Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Good Traders and Stand up Folks.

Comments

• smokestersmokester Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 131
    Got my end of the trade with brc81 thanks for the trade an outstanding BOTL. Let me know when my end gets there.
  • brc81brc81 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 249
    I received smokester's end of our trade today. I only had a brief moment to check it out during my lunch break, but it looks like a fine assortment of mostly Gurkha sticks I haven't had. Great trader!!
  • smokestersmokester Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 131
    Glad it got there i was worried that the post man might have lost it.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Gracias for the good word Madurofan. If anything...I felt cheap for only sending the Obsidian as a gift, being the new guy I would have liked to give even more----but the the humi was low at the time and full of smokes that I am not even mucha fan of-----Thatnk you though for the kind words and I hope we can deal again.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Hey man don't feel cheap, it was a trade for some quality sticks, I didn't expect anything extra at all. The Nording box really was a nice bonus, I'm in need of some nice boxes and that one is very nice!

Your end hasn't made it there yet?
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Thank You Mr. Maduro----and I will say this to the people in the community (and Im sure most of them are already aware) and your are a great person to trade with as well. I excpected my 3 cigars in return as well, I know the Padillas are a little more expensive retail---but I expect nothing more than our stated deal in return since we both benefit with cigars we like. But I open (the very well packed) box----and You also send me a beautifully sized Oliva Series V and Camacho Triple Maduro!!!!! This was truly a suprise and a great one at that--- I truly feel welcome here. Thank You MaduroFan...I am now a fan of you.
    Glad you like them. I thought about the retail difference after we agreed on the trade and wanted to make sure you were compensated fairly. I thought I read somewhere you were a fan of big ring gauges.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    WHO DA MAN ??? MADUROFAN !!!! Sorry couldn't control myself ....
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Maddy took the "untouchable's" approach and bomb the snot out of me. Even after fair warning from the man about incoming fire, this one left me speechless. Great selection of a sticks, including newly released nub maduro and a special nub with sam's signature band on it, a favorite Illusione and one I have yet to try (the hl). Then a stick I have been intrigued to try, the G.A.R. by george rico, and the Punch Champion.

I know this was return fire, but still, you truly pulled a gun out in this knife fight. Good hit sir!
  • nsezellnsezell Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    lol, from what i've read, he tends to do that...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Yeah, the illusione is a nice cigar.. I've tried a few and was pleased. The G.A.R. is one you should like too. Rico knows how to roll 'em.
  • robert69165robert69165 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 219
    I recieved my PIF package from Vulchor and I just wanted to say thank you for the five great sticks that he had sent. I want all to know what a good man Vulchor is!!! Thanks again Bro!
  • robert69165robert69165 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 219
    Hey Joe, thanks for the great sticks, Ill let the mystery smokes rest over the weekend and get to them mon or tuesday. Thansk for the bonus sticks, can't wait to try them out. Thanks Bro!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Glad to hear they arrived safe and sound Robert. Can't wait to see what your guesses are.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    I got a nice package from Mustluvcigars on Saturday from the Fun and Games thread.. It included two of the new 5 VegasLimitada 2009s along with a Casa Magna, a Defiance Akar, and a Pepin Cuban Classic.. All of these are new to me and I am anxious to try them after they take a little nap in my humidor. So who knows why the Defiance has a " Do Not Remove " notice on the band ? Or, is that where the Defiant act comes into play ..Thanks to Mustluv for the generous gift.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    kaspera79:
    So who knows why the Defiance has a " Do Not Remove " notice on the band ? Or, is that where the Defiant act comes into play ..
    Thats exactly it, once you remove the band, it says, "Don't always do what you're told, eh?"
    alienmisprint:
    kaspera79:
    So who knows why the Defiance has a " Do Not Remove " notice on the band ? Or, is that where the Defiant act comes into play ..
    Thats exactly it, once you remove the band, it says, "Don't always do what you're told, eh?"
    at one point to could join the defiance alliance...they sent me a hat. Not sure if that's still the case.
    bbc020:
    alienmisprint:
    kaspera79:
    at one point to could join the defiance alliance...they sent me a hat. Not sure if that's still the case.
    I got the hat as well and some stickers I think.
    I got my mystery sticks package from robert69165 today. Two bonus Alec Bradley Tempus perfectos to boot. Good damn trader in my book!
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    I haven't had a chance to try the Tempus yet. Let me know your thoughts Maddy.
    The Tempus is great, but I am pretty partial to all the Alec Bradleys I have had so far.
    laker1963:
    I haven't had a chance to try the Tempus yet. Let me know your thoughts Maddy.
    I have one of the Tempus Torpedos as well. I was completely dissappointed in the Alec Bradley Maxx, I thought any flavor there was watered down but the Tempus I've been interested in. I really want to try a Pryme but like so many other cigars, who knows when I'd get to that.
    I liked the Maxx, although it is my least favorite AB. You definately need to try the Pryme, it is my favorite AB and one of my favorite cigars period.
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    Jeez, mustluvcigars blew me away with his part on the Movie pass. Camacho Triple Maduro, Montecristo Media Noche, and an RP Spring collection (along with a few others)! Man, I haven't even seen an RP Spring Collection anywhere near where I'm at. You're the man mustluv!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    alienmisprint:
    I liked the Maxx, although it is my least favorite AB. You definately need to try the Pryme, it is my favorite AB and one of my favorite cigars period.
    I wanted to like the Pryme, but it fell a little short of what I expected. Not a bad cigar, but not my favorite AB either.
    Well, got my mystery sticks in from Maddy today, and he threw in three bonus sticks. First was one of the new Nub Maduros, and believe it or not, I am actually looking forward to it. I haven't been a fan of any of the Nubs Ihave tried so far, but all the descriptions I have read about the maduro sound like it will be right up my alley. Then there is a CAO I haven't seen before, a CAO Habano. I am pretty excited to try it as well, I dig most of the CAO's I have tried. And rounding it out was a Punch Champion, yet another stick I haven't tried yet.

Three for three Maddy, nice shootin'. Retaliation will be slow and deliberate, resulting in maximum collateral damage.
    The CAO Habano is an exclusive to my local B&M. I imagine you;ve heard about CAO's aging room in Tennessee where they keep their limited run cigars. Anyways the owner of my local B&M bought this entire line and designed the band and all. You'll never find that cigar any where else, and she's pricey but I dig it.
    alienmisprint:
    Three for three Maddy, nice shootin'. Retaliation will be slow and deliberate, resulting in maximum collateral damage.
    No retaliation necessary it was just a little hand grenade for an excellent BOTL.
  • brsmith21brsmith21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 207
    Got my PIF package from Brandon (bbc020). Got a couple I've been wanting to try like a 1495 Cameroon and a La Herencia, along with some I know I like Oliva G, Camacho 1962 and 5 Vegas A. Thanks man, great choices all around!
    Glad they got there safe Bryan! Enjoy