Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    catfishbluezz:
    I don't think the tobacco is as good as Robaina though and they will need a few years to open up. The one I had was aged 5 years and one of the more memorable pyramides I've had.
    i was actually very disappointed with the Diplomaticos i have smoked. they werent bad but i feel that i have never been impressed with the brand.

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Be jelly my brothers, be jelly.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    danielzreyes:
    oh no... F*@#THAT!
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
    El Bubble, hahaha.
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    kuzi16:
    catfishbluezz:
    I don't think the tobacco is as good as Robaina though and they will need a few years to open up. The one I had was aged 5 years and one of the more memorable pyramides I've had.
    i was actually very disappointed with the Diplomaticos i have smoked. they werent bad but i feel that i have never been impressed with the brand.

i think they fall under the don't touch for five years marca. I've heard this from several folks, but then the opposite as well from anyone whom smokes an aged one. So not knowing age of the ones people don't like, My hypothesis is they are like Upmann where they are bland and suck the first few years, then blossom. The one I had was honestly as good as any pyramide I've ever had, but I'm more a fan of the lighter floral vanilla stuff.
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    A fiver of Filthy Hooligans from Webmost, because I knew what channel Honey Boo Boo was on.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    catfishbluezz:
    kuzi16:
    catfishbluezz:

i think they fall under the don't touch for five years marca. I've heard this from several folks, but then the opposite as well from anyone whom smokes an aged one. So not knowing age of the ones people don't like, My hypothesis is they are like Upmann where they are bland and suck the first few years, then blossom. The one I had was honestly as good as any pyramide I've ever had, but I'm more a fan of the lighter floral vanilla stuff.
    That's interesting. It's a rarity to have cigars change from bland to flavorful with age. The goal of aging is typically to smooth out harshness, settle them down, let them marry and mellow. If you're speaking of ISOM Upmann's I have pretty good personal experience aging them and they are very delicate but flavorful when aged. The aging allows the flavors to shine through because it removes the ammonia flavor that under-cured ISOM tobacco produces.

On second thought, maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean by bland, if you mean that there is one flavor so dominant that the other can't shine through, we're basically saying the same thing and you can ignore everything I wrote above.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    oh no... F*@#THAT!
    Those are so good with some age on em... enjoy in 2-3 years!
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Gray4lines:
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    oh no... F*@#THAT!
    ^^^weirdo
    jliu:
    Gray4lines:
    jliu:
    danielzreyes:
    oh no... F*@#THAT!
    ^^^weirdo
    dont knock em till you try em, d00d. A well aged gum-gar is where it's at
  • musicman3musicman3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 622
    Been a little while but went out today and made a purchase image
    Ive been wanting to try the brickhouse maduros and cellar reserve
  • jfacianejfaciane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    Picked a mazo of 10 Gurhka Beauty's on the sprint sale. I got a heck of a deal on them babies too!
  • Rail JockeyRail Jockey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 758
    Gray4lines:
    Ive been wanting to try the brickhouse maduros and cellar reserve
    i'm not a Gurkha fan, but i was given one of those cellar reserve's and it was very good. my b and m has a bunch of them, and i may grab a few more.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    got my tri-anuall isom order in
    Cohiba Siglo I
    Hoyo de Monterrey Palmas Extra
    Romeo Y Julieta Coronitas En Cedros
    as you can see i prefer smaller more portable smokes 45-60 mins cigars
  • musicman3musicman3 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 622
    The cellar reserves are the only Gurkhas I have liked. They are good.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    Cohiba Siglo I

Dang DJ sounds incredible! Congrats and with a newborn I am appreciating shorter smokes more and more myself... Haven't tried any of those but may have to look at them down the road.
  • thedjfish@comcast.netthedjfish@comcast.net Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,533
    90+ Irishman:
    thedjfish@comcast.net:
    Cohiba Siglo I

Dang DJ sounds incredible! Congrats and with a newborn I am appreciating shorter smokes more and more myself... Haven't tried any of those but may have to look at them down the road.
    my kids was the reason i went with corona sizes, got some more coming and my cigar ordering will be done for another 1-3yrs,(depends on what i run out of first) i usually stock up like this and then smoke them down every 2-3yrs
  • seegarkuverseegarkuver Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 24
    Picked up at yard sale with the HUMI what a find photo newcamera2013190.jpg
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    Stopped by one of my favorite B&M's on the way to comedy club. Had a coupon for by 2 Padillias get one free. So I picked up couple Reserva Maduros. The manager and I have pretty good relationship... he throws in 2 extras for free... and tells me to make it back for the General Event next weekend. Love that B&M.
    What I got from the event, and a draw poker with a naked chick on it imageimage
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    catfishbluezz:
    Though it can certainly be used as a draw poker. That's actually a "cigar saver" so you don't have to burn your fingers when nubbing a cigar and look classier than using a tooth pick. They make them with all kinds of cool little handles.
    seegarkuver:
    Picked up at yard sale with the HUMI what a find photo newcamera2013190.jpg
    Man that's awesome!
    Rhamlin:
    catfishbluezz:
    Though it can certainly be used as a draw poker. That's actually a "cigar saver" so you don't have to burn your fingers when nubbing a cigar and look classier than using a tooth pick. They make them with all kinds of cool little handles.
    its actually designed for three purposes. One being a draw tool, which is why the length of the pin is grooved, the other two for either the toothpick method or punching all the way through and using in the golf course as a stand. Personally it's the best draw poker I've used as the grooves do a great job of opening up cigars. A buddy uses it all the time and after it saved a few of mine I had to get one. They are called Havana Saver. I highly recommend them as a draw tool.
    They are cool. I've only ever seen them in one shop. Wish I would have gotten one. But a tooth pick works to, My wife says I look like a hobo when I do that:)
  • RickrollRickroll Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 58
    HELLO GLICKY I MISSED YOU SO MUCH WHILE YOU WERE IN JAIL. MY LOST LOVE HAS RETURNED FROM THE PEN!!! ITS OK, I KNOW YOU NEVER SERVED, BUT I'LL NEVER GIVE YOU UP BUDDY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPYZpwSpKmA
    seegarkuver:
    Has anybody ever smoked or have had this its a bit strong is it from an old family factory or is it new photo holepool002.jpg 7-20-04 is on the label
    are we going to do this again, im not I have to much going on like right now I'm taking my son to the batting cages for the start of his spring break hope you have a good day i will my life member card with the VFW one more time, and that's it for me
    seegarkuver:
    are we going to do this again, im not I have to much going on like right now I'm taking my son to the batting cages for the start of his spring break hope you have a good day i will my life member card with the VFW one more time, and that's it for me
    the only reason you're here is because the mods have the weekend off. You will be gone soon, and rightfully so. You need to take a hint pal....
    catfishbluezz:
    seegarkuver:
    the only reason you're here is because the mods have the weekend off. You will be gone soon, and rightfully so. You need to take a hint pal....
    i missed something somewhere around about this, may i make suggestion? dont bring up his old posts up,and dont respond to his postings, hate to say it but you guys actually brought him back up, if that posting about zoidians or something?hadnt been reignited and from what i read, he didnt bring it up, he probly wouldnt be posting anything, let the mods do or what ever is going to happen, happen.