Home Non Cigar Related

Things I Hate

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    kaspera79:
    Rain:
    jgibv:
    att uverse. keeps raising my rates. just got most recent bill and it's 185 for internet and tv...wtf
    whenever i call it takes forever to get through to a live customer support person and once i get someone i can hardly understand them through their accent.
    will be cancelling att by the end of the week. fvck em
    That's robbery! I pay 60 for just internet, and I would not go much higher then that.
    I have Comcast and the only way I ever get my bill pricing adjusted is to go to the store, never over the phone. Does ATT have a store front where you go and get equipment or pay bills. They may be more helpful if you discuss your dissatisfaction with them face to face, AND they speak English.
    We have an att wireless store nearby but never been in there....idk if that'd work. Not going to hassle with it though, pissed me off enough times I'm tired of dealing with them, sh!tty company IMO. The provider we had when we lived downtown, wowway, was great. Cheap, good customer service, and never any problems with the service. I have the parts ready to build an htpc and going to get a cable card from wowway and run the tv/DVR through that. Will use xbox360 to access tv and recorded shows on other Tvs in the house. And will pay $86/month for 15mbps internet and the top level tv package (only thing won't have is hbo/encore/showtime). Seems like a good deal to me and price is good through 2016 and no contract.
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    I'm a keyboard shortcut guy, I work in a CLI all day for my job, so I hate when I mix up keyboard shortcuts on different programs. For instance, sometimes I try to do an Alt+S to create this post (Outlook send email command) instead of hitting post.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Won't be the last time...Richard Sherman.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Hearing of the passing of Beatnic.......mother***, very sad.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    Vulchor:

+1
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    RBeckom:
    Vulchor:

+1
    came here to write the same...
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Thats really sad. When did that happen????
  • 0patience0patience Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,767
    roland_7707:
    Thats really sad. When did that happen????
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/740925.aspx
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Vulchor:
    what? wtf happened? Rip my friend.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    I was just telling my wife about his description of his Thanksgiving spread during one of the Vherf's. Made me want to go down there and hang out with him, he had a friendly demeanor and was an interesting guy. He wasn't much older than me so it makes you think, am I sure people know how I feel about them etc.. Just really sad...
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Damn. I've been wondering where he was, figured he was just getting over the holidays. Anyone know what happened?
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Amos Umwhat:
    Damn. I've been wondering where he was, figured he was just getting over the holidays. Anyone know what happened?
    No, haven't heard. I had just sent him a package, apparently the day after he died.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    Bent Valves and cracked heads.

Aj
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    Knowing that I will probably out live more of my friends and family. I would rather go first to spare me the grief and give someone else my last days.
    Having the following conversation with my wife...

Her: I hate paying our bills; you need to do it...
    Two Weeks Later
    Me: Honey, a bill is due, and I went to pay it, but you've already paid it.
    Her: Because you never pay the bills.
    Me: Because you pay them an hour before I get to it.
    Her: I can't NOT look at the bills, but I need you to pay them because I don't want to worry about them.
    Me: So, let me pay them. But, you know you'll keep worrying as long as you look at them.
    Her: So do something to get them lower.
    One Week Later
    Me: Honey, I can lower our internet bill, but we'll have to decrease our service a little.
    Her: Unacceptable, you need to lower it but find faster speeds! RARRRH RARRRH RARRHH (sounds of her biting my head off for trying to do what she says)

Next day
    Her: You could just get a part time job, but it can't be retail, commission, or take you away from home on weekends or any evenings you're not already working, because I'll get grumpy if I don't have enough time with you.
    Me: (Under my breath: let me work evenings and weekends, please, God!) Out loud: Honey, I've been looking for over a month, but I can't find anything.

