Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Good Traders and Stand up Folks.

Comments

• bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    madurofan:
    The CAO Habano is an exclusive to my local B&M. I imagine you;ve heard about CAO's aging room in Tennessee where they keep their limited run cigars. Anyways the owner of my local B&M bought this entire line and designed the band and all. You'll never find that cigar any where else, and she's pricey but I dig it.
    This is a good stick. Had one while visiting and have another one resting.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    bbc020:
    madurofan:
    The CAO Habano is an exclusive to my local B&M. I imagine you;ve heard about CAO's aging room in Tennessee where they keep their limited run cigars. Anyways the owner of my local B&M bought this entire line and designed the band and all. You'll never find that cigar any where else, and she's pricey but I dig it.
    Its better with a little age on it. Did you try the Vintage by Camacho he has there?
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Alright, had a little (well, if you consider 20 cigars little) trade with sdip. I sent away ten of my Rocky Patel Fusion MMs, and ten Sol Cubano Cuban Cabs, and received a nice return with a variety of cigars! First of all, five each of the Apex and the archetype 5 Vegas 'A', which I LOVE (and I have to say, those Apex look pretty sweet... I'll hold off as long as I can but I'm sure I'll probably smoke at least one in the next couple of days...) Next, I got four Victor Sinclair Bohemians, which I've never tried or heard of, but look really nice. Also got a pair of Rocky Patel R4's, and I am a big Rocky fan, so I'm excited to try those. Two more Rocky Patel Olde World Maduro's, which I enjoy heartily. Last but not least, a pair of Padilla Obsidians. I've heard great things about them with some age on 'em, so I threw 'em in the aging humi. Big thanks to you, sdip!
    madurofan:
    bbc020:
    madurofan:
    Its better with a little age on it. Did you try the Vintage by Camacho he has there?
    no...maybe I'll pick up a couple when I'm down in a couple weeks.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    bbc020:
    madurofan:
    bbc020:
    madurofan:
    I thought I got you one or had got you to get one. Its the one with the emersons band but has Vintage by Camacho on the foot.
    madurofan:
    bbc020:
    madurofan:
    bbc020:
    madurofan:
    I thought I got you one or had got you to get one. Its the one with the emersons band but has Vintage by Camacho on the foot.
    I recall the suggestion, but I'm pretty sure I neglected to try it. I even remember seeing them in the Norfolk shop.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Got my movie trivia pack/trade in from Beta today. Talk about going above and beyond, he hit me with several nice sticks (can't wait to try the Tatuaje Havana, I love the Miami) but topped it off with a Graycliff Double Espresso. It is going to be hard to let it sit, I want to give it a couple of months before I try it. And on the trade, he came through with 7 awesome looking sticks, the La Bonitas, even more cigars I can't wait to try, lol. Thanks again Beta, I really do appreciate it.
    Glad it got to you safe and sound, bud.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Got a bomb in the saturday mail from our resident alien . First up was a baggie full of cookies from the Honolulu Cookie Company--gourmet cookies and they are delicious ! Now on to the cigars ...really Tony you sent a awsome collection of 6 sticks , 5 of which I've never had ! Lets start with a MOW a smoke I enjoy and the only one in here I've had. A Vigilante S/G , heard a lot about ...a AB Pryme Gold Series(looks so good),a CI Anniversary , A La Aurora Perfecto Conni ( I want to lite it now) and a DE Natural Irish Hops (looks great). Tony I'm sitting here typing this while drinking a Duplin Winery Hatteras Red wine you also recommended ( it is quite good and sorta what I was looking for in a red wine) Damn man I owe ya ...thanks for the great cigars and cookies and the wine suggestion as well you are a true BOTL ...Thanks a ton ...Gene
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Tony and I have sort of an Army/Navy game going with the bombs and he just scored a touch down!!! A CI Anniversary, a MOW in an interesting shape, 2 Vigilantes that i cant find, a RP Decade second...equally impossible to find, A Xikar Defiance(SWEET), Gurkha legend!! Another i've been dying to try just havent gotten around to it. And a la aurora preferido in conn. Dude! A totally awesome bomb, thank you so much! You are so done! Incoming mother of all hail marys!!
    Glad everything got there okay for both of youse guys.

Gene - Yeah, the Duplin County Winery makes some good stuff, the Hatteras Red is probably my third or fourth favorite from them. If you find any, definatley pick up some Uncorked, it is one they made for the Muscadine Festival this year, so it was a limited run. Glad you dig it though, most people I know who have tried the Duplin stuff like it quite a bit.

