Home Non Cigar Related

Things I Hate

Comments

• macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    ^^^^^^ +1 know how to deal with them in the shop... you just crate their toolbox and ship it to another facility. Since I work for such a large company the facility may be anywhere world-wide.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    That being sick plays with my blood sugar.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Cut my index finger...got a band-aid on it.
    Makes typing more difficult than usual...uggghhh

Nope, have something I hate even more today....
    Damn city income tax division....sending me a god damn letter two weeks before Xmas. Fvckin' grinch!
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    roland_7707:
    That being sick plays with my blood sugar.
    Hate this for you. Be careful and check often. My wife's Type I. It's part of the reason we have no money. Chronic conditions get expensive.
    NHL ref # 20 Tim Peel .... WTF kind of horse $hit call was this?????

Replay of disallowed goal:
    http://video.bluejackets.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=513194

Horrible officiating all around...
    A missed offsides call that led to a Jets goal....puck left the zone by a good 6+ inches
    And a missed highsticking call (Tyutin was bleeding right in front of the official!!) caused him to miss the rest of the 2nd period.

Horrible, horrible officiating. Hope the NHL penalizes/suspends this crew.
    Un calice de *** d'une multitude de mules malades.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Heartburn. Holy *** I thought I was going to croak last night.
    Purging my lighter. I just filled the thing and it started to sputter after two uses. Figuring it got an air bubble, but dang, it takes forever to stop hearing the hiss after I let it sit a bit.
    Martel:
    Purging my lighter. I just filled the thing and it started to sputter after two uses. Figuring it got an air bubble, but dang, it takes forever to stop hearing the hiss after I let it sit a bit.
    Freaking a. It's still sputtering and lighting funky. I know all the tricks, I guess I just don't have the skills necessary to implement them. I'll try again later. And use matches in the meantime.
    Martel:
    Martel:
    Freaking a. It's still sputtering and lighting funky. I know all the tricks, I guess I just don't have the skills necessary to implement them. I'll try again later. And use matches in the meantime.
    You using it outside? Inside?
    If outside, what's the temp? Mine gives me problems in the cold sometimes, something about the butane gets cold and doesn't ignite as well....I had this problem last year & one of the BOTLs here explained it to me. Just have to keep the lighter in my jean pocket or warm it up in my hands before lighting and works fine.
    jgibv:
    Martel:
    Martel:
    If outside, what's the temp? Mine gives me problems in the cold sometimes, something about the butane gets cold and doesn't ignite as well....I had this problem last year & one of the BOTLs here explained it to me. Just have to keep the lighter in my jean pocket or warm it up in my hands before lighting and works fine.
    I think I overfilled a bit this time. Bled some off and it's working fine now. I just hate that the things are so persnickitey.
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 859
    Things I hate
    I am currently training 2 people to take part of my job. They both work from another state so we are having to do this over the phone and using screen share software.
    Neither of them seems to be taking this serious. I have been in office for almost 3 hours and every time I reach out to them to set something up they act as if they are to busy and putting off. I start Vacation at 5pm est Friday evening and won't be back until the 2nd week of Jan at which time I have to learn a new piece to my job. If they are not ready it is on them! I also have a meeting this afternoon with my Sr. Manager that we have to review 3 files. This guy is to busy typing notes that he took over the past few days to work on them. I am seriously getting more and more pissed as I type this. ePH my life, my vacation can't get here fast enough!
    Martel:
    jgibv:
    Martel:
    Martel:
    I think I overfilled a bit this time. Bled some off and it's working fine now. I just hate that the things are so persnickitey.
    Glad you got it figured out....one of mine's been pesky lately too.
    I chalked it up to the cold weather but I gave in and bled it completely empty and then refilled - works good now. Good reason to always keep a box of matches handy.
    Fixing my trucks... wheel bearings went out on the burb... beatermobile battery DOA and heater on the fritz... wife's truck needs an oil change and I haven't got enough time to do even that. Well until the crappy weather is here.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    macs-smokes:
    Fixing my trucks... wheel bearings went out on the burb... beatermobile battery DOA and heater on the fritz... wife's truck needs an oil change and I haven't got enough time to do even that. Well until the crappy weather is here.
    Man I hear that.... there just isnt enough hours in the day... and when there is... the weather is the worst. We can suffer together.

