Home Non Cigar Related

Puro's Rants

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Bad Andy:
    dutyje:
    The fed cannot force BofA to make money. We took money because we felt we could use it. BofA required additional funds in order to support the purchase of Merrill, because Merrill's books did not meet our expectations. And we're slashing our dividend anyway. And have you seen our share price lately? Might as well hang onto your shares at this point, unless you're planning to use that money for a light dinner at Taco Bell.
    along the same lines they force you to pay your taxes...intimidation
    How much intimidation is required to force someone to take a $45B handout? I could use a little intimidation over here, quite frankly.
    Not that I think y'all need more ammunition, but something caught my eye today and I thought you would find it interesting. Of note is that I have not seen anything about this anywhere except on extreme right-leaning "news" sources, so I don't know of its validity, or the true significance of this. It does, however, strike me as very disturbing.

For your reading pleasure

Most interesting to me is that Fox News hasn't jumped all over this. If this is as major an indiscretion as it sounds by this article, I would have expected them to eat it up. Still, even if it isn't a major indiscretion, I find it disappointing.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    dutyje:
    Bad Andy:
    dutyje:
    The fed cannot force BofA to make money. We took money because we felt we could use it. BofA required additional funds in order to support the purchase of Merrill, because Merrill's books did not meet our expectations. And we're slashing our dividend anyway. And have you seen our share price lately? Might as well hang onto your shares at this point, unless you're planning to use that money for a light dinner at Taco Bell.
    along the same lines they force you to pay your taxes...intimidation
    How much intimidation is required to force someone to take a $45B handout? I could use a little intimidation over here, quite frankly.
    When the gov't would become your largest shareholder...I would not to do that deal.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Im glad the foot is doing better
    dutyje:
    Not that I think y'all need more ammunition, but something caught my eye today and I thought you would find it interesting. Of note is that I have not seen anything about this anywhere except on extreme right-leaning "news" sources, so I don't know of its validity, or the true significance of this. It does, however, strike me as very disturbing.

For your reading pleasure

Most interesting to me is that Fox News hasn't jumped all over this. If this is as major an indiscretion as it sounds by this article, I would have expected them to eat it up. Still, even if it isn't a major indiscretion, I find it disappointing.
    I did see that. But to be honest, it does not surprise me, nor do I care. If he chooses to not go he has every right to make that choice. It may or may not send a signal that he doe or does not want to send but, it wont impact the nation, or myself, or the rights of others. I would have chosen otherwise, but i cant make decisions for him. the one IM amazed about is this: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2009/01/28/2009-01-28_hey_bam_thats_not_the_door.html i seem to remember a locked door moment that Bush had a few years back and it was all over the news like he was some kind of retarded guy. this only bliped once on the radar. I become more and more sure that the media leans farther and farther left every day.
    ...but they have a right to so.
    Never heard the Bush story. I went to the Dr. three times before I finally got my appointment time right, so I'm not going to fault anyone older than me for something as silly as this.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Ok, there is something that has been pissing me off for a long time and I've been holding it in but I just can't anymore. I'm about to explode on here about one issue that gets under my skin more than anything thing else so bring it on Duty and Urbi you Commie Bastards!

WHY THE HELL IS BREAD SQUARE AND LUNCH MEAT ROUND???

lol Sorry, there are a lot of little things that get under my skin, but I'm starting a 3 day weekend as of 4:30pm this afternoon and I'm just in a pretty good mood. Had to do something goofy since we are usually pretty serious in this thread. I hope all you guys have a great weekend and get to enjoy some good smokes with good friends! I'll toast to you all tonight!
    PuroFreak:
    LOL.. have a nice weekend, Puro
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947

dutyje:
    PuroFreak:

have a good one Puro.......while we're on the subject if you pull the wings off a fly does it become a walk .....just thinkin'

gmill880:

dutyje:
    PuroFreak:

have a good one Puro.......while we're on the subject if you pull the wings off a fly does it become a walk .....just thinkin'