Vinnie - bring it squidly.
    alienmisprint:

Gene - Yeah, the Duplin County Winery makes some good stuff, the Hatteras Red is probably my third or fourth favorite from them. If you find any, definatley pick up some Uncorked, it is one they made for the Muscadine Festival this year, so it was a limited run. Glad you dig it though, most people I know who have tried the Duplin stuff like it quite a bit.

The Hatteras Red I really like . Do they sell the Uncorked in the stores or do you have to order it since its limited ? I'd love to try it if I can find it. The Carolina Red , the Bald Head Red are two more I want to try and even though the Queen Ann's Revenge is more costly I would like to give it a shot as well...
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:

The Hatteras Red I really like . Do they sell the Uncorked in the stores or do you have to order it since its limited ? I'd love to try it if I can find it. The Carolina Red , the Bald Head Red are two more I want to try and even though the Queen Ann's Revenge is more costly I would like to give it a shot as well...
    At the winery you can taste each of their wines before you make a purchase, so I have tried pretty much all the reds. The Carolina Red was my favorite until I tried the Uncorked and the Sunset Red. Queen Ann's Revenge was very good too, and the Bald Head wasn't bad, but not at the top of my list. As far as selling the Uncorked in stores, I don't know if they do or not. I got from the winery and mailed it back to Hawaii. If you like the Hatteras, I think you will like the Carolina, Uncorked, and Sunset better, but taste is subjective.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    Just got my package from Brsmith21 for answering the movie trivia pass. Great selection he sent! He's the man.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    BRSmith is at it again......Got my PIF today from him....7 cigars, not just the 3 required and all very nice sticks of varying wrappers and sizes and brands-----this guys a keeper!!!!!!Thanks alot BR
    alienmisprint:
    gmill880:
    alienmisprint:

At the winery you can taste each of their wines before you make a purchase, so I have tried pretty much all the reds. The Carolina Red was my favorite until I tried the Uncorked and the Sunset Red. Queen Ann's Revenge was very good too, and the Bald Head wasn't bad, but not at the top of my list. As far as selling the Uncorked in stores, I don't know if they do or not. I got from the winery and mailed it back to Hawaii. If you like the Hatteras, I think you will like the Carolina, Uncorked, and Sunset better, but taste is subjective.

Thanks Tony
    Give it up to Doug (laker) he sent a tremendous PIF package all the way from the west coast of Canada. I'm impressed it made it here in such good time. The huskies must be working over time. Thanks Doug, great selection of sticks, with plenty of favorites.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    Glad they made it to you Brandon.
    You bring up a good point. When I send something to the US it usually makes it in a week or so. Packages coming the other way can sometimes take two and a half weeks to make the journey. Not sure why?
    Oh, oh, so I got Tony's package as per our trade. I forgot to tell Tony I relocated for the summer, so it got sent to my school. My school, which has my address I should add, thought they should send the package instead to Boston, where I'm from. So my dad called yesterday: "Joe, you have a package. From Hawaii." I had him open it and go through the cigars, which included the MAXX's and AVOs I'd asked for as well as a variety of others, ranging from a Rocky Patel Cuban Blend to a Gurkha. I'm not doing this guy justice, but he's hands-down the best person I've traded with. If you ever get an opportunity, this guy is the best.

Oh, and Tony, could you PM me what you sent me? My dad sort of doesn't know a TON about cigars, so he was pretty vague as to what I got. Thanks again, bud!

