Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Good Traders and Stand up Folks.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    bbc020:
    AF Spanish Lonsdale Had many AFs, not this particular size
    One minor point of correction, I sent you and 8-5-8 Flor Fina...my personal favorite of the sizes I've tried in the standard Fuente line.

Oh, and I got my movie pack today as well from JDorias. A nice selection of cigars including a RP Decade, Gurkha Titan II, Punch Gran Puro and Fuente Sun Grown cuban belicoso. A nice looking pack, thanks Jeff.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I've been remiss in failing to post a shout-out for Feebs. We swapped some stogies recently, and he not only came through on the trade, he threw in a very nice smoke bomb, including an Oliva MB3. Thanks, Feebs!
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Hey all -

Just had to drop on here and give a big shout out to Robert69165, who has proven himself an amazingly outstanding trader on this forum. He offered to work out a trade so he could establish himself here, and he came through in a way that goes far above and beyond any expectations. He mailed a package with such lightning speed that I gave mine to the mailman at the same time that Robert's box was dropped off. He included 10(!!!) cigars, but none finer than an OpusX Aged Selection 2005 (sweet Jesus). A couple of my old favorites (RP 1992 and 90, Onyx) some exciting new stuff (Brazilia, Edge Lite) and some classics (Padron, Montecristo).... Great stuff, Robert! I can't wait to dive into these! I hope you like the stuff in your package as well.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    holly cow, that opus is fantastic!!! I'll be Roberts mooch any time! lol..

mustluvcigars sent me a great package from my make a wish thread. Threw in 3 olivia V maduros, a CAO brazilian and a RP conni which well I haven't had any of them yet. Thanks a lot for the smokes!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Nothing brightens a Monday like getting home and finding a cigar package waiting on you. Received Ron's (rdnstn) F&G pack today. Outstanding and 6 smokes I have never had (this still amazes me how many cigars we try and there is always more to go/we don't know about). A Winston Churchill Chequers (never had-looks great), La Aroma de Cuba-I know some of you have had these but I have not-looks great as well, Gurkha Regent-Have been wanting to try this one for a while -looks good enough to eat instead of smoke, Another Gurkha cedar wrapped but not being that familiar with Gurkha not sure which one it is(Ron help me out here buddy),Habanero 87 and a Habanera 78 after reading about I cant wait to smoke and compare...An outstanding assortment and all new to me you can't beat that. Ron you are an outstanding BOTL, thanks so much. :):):)
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Brandon.. bbc020, only goes top shelf guys. I got a package from him today for a Movie trivia game and this had some top flyers in it.. A Padron 1964 Anniversary, A Fuentes Hemingway, a Padilla Signature 1932, a La Aurora Preferido Cameroon ( special sized) Robusto, a La Aroma De Cuba, and a Torano Virtuoso. I look forward to the summer ahead to enjoy each of these fine gifts. I may hold off on the Padron to see what some age can do for it, But no way I will stay away from the Padilla... Thanks Brandon, your are very generous..
    well mr. Wheelie and I did some bombing between each other and wow I must say he threw in some nice ones... Don Carlos 30th anniv., sol cubana artisan, olivia v maduro, gurkha triple ligero, gurkha elegance, gurkha holly grails, 5 vegas cask 2, monte buena fortuna, partagas 150... Thanks is all I can say with my mouth on the floor... =)
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Just got home from NC today and had Sdip's half of a trade we worked out waiting on me. Everything was in great shape and as promised, thanks Sdip, I'd trade with you any time.
    Got his end of our trade. He wanted to get his name on the good trader list and he gets it, and well deserved. Prompt shipping and cigars were packed safely. Thanks man, yours will be leaving the nest here asap!!!
  • robert69165robert69165 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 219
    Hey dutyje! Just wanted to give you a shout and thank you for all the great cigars. dutyje sent me i nub camaroon, 1nub habano, 1 Padillo habano, 1 Ashton VSG, 1 Casa magna, 1 RP connecticut, 1 Romeo y Julieta and 1 Padron 1964 Anniversary. What a deal!!!! Thanks Joe for the great smokes!!!! I can't wait to dive into them. THanks for the great trade!!!
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Big ups to Jozer, we set up a box split and Joe came through with his end and included 4 nice hand rolled sticks out of appreciation. Thanks again Jozer, you're one generous BOTL in my book.
    And I got the cigar half of the box split with bbc. Oh man, those cigars look great, 4 are going away, 1 is getting smoked like...now.
    BBC and I hooked up for a box split with some other characters, and he sent me my end already with payment on the way. A great guy and a great BOTL!
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    You should be getting my PIF package tomorrow or tuesday j0z3r. let me know what you think!
  • agctribefanagctribefan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 45
    Just got my package from kaspera79 for the movie trivia. What an awesome set of sticks! Mentioned that I wanted to try a gurkha blue steel so he threw one in along with; a Nording (wanted to try), Gurkha Titan, FG Power, CAO Black, Padilla Obsidian (a fav), and a Graycliff 1666 torp (another fav). Very nice bomb. Thank you very much. Now someone needs to answer thebody's question so I can send out his bomb.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    Forgot to post yesterday, but I received my PIF package from Jozer yesterday and man was it a great one. 7 awesome sticks and the only one that I have had before is the La Gloria Cubana. I can't wait to try the others a La Aurora 100 Anos, a Bohemian Cuban Corojo, an Oliva Series O Special S, a Fuente, a 5 Vegas Relic, and a Joyade Nicaragua Antano. I'm not sure which Fuente it is so help me out here Joe, but no Fuente is bad and I may have had this one, just not this particular size. Thanks brother for the awesome PIF.
    rdnstn:
    I'm not sure which Fuente it is so help me out here Joe, but no Fuente is bad and I may have had this one, just not this particular size. Thanks brother for the awesome PIF.
    8-5-8 flor fina. Enjoy 'em.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    j0z3r:
    rdnstn:
    I'm not sure which Fuente it is so help me out here Joe, but no Fuente is bad and I may have had this one, just not this particular size. Thanks brother for the awesome PIF.
    8-5-8 flor fina. Enjoy 'em.

