Home Non Cigar Related

Things I Hate

Comments

• pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    5 years of work rewarded with yet another budget passed with no pay increase. Starting to regret the decision to go public sector. At this rate I should be able to retire around 90.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    My wife lost her job today...That's never a good day. Where can we cut spending? Cable, phone, food, don't pay the mortgage ? ummm. That's about it.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    kaspera79:
    My wife lost her job today...That's never a good day. Where can we cut spending? Cable, phone, food, don't pay the mortgage ? ummm. That's about it.
    sorry to hear that brother. I pray that things will work out
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Praying for you man, thats rough.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    kaspera79:
    Sorry about that best wishes for a better opportunity soon!
    Thanks guys, I know things will work out, somehow they always do.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    kaspera79:
    Just seen this! Oh Man, thats rough... Wish you the best and pray it dont attack your Cigar Budget!

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    kaspera79:
    Just seen this! Oh Man, thats rough... Wish you the best and pray it dont attack your Cigar Budget!

Aj
    I'll have to re-prioritize, (lol). Seriously though, I'm good for a while.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    smoke em if you got em:
    That fact that a supposed sunny day with a high of 71 just turned into pouring down rain and a tornado watch!! Aint that a ***?

That is common place here and having been destroyed by one already we can't ignore the warnings. I keep a very good and dependable hand held battery operated "all purpose" scanner by my bed. And all but 1 pre-sets are tuned to emergency weather alerts.
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    People that just don't know when it's time to RETIRE!!
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    perkinke:
    People that just don't know when it's time to RETIRE!!

You just described most of my shop .. with 8 of us around 38 average age is still 64 and we only have 43 in the shop...and 38 is the pups.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    This 8 months of winter crap here in Southern Ontario. Just wishing for summer temperatures already.
    1 Having not slept in two days now matter how hard I try. I can't get my mind to shut off. I can't seem to eat either. I'm a nervous wreck.
    2 Watching your relationship fall apart right before your eyes knowing there's nothing you can do about it.
    3 Being single again
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    pelirrojo:
    1 Having not slept in two days now matter how hard I try. I can't get my mind to shut off. I can't seem to eat either. I'm a nervous wreck.
    2 Watching your relationship fall apart right before your eyes knowing there's nothing you can do about it.
    3 Being single again
    Damn, bro...been there. Tough to go through. As to being single again, take the time to be single until all the pain is gone, ie: don't rush into anything. JMO.

Condolences, the death of the relationship can be as or more painful than the death of an individual.
    pelirrojo:
    3 Being single again
    Praying for you man.
    pelirrojo:
    3 Being single again
    Sorry to hear that Gordon, it's a struggle, time will heal....
    pelirrojo:
    3 Being single again
    LMK if you need anything
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    pelirrojo:
    3 Being single again

Been there done that and there is nothing anyone can say that will help....only time and the company of good friends.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    pelirrojo:
    3 Being single again
    I know its far for you still, but I will be in Burque this weekend if you need a friend....

Aj
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    The job sending me out of town on my birthday. No special day for me.
    Thanks for the well wishes guys. It wasn't a very long relationship, but it seemed to be going well from my point of view. It had been a bit rocky lately, but we had a few good heart to hearts about things we were both going to work on to make it better. I thought we were making progress and both willing to put in effort to make it work. Out of the blue she decided she just didn't feel a connection anymore, while I felt we were closer than ever. I really liked this one, but it takes two to tango. I had never felt so comfortable and at ease around a woman like this. I don't know if keeping my guard up a little more would have helped or hurt, but it is what it is. I live in the desert and there's more water than decent women, which is the real bummer out of all of this.

I didn't mean for my post to be overly dramatic. I'm just bummed and kind of in shock. I made sure we split amicably as I drive past her office on a daily basis and have already crossed paths with her once. I've learned an awful lot about myself through this and that is certainly a good thing. I need to take some time to focus on myself and the things I can control in my life. On the bright side, I busted the slump I was in, and as a major perk I can spend some evenings enjoying a cigar now! Life goes on gents. I'm sure there's another pleasant surprise around the next corner.
    pelirrojo:
    Thanks for the well wishes guys. It wasn't a very long relationship, but it seemed to be going well from my point of view. It had been a bit rocky lately, but we had a few good heart to hearts about things we were both going to work on to make it better. I thought we were making progress and both willing to put in effort to make it work. Out of the blue she decided she just didn't feel a connection anymore, while I felt we were closer than ever. I really liked this one, but it takes two to tango. I had never felt so comfortable and at ease around a woman like this. I don't know if keeping my guard up a little more would have helped or hurt, but it is what it is. I live in the desert and there's more water than decent women, which is the real bummer out of all of this.

I didn't mean for my post to be overly dramatic. I'm just bummed and kind of in shock. I made sure we split amicably as I drive past her office on a daily basis and have already crossed paths with her once. I've learned an awful lot about myself through this and that is certainly a good thing. I need to take some time to focus on myself and the things I can control in my life. On the bright side, I busted the slump I was in, and as a major perk I can spend some evenings enjoying a cigar now! Life goes on gents. I'm sure there's another pleasant surprise around the next corner.
    Sorry to hear that man, but good to see you looking at the positives already. Feel what ya feel when ya need to, no matter what anyone else says you should do or be.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Okay, adding another one. Losing my review notes for a new cigar. That's what I get for typing them into my tablet while I smoke. The browser crashed and lost everything! Garrrr.
    Weeks that are just one frustration stacked on top of another.
    Finding out that i have a sinus infection and a staph cyst in my nose. This sucks.
    roland_7707:
    Finding out that i have a sinus infection and a staph cyst in my nose. This sucks.
    Damn...feel better!
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    2 of the new windows that were installed 3 months ago .... leaked on the inside of the house this weekend, when we got our first real rain of the season ....

F*ckin' p!ssed.
    That the term "smoke shop" is virtually synonymous with "head shop" in my area. Got all excited that a new smoke shop opened within walking distance of my house. I drove by on errands to check the hours to see if I could make it down later and then saw that their windows and website name prominently featured waterpipes and blunt wrappers only. Damn. Not even gonna waste my time seeing if they have stogies as well or not.
  • TheGOATTheGOAT Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 69
    I hate getting out of the shower in the morning and realizing that I have to drop a deuce. A post shower $h|t. Daniel Tosh said it well: "You ever have a post-shower $h|t! UGH! You might as well go back to bed and start your whole day over. Things are wrong. That’s not the order of events!"
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    TheGOAT:
    I hate getting out of the shower in the morning and realizing that I have to drop a deuce. A post shower $h|t. Daniel Tosh said it well: "You ever have a post-shower $h|t! UGH! You might as well go back to bed and start your whole day over. Things are wrong. That’s not the order of events!"
    LOL Yep. Like the first bug to hit your windshield after you wash the car. It's a downer.