Her: That's because you need to get creative.
    Me: Well what about this__________?
    Her: No, I don't want you to waste your time with that. You could just try lowering the bills...
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Martel:

Two Weeks Later
    Her: I can't NOT look at the bills, but I need you to pay them because I don't want to worry about them.
    Me: So, let me pay them. But, you know you'll keep worrying as long as you look at them.
    One Week Later
    Me: Honey, I can lower our internet bill, but we'll have to decrease our service a little.
    Her: Unacceptable, you need to lower it but find faster speeds! RARRRH RARRRH RARRHH (sounds of her biting my head off for trying to do what she says)

Next day
    Her: You could just get a part time job, but it can't be retail, commission, or take you away from home on weekends or any evenings you're not already working, because I'll get grumpy if I don't have enough time with you.
    Me: (Under my breath: let me work evenings and weekends, please, God!) Out loud: Honey, I've been looking for over a month, but I can't find anything.

Her: No, I don't want you to waste your time with that. You could just try lowering the bills...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm.

I was just thinking today:

"I hate that my wife hates practical effective solutions to the imaginary problems she creates for herself"

But, other than you guys, I don't think I'll tell anybody, it just makes it worse.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Very wise decision there Famous Amos..
    32F? Check.11F wind chill? Check.Time for PT.
    Amos Umwhat:
    Martel:

Two Weeks Later
    One Week Later

Next day

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm.

I was just thinking today:

"I hate that my wife hates practical effective solutions to the imaginary problems she creates for herself"

But, other than you guys, I don't think I'll tell anybody, it just makes it worse.
    I have one friend I can tell other than on here, but he's separated from his wife and going through a divorce, and they have a 1 year old kid. Makes me feel bad complaining about my wife.
    Rain:
    -15F? Check -30F wind chill? Check No work today... Nice
    Haha, the cold you're in is always worse than the cold outside!
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    kaspera79:
    Rain:
    -15F? Check -30F wind chill? Check No work today... Nice
    Stay warm out there, guys!
    And put on some extra layers, Randy!

car said 15 when I pulled out of the garage and the temp kept dropping the entire drive to work. i live pretty close so I'm pretty sure it would have gone lower if I wouldn't have shut the car off.
    -3 when I got to work....BRRR!!!!

• pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    Just got word that consideration of pay increases will not be factored into this year's budget. Hey 1 in 5 years ain't bad right?
    Getting all the tax information together. Damm I hate this time of year for so many reasons. I really should get more organized.
  • Thanatos0320Thanatos0320 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 444
    When you tell someone at a fast food restaurant "No ____ on my food" and you get it anyways
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 525
    Emails like this .....

DEPARTMENT OF THE ARMY
    DA WER SIERRA ARMY DEPOT
    314 JOHNSON STREET
    ABERDEEN PROVING GROUND MD 21
    Dear STEVEN M ROBB,
    This refers to the application you recently submitted to this office
    Vacancy ID: 1031276
    Agency: Army Tank-Automotive and Armament Command (TACOM)
    Considered For: W0MJAA MISSION MANAGEMENT
    Duty Location:
    Herlong Sierra Ordnance Depot, CA
    We have reviewed your application and found you qualified for the position listed above. However, you were not the most highly qualified candidate. Therefore, your name will not be referred to the employing agency at this time. If we receive a request from the agency for additional candidates, or another agency requests a list of eligibles for a very similar position within the next 90 days, your application will again be reviewed for possible referral.
    Thank you for your interest in Department of Army employment.

Thanatos0320:
    When you tell someone at a fast food restaurant "No ____ on my food" and you get it anyways
    Fast food places don't give a shitt, Any sit down or "nice" restaurant will make it right without the worry of "what are they going to do to my food now". At least that is my belief. I have never had food prepared incorrectly that I remember.
  • JMartinez10JMartinez10 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 296
    Hate having to make the tough decisions. This week my wife and I were given the task of signing off on a decision that for anyone is hard. Please think of your loved ones and have a living will and testament and also talk to them letting them know what you want when life decisions are needed.
    These sort of responsibilities make my issues seem insignificant. This is indeed a heavy burden.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    JMartinez10:
    Hate having to make the tough decisions. This week my wife and I were given the task of signing off on a decision that for anyone is hard. Please think of your loved ones and have a living will and testament and also talk to them letting them know what you want when life decisions are needed.
    Sorry to hear it. Even when there is a living will, though, it's tough.