Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Good Traders and Stand up Folks.

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    dutyje:
    Some of you people have spent more on gifts for someone you chat with on the internet than I spent on gifts for my wife in the last year.
    I don't know who that speaks of more, you or the general population here. Hmmm.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    The mass bombing spree unleashed on my house had a victim. In all the confusion I forgot to thank Brandon(bbc) for the kick ass package that included every size of Cusano Cameroon and a couple other great smokes. Once again I think this great BOTL.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Big Ups top our Brother Alien who dropped a superb Rocky Patel bomb on me as i was getting off the ship!! Including a Legends Orange Label which is next on deck in the smoking lineup. Thanks a ton for the offerings bro, but you did declare war first....hope you brought your kevlar back from Iraq with you!!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Bring it sea dog!
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    first Welcome Back Chief...

second Lasabar is back...He is asking to make things right before he left abruptly (personal reasons). He owed me a PIF before life got in the way but he was a upstanding trading prior to that. If he comes through on the PIF, I have no issue putting him back on the good trader list. Anybody got issues with this?
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Bad Andy:

second Lasabar is back...He is asking to make things right before he left abruptly (personal reasons). He owed me a PIF before life got in the way but he was a upstanding trading prior to that. If he comes through on the PIF, I have no issue putting him back on the good trader list. Anybody got issues with this?
    Not me... I believe that, as you said Life got in the way.. I traded with him and Lassie was always great to have around.. I for one will be glad to welcome our old friend back to our esoteric cloister.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Got a package from Laker today, offered me some padron 26 maddy's, and even threw in some nice CAO's and RP's... Laker you are in my book a truly generous person. Thanks bud!
    kaspera79:
    Bad Andy:

Not me... I believe that, as you said Life got in the way.. I traded with him and Lassie was always great to have around.. I for one will be glad to welcome our old friend back to our esoteric cloister.
    He was greatly missed, if Urby didn't say it then Lassy did and vise versa.
    Just got my F'n'G package from Brandon (bbc020) a few minutes ago. Man, he knocked this one out of the park. All the sticks showed up in prime condition, it was really hard to not smoke one right out of the box. Out of the 7 sticks he sent, two I have had before and love both (Onyx Reserve and Cusano 18 Paired Maduro) and the other 4 I have been dying to try (Tatuaje Reserva J21, Partagas Black, Carlos Torano Virtuoso, CAO LX2, and LFD Double Ligero). Awesome job Brandon, but be warned, there will be retribution. Excellent trader, thanks again man!
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Lassie's back??? What'd he fall down a well or something? Sure he drinks Miller Lite, but he's good people.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Luko:
    Lassie's back??? What'd he fall down a well or something? Sure he drinks Miller Lite, but he's good people.
    Lassie's back for real?
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    alienmisprint:
    Just got my F'n'G package from Brandon (bbc020) a few minutes ago. Man, he knocked this one out of the park. All the sticks showed up in prime condition, it was really hard to not smoke one right out of the box. Out of the 7 sticks he sent, two I have had before and love both (Onyx Reserve and Cusano 18 Paired Maduro) and the other 4 I have been dying to try (Tatuaje Reserva J21, Partagas Black, Carlos Torano Virtuoso, CAO LX2, and LFD Double Ligero). Awesome job Brandon, but be warned, there will be retribution. Excellent trader, thanks again man!

Glad it arrived in good condition.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Luko:

Heh Hey Hey!!! what kinda crack is that???
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    I have a new Miller Lite buddy?????
    Yeah he's trying to come back on here, he just wanted to set things right first. I got no issues with it. Hvaen't seen him actually on the boards yet but I have talked to on PM.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Got my end of a trade with Joz3r last night. Much more than I had expected. Thanks a bunch man! I can't wait to try those padillas.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    And I got my end of another trade with our resident Alien, yesterday. Everything ship-shape and Bristol fashion. Thanks, Alien! (The Humi-Pillow leaked ever so slightly, btw. I've stopped putting them in packages just for that reason. YMMV, of course.)
    I recieved a package that the pillow leaked on a little. Cigars were fine, but yeah, I think I'm gonna ere on the side of caution and leave them out from now on too.