Ahhh... Very profound! I can see that I'm not the only deep thinker here!
    why is "Abbreviation" such a long word?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    gmill880:

dutyje:
    PuroFreak:

Man who catch fly with chopsticks can accomplish anything....
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:

dutyje:
    PuroFreak:

Man who pees into wind, has wet feet!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    PuroFreak:
    phobicsquirrel:
    gmill880:

dutyje:
    PuroFreak:

Man who pees into wind, has wet feet!
    lol
    Why do hotdogs come in packs of 12 and buns in packs of  8

WHEN WILL THE RHETORICAL QUESTIONS END?!!?!?

• plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 187
    kuzi16:

Never!!! How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    plaidbanana1:
    kuzi16:

Never!!! How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could Chuck Norris?

all of it.

Back on track here...

Where the hell does Chuck "the S C H M U C K" Schummer get off saying that a couple hundred BILLION dollars here and there for these "little porkey things" tacked onto the stimulus bill aren't important and don't matter to the American people? This is a LARGE sum of our money for nothing more than political gain masked as an economic recovery package and he acts like we don't and shouldn't care that they are pissing away our money!!! If Chucky is that far out of touch with the American people that he can't see the problem with this kind of crap then he is no longer fit to serve the People's best interest and needs to be forced out of office if he refuses to step down. They have the nerve to complain about what the bank execs are doing with the bail out money but their actions with our hard earned dollars are just as bad if not worse!
    Ok, I just have one question for you all today. Where the hell does Eric Holder get off calling us all cowards? Seriously, in his little bubble of people he deals with how does he honestly know who other people socialize with in their private life? Yes, racism does still exist, but how can he stand there in front of a nation that just elected the first black President, and call us a "nation of cowards." He says we can't talk cadidly about race issues... You want candid Mr. Holder? You're a moron! How is that for candid? People like Eric Holder making comments like he did are a major part of the problem with race relations in this country. I'm as white as it gets, half german, half irish... but I don't dislike ANYONE because of the color of their skin. I dislike EVERYONE regardless of their pigmentation!
    i too am an equal opportunity hater.
    i hate everyone the same.
  • cheymancheyman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    PuroFreak:
    Ok, I just have one question for you all today. Where the hell does Eric Holder get off calling us all cowards? Seriously, in his little bubble of people he deals with how does he honestly know who other people socialize with in their private life? Yes, racism does still exist, but how can he stand there in front of a nation that just elected the first black President, and call us a "nation of cowards." He says we can't talk cadidly about race issues... You want candid Mr. Holder? You're a moron! How is that for candid? People like Eric Holder making comments like he did are a major part of the problem with race relations in this country. I'm as white as it gets, half german, half irish... but I don't dislike ANYONE because of the color of their skin. I dislike EVERYONE regardless of their pigmentation!
    Mrs. Obama has made these references before. She think we are ignorant for not taking advantage of the great diversity on college campus, referring to how different races hang out in their comfort zone rather than socializing with different races. So Rush asked today "What are we supposed to talk about? What would they have us talk about? All of this wonderful diversity. Let's go to a college campus and we're in the student union and we got people from all races, sexes, creeds, and backgrounds, what are we supposed to talk about that is satisfactory to them?"
    I agree with you Puro...I dislike everyone too.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=washingtonstory&sid=aGJ_.gr_awkY

