Home Non Cigar Related

Things I Hate

Comments

• jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    The dang dog pulled me down last night on our walk....I took a hard spill on the sidewalk. And my a$$ cheek, knee, and elbow hurt like a SOB today.

Dog turned a corner, dug her claws into the snow/ice, and decided she wanted to try and start running .... not so good for me since my old work boots don't have the best traction.
    Guess I need to get some better boots, or snowshoes, something....because dang that hurt. Don't want to do that again, ouch!
    Stupid me....
  • cbuckcbuck Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 421
    I've had that happen in my house! Rotweiler Pit mix! Big dog! From the kitchen to the front door in 3 bounces! Hope you feel better soon. Charlie
    cbuck:
    I've had that happen in my house! Rotweiler Pit mix! Big dog! From the kitchen to the front door in 3 bounces! Hope you feel better soon. Charlie
    Thanks Charlie.
    Just real sore, bumps and bruises...been taking advil. I'm thankful it wasn't anything worse.

Dog's right about 80 lbs now (lab mix). She's pretty well behaved but every now and then she gets a big burst of energy on a walk and wants to do an all out sprint for a few hundred feet.....
    Not much you can do when she gets those legs moving....just try to plant your feet and hold on to her leash to stop her, or take off running with her. Neither of those are great options when there's snow and ice on the ground though.....
    Mine was just over 100lb. My 83 year old father was coming for a visit, and the dog just got excited when he showed up. She's gone now.
    :(
    cbuck:
    Mine was just over 100lb. My 83 year old father was coming for a visit, and the dog just got excited when he showed up. She's gone now.
    :(
    Sorry to hear about your loss, Charlie. That's tough - it breaks my heart to hear this.
    They really are 4-legged family members. Remember the good times you shared with her. I'm sure she is missed.

A lady in our office building always says that one of the greatest injustices of the world is that our pet's lives are much shorter than ours. And I certainly agree with her.
  • RBeckomRBeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    Old bones and the cold weather!
    Nuff said.
    That was over a year ago, but we had to put another down Dec 30th with cancer. The bad part was it wasn't diagnosed properly for 8 weeks, and she suffered a lot. She's in a better place now. The wifes pain hurts me even more, they were truly her babies. Thanks for the thoughts.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    I hate have a giant fu*king canker sore on the roof of my mouth that hurts like a b!tch b@stard.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Vulchor:
    I hate have a giant fu*king canker sore on the roof of my mouth that hurts like a b!tch b@stard.
    So I guess a cigar is out of the question for the next few days ?
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Smoked one last night, and could probably push through it------but Ill give it a break today.....d@mn.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Yeah, that guy certainly would qualify..
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    The fact that our society embraces Honey Booboo. Nuff said
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    macs-smokes:
    The fact that our society embraces Honey Booboo. Nuff said
    I'm torn, I agree with you, but the flip side of that coin is that our society embraces the schadenfreude of laughing at that poor little miserable brat and her family. It's just painful. Tried to watch a few minutes, to see for myself what the fuss was about, but I just couldn't take it.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    I haven't said anything about it yet but I got laid off last week.
    I went from working 60+ hours a week to nothing.
    It kinda hurts your pride as a man.

• lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    stephen_hannibal:

Holy ***, bro..... Sorry to hear that. Best of luck to you. Hope you get another job soon. In this day and age, you can't let this get to you. You're not alone....
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    stephen_hannibal:

Da hell man...and didnt tell your boys?
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    oh crap man! i was laid off 3 years ago, and it was a hard hard transition. I wish you the best of luck!

Aj
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    bandyt09:
    JoeyJoe
    Holy crap just when I had forgotten about him.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    smoke em if you got em:
    stephen_hannibal:

Think about what was going on last week mang. I couldnt bring it up.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,539
    stephen_hannibal:

Sorry to hear this brother, but you will bounce back, you will get a better job with better pay.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    stephen_hannibal:
    smoke em if you got em:
    stephen_hannibal:

Think about what was going on last week mang. I couldnt bring it up.
    Truth...but this week would of been ok...praying for you homie!!
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    stephen_hannibal:

I'm really sorry to hear that bro and I hope you find something soon. Do you have enough cigars??
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    hannibal, sucks. Hope things turn around.

Things I hate include not having any money. I stopped at a local B&M that's kind of out of my way since I was over that direction. I'm slowly wandering around looking for Regius cigars in the area. No joy, but what to my wandering eyes did appear but Opus X at (I think) MSRP. Freaking double coronas and reserva d' chateau. Sitting side-by-side. Three other vitola's too. No way I could get away with that without the wife noticing.
    att uverse. keeps raising my rates. just got most recent bill and it's 185 for internet and tv...wtf
    whenever i call it takes forever to get through to a live customer support person and once i get someone i can hardly understand them through their accent.
    will be cancelling att by the end of the week. fvck em
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Wiping my cornhole with a toilet seat cover because i didnt realize there was no TP left... friggin medieval...
    Jetmech_63:
    Wiping my cornhole with a toilet seat cover because i didnt realize there was no TP left... friggin medieval...
    Ouch. TP is one commodity I won't buy generic.
    jgibv:
    att uverse. keeps raising my rates. just got most recent bill and it's 185 for internet and tv...wtf
    whenever i call it takes forever to get through to a live customer support person and once i get someone i can hardly understand them through their accent.
    Comcast isn't any better. Bill just went up $20 just for internet.
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    jgibv:
    That's robbery! I pay 60 for just internet, and I would not go much higher then that.
    Rain:
    jgibv:
    That's robbery! I pay 60 for just internet, and I would not go much higher then that.
    I have Comcast and the only way I ever get my bill pricing adjusted is to go to the store, never over the phone. Does ATT have a store front where you go and get equipment or pay bills. They may be more helpful if you discuss your dissatisfaction with them face to face, AND they speak English.