Got my movie trivia pack from J today, great selection of sticks, several of my favorites. Among them was a CAO MX2 (I was on my last one), a Legends Orange Label (my favorite of the Legends series), a Arturo Fuente (not sure which variety it is, it has a black-bottom band like the Don Carlos and is a torpedo , but has a cedar sleeve), a big-ass MoW Salomon, and a Padilla Series '68 (always a welcome gift). Thank you very much for the excellent sticks, I appreciate. I'd trade with you any day.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I forgot to give Gene some love in here...He sent me a pack of some nicely aged Cusano Hermanso Vintage churchills that he found in a cigar shop plus some other nice, and unexpected cigars that I'm thrilled to have. Gene, you're a top-flight guy in my book. Thanks, as always, for the generosity and the great smokes.
    Prop's to Pheebs. Once again the Squirrel has struck. He included an awesome Padron 80th Anniversary Stic and then just for kicks threw in a tin of the 5 Vegas Shorty's.
    Then he tried to pass it off as "Not a Bomb" just a little extra included with the Pass.
    He may have piggy backed it along with a pass, but this will not go unanswered, I know collateral damage when I receive it :)
    Got to think of something unique and unusual for this one. Heads up Squirrel boy.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Got my package today for the Fun and Games question about Hotel Chain and number of rooms. As Im sure many of you know, JOZ3R-------A great trader. The kind sir sent double the amount required and several smokes I have either not had before, or have failed to smoke in some time. Also in varying sizes...which is always a plus. I certainly hope to deal with this guy again!
    Got home to a mushroom cloud still hanging over my house from a direct NUCLEAR hit from my west coast buddy j0z3r. Holy Cow did he ever lite it up!!! First off otta the pack a LFD Ligero Oscuro, nope never had that one and it looks and smells great , then a 5 Vegas 2009 Limitada ...never had that one either andI'm looking so forward to it , then a El Cobre which I've never had but it looks great. 3 Tasty looking smokes! Now ...pull your chairs up a little closer chillun and listen to this ...a Box of 10 Corona Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994... These are impossible to find anywhere ...Need I say anything else ...this has to be one of my top 3 smokes of all time !!! If we had a Hall Of Fame Good Traders List I nominate Joe as the first inductee ...My hat is off brother that was an awsome hit ...The generosity of something so unselfish and giving of some of the BOTL on here is beyond belief ... THANK YOU MISTER j0z3r
    Just got a bomb from Vinnie, and he went a little overboard. Among the debris of what used to be my mailbox, I found a Padron 64 Anniversary, a Don Carlos Edicion Aniversario, a Joya De Nicaragua Antano, a MoW Ruination, an IT Super Fuerte, a Gurkha Doble Maduro, a Torano Virtuoso, and a frikkin Oliva V Maduro (I have been looking for one of these and have not yet been able to find any). Nice job Vinnie, I owe you one.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Just stopping by to give alien props. He only had to send three cigars for the mystery game, but sent three more as well. All look and smell great, and the Nording I can't wait to try. As I'm sure most of you already know he is a stand up guy, but I just had to stop by and confirm this again.
    cholmes8310 sent me three good sticks for the mystery cigar game, including my first Perdomo2 which was a fantastic cigar! This guy is a great trader, if you get the chance, you will not be disappointed trading with him!
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 207
    Got the Movie Trivia package from Garen today. Sent me four nice smokes including a RP Summer I've been wanting to try, an Obsidian, Nub Habano and a CAO Brazilia. Thanks!
    I Have been away for a day or two so never had chance to check my mail. Yesterday my son found a parcel from robert69165, it was my mooch package. I never got to open it until today and wholly mother of god man ! Anybody not involved in the passes or trades lately is missing out on some top notch cigars being passed around. Now this one from robert69165 is completely off the charts ! Check this out...
    1 - Edge Lite Toro
    2 - CAO Gold Maduro Churchill
    3 - CAO America Robusto Box pressed
    4 - Gurkha Regent Toro
    5- Alec Bradley Tempus in a size I can't find anywhere. I have looked and found what they call all 5 sizes of this stick but none of them match the measurments of this one, in either length or shape.
    6 - Now get this guys... this one makes robert a member of the Hall of Fame here at C.Com... a 2005 Opus X Forbidden X Lancero !!!!!
    Now Robert has comp-letely hit this one out of the park. This is too much bro'. You are now officially on my hit list. I am presently stocking up for a few incendiary devices. Me thinks you made the list . Thanks Robert... obviously a fantastic trader and stand up guy.
    Oh yeah, by the way Robert? If you ever decide to ask the question again... never mind just put me down as your mooch and we'll go from there ;) Thank You Robert TOO GENEROUS bro'.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Vulchor is a great trader. Just opened my mailbox and was greatly surprised to see his box from the movie trivia pass already. Got six instead of the required four cigars, and haven't had any of them:
    1) Oliva Serie G Maduro Special G
    2) Reyes Family Premier
    3) CAO Criollo
    4) A. Fuente Anejo
    5) Rocky Patel Renaissance (I haven't heard of this, but i'm STOKED to try it. Love RP's)
    6) Oneoff

Vulchor, I'm greatly impressed with your generosity, and would be happy to trade with you at any point in the future! If anyone gets the chance to trade with him, jump on it.