erh? I am disappointed.
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    1930 and still aging? Jeez and my wife claims my cigar aging humis are ridiculous and they're only a few years old. Thats tea older than my dad and almost grandfather.

The cristobals are my first venture into that line but I'm adding one box of every Cuban brand into my ager, and they were next on the list. The smell of that box after removing the nail was unbelievable. I'm Starting with coronas, petites to see what I enjoy, though the few #2's friends gave me make me think just stock upmann, Partagas, and Monte pyramides. Don't often have time to smoke that size tho with my 2yr old little man running wild.
    Most of the aged Pu-Erh tea were burned and destroyed during the Chinese Revolution in 50's. The Maoist did that because PuErh was the fashion and delicacy of the Chinese elite. Anything related to elite was destroyed. What they didn't realize is, Pu-Erh was made from hundreds of years old tea trees. They are not only destroyed the history but some healthiest drinks. Many Pu-Erh was smuggled to Tawain from Mainland China so they could protect them. After China opened up, some of them came back with hefty price tag. The Germans are famous collector of Pu-Erh tea along withnthe Chinese and Japanese. I consider myself very lucky to have one.

About the San Cristobal de La Habana- you will love them. Yes when you open a Cuban box, the smell and scent is very rich and aromatic. If you considering to age some Cuban then get a box of Don AlejandromRobina or Unicos, Partagas no.2, Partagas series P no. 1 or 2, H. Upman Megnum, Cohiba Esplendidos and RyJ short or wide Churchill. They age very well. Actually, Cubans performs better with aging.
    blurr:
    1930 and still aging? Jeez and my wife claims my cigar aging humis are ridiculous and they're only a few years old. Thats tea older than my dad and almost grandfather.

The cristobals are my first venture into that line but I'm adding one box of every Cuban brand into my ager, and they were next on the list. The smell of that box after removing the nail was unbelievable. I'm Starting with coronas, petites to see what I enjoy, though the few #2's friends gave me make me think just stock upmann, Partagas, and Monte pyramides. Don't often have time to smoke that size tho with my 2yr old little man running wild.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,036
    Finally getting some mail in.

MOWPAMs and the CCOM "Nightcap Sampler":

And these (from another source):

• blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    Learned something new today. Thanks for the advice, I'll be ordering my next box in a month or so, definitely looking at either RyJ Short Churchills or Vegas Robaina Allejandro or Unicos. Tough decisions in my future.

rzaman:
    Most of the aged Pu-Erh tea were burned and destroyed during the Chinese Revolution in 50's. The Maoist did that because PuErh was the fashion and delicacy of the Chinese elite. Anything related to elite was destroyed. What they didn't realize is, Pu-Erh was made from hundreds of years old tea trees. They are not only destroyed the history but some healthiest drinks. Many Pu-Erh was smuggled to Tawain from Mainland China so they could protect them. After China opened up, some of them came back with hefty price tag. The Germans are famous collector of Pu-Erh tea along withnthe Chinese and Japanese. I consider myself very lucky to have one.

About the San Cristobal de La Habana- you will love them. Yes when you open a Cuban box, the smell and scent is very rich and aromatic. If you considering to age some Cuban then get a box of Don AlejandromRobina or Unicos, Partagas no.2, Partagas series P no. 1 or 2, H. Upman Megnum, Cohiba Esplendidos and RyJ short or wide Churchill. They age very well. Actually, Cubans performs better with aging.
    blurr:

@ Blurr. The RyJ Short Churchill and the VR Unicos are awesome. Can't go wrong with either. Better yet, get both (not enablin' or anything).

rzaman:
    One of the top Cuban cigar. You will enjoy the rich aromatic flavor. Congrats!!!
    blurr:

2012-09-19 16.37.06

2012-09-19 16.38.59
    Rip, what vitola of these sc do you enjoy most, or anyone with experience?
  • jj20030jj20030 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,448
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    chemforever:
    The el principies are great little cigars.
    Marker:
    chemforever:
    The el principies are great little cigars.
    Thanks for the input, brother!
  • TridentTrident Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,005
    From yesterday and today.
    1st from MTuccelli
    Photobucket

Then from Lee
    Photobucket

From DiamondDog
    Photobucket

From a local B+M
    Photobucket
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Trident, that looks like the Corona Avo, at least they have the same band. How is it? Also, that cafe curivari is an excellent coffee smoke or stout.
    El Poncipe and El Morro
    chemforever:
    rzaman:
    blurr:

2012-09-19 16.37.06

2012-09-19 16.38.59
    catfishbluezz:
    Trident, that looks like the Corona Avo, at least they have the same band. How is it? Also, that cafe curivari is an excellent coffee smoke or stout.
    It's actually the AVO lounge. Haven't had one yet, but hear wonderful things
    Trident:
    catfishbluezz:
    let me know, I believe they are connected with coronacigars as a house Avo blend of sorts. I've always eyed them.
    Trident:
    catfishbluezz:
    let me know, I believe they are connected with coronacigars as a house Avo blend of sorts. I've always eyed them.
    catfishbluezz:
    Trident:
    catfishbluezz:
    Hmm, maybe...but I get them at my local b+m
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    From catfishbluezz:

DSC_0002

...and my long running buying hiatus is over:

Ashton Aged Maduro

AVO

Ashton ESG
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    An early morning bomb from kentuckytrooper...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Thanks, Jon!
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Yesterday I got another azz-whoopin from jthanatos. That's 2 beat downs from James this week alone!!
    Bully!!!! LOL kidding
    (See T/P/B thread for more)

• robertgreen30robertgreen30 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,922