Aj
    I was at the new lady's house last night. We were laying on the couch watching a movie having some wine as folks do. This I do not hate.

She has a kitten that was declawed yesterday, wearing the cone of shame, and apparently very in need of attention. Every time we would start to get a little uh... frisky that cat would jump up and lay directly in between us and shut it down. Throw it off the couch and it would jump right back up and stare at me. I have affectionately nicknamed the cat c*ck block kitty. I hate c*ck block kitty.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    pelirrojo:
    I was at the new lady's house last night. We were laying on the couch watching a movie having some wine as folks do. This I do not hate.

She has a kitten that was declawed yesterday, wearing the cone of shame, and apparently very in need of attention. Every time we would start to get a little uh... frisky that cat would jump up and lay directly in between us and shut it down. Throw it off the couch and it would jump right back up and stare at me. I have affectionately nicknamed the cat c*ck block kitty. I hate c*ck block kitty.
    Gordo, maybe it just likes the Beard.
    Diabetes. My wife had a problem with her insulin pump today and accidentally gave herself waaaaaaaaay too much insulin, and we had no idea how much...we were able to avoid a trip to the ER but it was scary for a while. Lots of glucose, juice, and hand holding over several hours and she's fine, but exhausted. Finally stabilized around dinner time and then just crashed.

Chronic illness of any sort just sucks.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Martel:
    Diabetes. My wife had a problem with her insulin pump today and accidentally gave herself waaaaaaaaay too much insulin, and we had no idea how much...we were able to avoid a trip to the ER but it was scary for a while. Lots of glucose, juice, and hand holding over several hours and she's fine, but exhausted. Finally stabilized around dinner time and then just crashed.

Glad she is ok brother.
  • EpitocomEpitocom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    Martel:

Glad to hear she was able to get stable! My Godmother was just diagnosed with it a few weeks ago and is slowly adjusting to it. I 2nd the chronic illness hatred.
    Epitocom:
    Martel:

Glad to hear she was able to get stable! My Godmother was just diagnosed with it a few weeks ago and is slowly adjusting to it. I 2nd the chronic illness hatred.
    Wife had had it (Type I) since she was little. Been using a pump for about 10 years now, since she was pregnant with our second. The pump is a godsend, but it still is a pain to worry about the condition all the time, and things can still happen...blessings to all with diabetes, and fight insurance to get more test strips than they think you need! Monitor the hell out of this sucker! It's great to check three times a day or whatever, but when you're trending low or high, you'll be checking every 20 minutes. Make the insurance recognize that. Some people don't have to worry as much as my wife does, but most will find they need to test more frequently than the doctor initially prescribes. Ask for more. And make sure you use the monitor with strips covered by your insurance. Sometimes the doc likes a specific monitor, but the basics are about the same. Save the money if you can on the strips.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    smoke em if you got em:
    Martel:

Glad she is ok brother.
    Dang that is scary! Glad she's o.k.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    50,000 new threads under general discussion every damn day!! am i just being an @ss
    Department of Labor but you can insert whatever department you have to deal with.... I get unemployment benefits because of plant shut down. Had not planned on this because company did this with 1 weeks notice. Long story short 5 days without pay unless you file for unemployment or use vacation. $20 difference between vacation and unemployment thus the unemployment for 2 weeks. Trying to file friggin claim and have been told that I do not qualify AND have been oh hold for 15 minutes.

Government agencies suck. BAR NONE. When in Army i knew this it has only gotten worse.

Just throw sand in the KY and get it over with... /Rant OFF
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    At midnight on New Years, people taking their guns outside and doing mag dumps into the air....Really!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    smoke em if you got em:
    50,000 new threads under general discussion every damn day!! am i just being an @ss
    Nope... Lots 'o Questions out dar
    There is what I assume is a small flat rate box in my mailbox and it's pushed so far to the front that the back side of the lock catches on the box and I can't get into the mailbox to figure out what it is. The suspense is killing me.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    smoke em if you got em:
    Martel:

Glad she is ok brother.

+1

smoke em if you got em:
    Martel:

Glad she is ok brother.

+1

Creating a blend for a new cigar, rolling it perfectly and finding that it has to go to the mulch pile!

• james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Selecting a nice cigar to smoke, grabbing my lighter and cutter, getting my bourbon or scotch setup, walking outside, sit down, cut the cigar and not being able to light the damn cigar because I was too excited to check fluid levels in the lighter.