I smoked one of them that Duty sent me. A VERY good stick. Typical AF taste and burn charactheristics. You should enjoy them.
    Holy overachiever batman...can you say good trader? Because I can say understatement of the year. I got a pif pack today from our own pork strip loving guy bacon.jay. Ok. let me set the stage here...first of all: the box was unnaturally large, first odd thing, second:The box smelled of cookies. Ok, so I open it up and I smell cookies, move a piece of plastic aside and....COOKIES!!!, bacon sent me a little container of assorted, home made cookies (by the way bacon, the bar cookies are superb, is it toffee or butterscotch?). Alright, cookies are great, let's get to the cigars...I pluck out a bag containing a very nice selection of cigars: Gurkha Titan II, Gurkha Doble Maduro toro, 5 Vegas A toro, 5 Vegas Limitada 2008, Oliva Serie G cameroon toro, Oliva Serie G maduro torpedo, Don Kiki Red Label torpedo...awesome bag. So I am pulling the packing material out of the box when what do I see?, low and behold there is a little box containing a Xikar Mean Sardine cutter, sweet....oh yeah, and another bag of cigars hiding underneath everything else, this one contains a Camacho Pre Embargo and an Onyx Reserve toro.

Ok, first things first. Bacon.jay, thanks for such an awesome pif, it is approximately 5x better than it needed to be. Second: Dude...really? I'm in awe here, this is the first pif I've gotten that went so far overboard. Good times.

Ok, so the skinny. Bacon.jay = good Fantabulous trader. Thanks again man....oh, and don't get to comfortable with your mailbox, someday when you least expect it a bomb will come and thoroughly level the box, post and probably your neighbor's house. Just sayin....:)
    some people just keep raising the bar. wow, nice goodies you got their jozer.
    Jozer and I worked out a trade and he sent a few extras, even a Warlord, I wasn't expecting that (you really want to get rid of them...), and a olivia MB 2, vegas relic too. Thanks man, I have your end coming, should have left today.
    Those Warlords are just kinda taking up space, I don't mind having some, but I have way more than I can hope to smoke....they're coming up on a year in the humi...maybe it's time to break one out.
    They didn't do much for me to be honest.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 718
    I'm really glad to see that they safely arrived, lol. I was getting kinda worried because I didn't have a tracking number for them and I hadn't heard anything yet. I hope you enjoy yourself, but i probably don't need to worry about that:)

The cookies are all mom's homemade goodies. The graham cracker ones you speak of she calls "Presto Praline cookies". They are a HUGE favorite of mine as well.

Speaking of awesome traders, I just got my PIF from Jetmech_63 today and this guy puts out some top-flight sticks!! 6 superb sticks starting with an Oliva Master Blends III Double Robusto, followed by a La Aurora E. Leon Robusto, a RP ITC 10th Anniversary Toro, a Gurkha Regent Toro, Bolivar Lonsdale, and an A.F. Hemmingway Classic!! I can't wait to light them up, as i've heard so much about all of them and yet have never smoked any of them!
    bacon.jay:
    The cookies are all mom's homemade goodies. The graham cracker ones you speak of she calls "Presto Praline cookies". They are a HUGE favorite of mine as well.
    Praline...that's what it was. I knew the taste but couldn't put my finger right on it. Tell your mom she does good work, those cookies didn't even last me a day, just gobbled 'em right up.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    I received a bomb from robert69165 today. It consisted of:
    Punch
    A fuente Gran Reserva
    Padilla Obsidian
    Felipe Dominicana
    Alec Bradley Overture
    Indian Tabac Maduro

They all look like great smokes. I cannot express my gratitude, rob.
    Anyone lucky enough to get bombed by him should be excited ^_^
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    As part of a trade, I told j0z to throw whatever he wanted my way, though I did request several cigars. When the package arrived today, I found not only the three cigars I requested, but NINE cigars. The first was a Padilla 1932 torpedo, which he included because he said this was the proper one to smoke, and I'm very excited to try it. The next is a Padilla Corojo Edicion Especial 2006, which I've heard great things about (insofar as the flavor is concerned, I heard it's a powerhouse.) Then another Padilla, this one the Limitado Edicion Especial 2006, which I've not heard of, but it smells fantastic. Then an Aurora 1495 series (La Aurora is something I've been dying to try!) and a Barrel Aged. I also got a Man O' War, which have been getting great reviews from you guys, a Gurkha Legend Silver Edition, and what must be one of my favorite cigars that I've ever had (I actually had one in the humidor that I smoked today, and am so happy to have another now) a Camacho Triple Maduro!!! If any of you have the pleasure of trading with anyone, I really hope it's J0z3r. Fantastic guy, I'll be throwing something his way again soon enough!
    And I too received my end of the aforementioned trade with betasynn. I'm looking at four A. Fernandez signature cigars, one of each size, let me tell ya they look awesome. So we add another one of them good trading, stand up folks to our ranks.

Thanks for the trade.
  • bass8844bass8844 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 416
    Just recieved a package from joz3r. He came through for me with some hard to find sticks.

I think you guys already know, Joe is as good as they get.

Thanks buddy.
    I received my end of the trade with bass8844, good stuff. In addition to the agreed upon trade, he also included a whole host of extras including some cigar I've really wanted to try. Thanks for the trade Brian, but now you're on my bomb list because of those extras. :)