Just got in my PIF from Laker. Man, either he knows me or just has damn good taste himself, lol. He hit me with one of my all time favorites (MX2), one I have really been wanting to try (Vigilante), and four other great sticks! Thanks Laker, I sppreciate it man, top notch trader!
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    I think the pillow leakage is pressure-related. If the cigars are packed tightly, and the pillow is full, it will burst. I've only received one burst pillow, and it came in a tightly-packed box. I've used pillows quite a bit in my tupperdors, and I've never had one leak.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Glad you got them and they survived Alien. Enjoy.
    Was the burst pillow in the Package I sent?
    When I send them out I make sure of two things.
    1 The pillow is NEVER full. I will use older pillows which are only maybe half expanded. That gives them a little squeeze room before they pop.
    2 I always either put the pillow into a different bag or I leave it loose in the box outside of the bag with the cigars. That way if it should burst it won't get on the sticks themselves.
    I have been wondering about these things popping when they are being shipped via air. I know there is a major temp. difference in the cargo hold of planes, and I wonder if changes in air pressure would have an effect. I know that these are NOT sealed, but they can be pressureized (like when they are full of water) so I wonder how much extra pressure would make one pop. It's not like they blow up or anything.
    Nah, I got the popped pillow a few packages ago. It just leaked a little bit onto the cello of two sticks, not really a big deal.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Got a pif from laker today. Good looking pack with some cigars I've tried and liked and some I have yet to try...like that Vigilante maduro, hope it's good. Thanks for a good pack Doug, all of the cigars seem to have come out fine, so no harm as far as the packaging goes.
    Talk about a bombing......I got three boxes in today, two expected and one I was unaware of.

First up, I got the pack from Rob for the movie trivia. Man, you nailed it. I love the La Aurora Barrel Aged, but have only had the Robusto. I cannot wait to try the Churchill, along with a R&J Reserve Maduro. Not to mention the other sticks in the box, man, I cannot thank you enough.

Next up was a box from Kevin/zoom6zoom (man it got here fast) for a PIF. Another big thanks over that way, another one of my favorite sticks there, the Padilla Obsidian. Along with that, there was a 5 Vegas Limitada '08 (a stick I just wished for over on the MAW thread), a Perdomo ESV seconds, and 3 other excellent sticks.

Finally, I got straight blowed up by the last one. Ole' Vinnie decided to hit me back with a totally uncalled for amount of munitions. Let me break down how precise this bomb was- I have one Graycliff 1666 in my humidor that I have been wanting to smoke for about a week now but I haven't because it was my last one. BAM! Graycliff 1666 (with a year of age on it nonetheless). Okay, so this morning I went out and had my last Bolivar lonsdale and said, "Man, I need to order a few more of these." BAM! Two Bolivar Lonsdales. A few days ago, I wished for any 5 Vegas Limitadas on the MAW thread. BAM! An '06 and '07. I was just talking to a buddy yesterday about how good the CAO MX2 was and he was telling me how much he enjoyed the CX2, so I had decided to go and pick one up today. BAM! CAO CX2. Not to mention, along with all those precision munitions, the wayward shrapnel was still on point, a Gurkha Regent (one of my favorite sticks), a RP Renassaince (a stick I have been dying to try), and a frikkin' Opus X. Oh, you will recieve a severe backlash for this one sea dog, count on it.

Thank you to all three of youse guys though, all excellent traders in my book.
    Glad you liked em' Welcome home Bro! and enjoy the smokes!
    And to top it all off, got my end of a trade with Urbino a few minutes ago. Sticks all arrived in excellent condition, if I wasn't smoking when the FedEx arrived, I probably would've fired one of them up, lol. Thanks again Urb, you're okay in my book!
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Glad they arrived in good shape, Alien. I'll trade with you any day.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Alien, glad you liked the assortment!

I just returned home from a week on the road (SW Virginia) and had a PIF package from j0z3r waiting for me. A well crafted seven round salvo; three sticks I've had and enjoyed, and a few I've had on my "must try" list, including a Benchmade and a Liga Privada No. 9 Parejo Oscuro. That one's going to rest up for a bit and come out for a special occasion. Joe does it again!
    So, I was out trying to clean up the debris that once was the staircase to my apartment when guess what happened. BAM! Absolutely uncalled for artillery from Dep691. Wow is all I can say about this bomb, man, talk about going above and beyond. Dep, you've got a PM.
    Got my end of a trade with Laker from up north. And he included a helluva bomb! Sol Cubanos, Fusions, Nubs...Oh the humanity! Two thumbs up for Doug for sending way more than expected! But your timing is off buddy, i havent sent your package yet, and i've pulled it out of the breech for re-arming and calibration...be ready :)
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Glad they found you Jet. A nice selection of Man 'O wars is what we have now :)
    As for the return fire... I have put on my helmet and cup :) Please bear in mind that we are a peace loving, gentle folk.
    I have let the RCAF know about the incoming ordinance, and they have agreed not to scramble either of our two F-18's in order to intercept your package.
    Last time the silly basturd's shot it right out of the air. Said something about never gettin' to shoot anything real, and then just left me there muttering about the bit's 'o cigars all over the fu-kin' ground. :(~
    I thought you said you had already loaded that package with a "HOT" charge!!?
    NOW !! you plan to "re-arm"!!!? I'll be walking around all week with that deer in the headlights look on my face, constantly checking over my shoulder, waiting for this thing to hit !