I seem to remember Kuzi predicting something similar to this but a few people argued that the opposite would happen... Even Jim Cramer, an admited liberl and major Obama supporter during the campaign, can see that he is doing all the wrong things. If this is the "Change" he spoke of, he can keep it!
    I think people are getting sick of bailouts stacked on top of bailouts, and they're worried that we're spending ourselves into a giant hole. It's a bit unfair to measure his performance against the stock market after such a short period of time. I think he's taking the right approach on a lot of issues and trying to bring all sides to the table to discuss a solution. I think the market will be in tremendous turmoil for many years to come, with large up and down swings as we attempt to recover. Right now, we're in the midst of negative speculation that is driving the market to an unbelievable low. This is basically the reverse of the speculation that shot oil prices through the roof. Once people have lined their pockets on the downswing, they'll look to inflate their earnings on the upswing. And then it will crash again. It's not good.
    I agree with those people that are sick of the bail outs and the government spending. It is digging a hole that our great grandchildren won't be able to dig themselves out of. Everytime President Obama speaks the Market plunges... everytime he passes another piece of legislation... it plunges.... After a while you would think he would wake up and realize.... "HEY! This isn't working!"

I honestly don't think he is trying to sit down and bring all sides to the table. He may have everyone sit down and speak, but then he does exactly what he wanted to do from the beginning. If he TRUELY listened to anyone he wouldn't have passed this massive Spendulous Bill. The Republicans in the House presented him with a plan that created 3 times as many job according to the equation the Democrats came up with and cost half as much as their Bill... As Jim Cramer pointed out, Obama had a bunch of people fooled that he was a middle of the road kinda guy, but his true far far far left colors are showing now, and it is also showing it's effect on the economy. Hope and Change have gone out the window and now it's nothing but Doom and Deperation from him.
    i only predicted that it would lose more than 300 points the day after election day. (if you are talking about my election predictions thread)

however, this does not surprise me. like you said "Everytime President Obama speaks the Market plunges... everytime he passes another piece of legislation... it plunges...."
    maybe its "sell on the news," but maybe its that the market knows that he has no idea what he is doing when it comes to the economy. maybe the market knows that once a company is nationalized it is worthless. once people have less money because of higher taxes less business can be done, once corporations have higher taxes they cant produce as much.

ill make a prediction that i hope does not come true:
    Obama and this administration will continue to talk the market down. they will continue to take over banks and lend money to failing companies. once the stock market has hit some unspeakable low he will propose that the government should nationalize the 401K system. Incentive for this will be that the government will give you the value of your 401k before the market started to fee fall.
    in other words, a massive power grab that many will not be able to afford to turn down.

a government that is strong enough to give you everything is strong enough to take it all away as well. Ill be damned if the government will get that money out of me. I will take drastic measures to protect what i worked hard for.
    I posted that same link to the bloomberg story in my first post on here today and it is sad and it is very true. Just look at what is happening today. President Obama spoke about how he was going to stop the job-loss cycle that is going on right now after the unemployment numbers show the largest drop in job for a month in the last 90 years and last I checked the Dow was down over 70 pts. I actually heard an idiot say the other day that he doesn't care about the stock market and how much it falls because that is not what drives the economy... Well how about the thousands of people out there watching their retirement go sliding down the crapper? Oh, and who was it that made that statement? How about Mr. Emanuel when speaking to President Obama in the White House...
    PuroFreak:
    I posted that same link to the bloomberg story in my first post on here today and it is sad and it is very true. Just look at what is happening today. President Obama spoke about how he was going to stop the job-loss cycle that is going on right now after the unemployment numbers show the largest drop in job for a month in the last 90 years and last I checked the Dow was down over 70 pts. I actually heard an idiot say the other day that he doesn't care about the stock market and how much it falls because that is not what drives the economy... Well how about the thousands of people out there watching their retirement go sliding down the crapper? Oh, and who was it that made that statement? How about Mr. Emanuel when speaking to President Obama in the White House...

Un damn believable
    Fake breasts vs. Real Breasts... The show down!!! Which do you like better??

Ok, I was bored and thought this would be a funnier topic that the usual political rants and debates.
    Depends on how nice the natural ones were before the fake ones. In my part of town, almost half the breasts are fake anyway. This gives my wife a huge inferiority complex... of course, our teenage babysitters give my wife an inferiority complex. She wants enhancement. I said I'm all for it.