Home Non Cigar Related

Puro's Rants

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I'm not a huge fan of them because they just don't look right and they don't feel like they should at all. They are too hard and don't hang properly... but on the up side, they do taste just like the real thing!!! haha This is a lot better topic for a friday afternoon!
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    dutyje:
    So I'd feed him enough money to keep him happy while I grew my interminable wealth. Rebates, refunds, reductions in fees, waivers. I'd bail him out of jail just so he could keep hitting my properties. I loved it. Just sitting here thinking about it makes me smile.

I love that game.
    That reminded me of what Obama seems to be doing with taxes, just letting people keep enough money to keep them working but never really getting anywhere.
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Krieg:
    dutyje:
    So I'd feed him enough money to keep him happy while I grew my interminable wealth. Rebates, refunds, reductions in fees, waivers. I'd bail him out of jail just so he could keep hitting my properties. I loved it. Just sitting here thinking about it makes me smile.

I love that game.
    That reminded me of what Obama seems to be doing with taxes, just letting people keep enough money to keep them working but never really getting anywhere.
    interesting.. that seemed to me to be what corporations were doing to their employees
    PuroFreak:
    I'm not a huge fan of them because they just don't look right and they don't feel like they should at all. They are too hard and don't hang properly... but on the up side, they do taste just like the real thing!!! haha This is a lot better topic for a friday afternoon!
    they don't hang properly, that's for sure... but the really big natural ones can be difficult to work with.. really big fake ones are easier to handle
    dutyje:
    PuroFreak:
    they don't hang properly, that's for sure... but the really big natural ones can be difficult to work with.. really big fake ones are easier to handle
    Naw, with the big natural ones you just flop them up over her shoulders and go at it! haha
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    its all up to individual liberties. you like what you like, i like what i like. dont force me to like what you like!

fake boob tax?
    kuzi16:
    its all up to individual liberties. you like what you like, i like what i like. dont force me to like what you like!

fake boob tax?
    Haha Not a tax deal, just discussing our tastes. Kinda like cigar reviews only more of an indoor activity... unless you are a little more adventurous!
    its hard to type in sarcasm.
    Haha, I got the sarcasm, just didn't want to get anyone else fired up here. One thing is for sure though, that is one thing we didn't have to worry about Clinton taxing!
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03/18/pelosi-tells-illegal-immigrants-work-site-raids-american/

I just read this story and it amazes me how people like Nancy Pelosi have absolutely no regard for the law or the people enforcing it.
    ummm... just a thought.

wouldnt having legal US citizens working as apposed to illegals be better on many levels?
    doesnt this just insult the legal american worker?
    She needs to be drawn and quartered. She's the single most destructive person in Congress these days.
    dutyje:
    She needs to be drawn and quartered. She's the single most destructive person in Congress these days.
    i have nothing more to add to that.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    kuzi16:
    dutyje:

Here Here I second that...
    gmill880:
    kuzi16:
    dutyje:

AMEN!!!

On a side note, mark this day on the calender!!! Kuzi, Duty, and I, all agree on something at the same time! wow! haha
    Ok, now that I have time to write a little more, where the hell does Ms Pelosi get off saying that it is unpatriotic to enforce federal laws?? By her line of thinking it would be wrong to go kick in a door and drag out a serial killer if he was in the house with his family... This woman is the most wreckless person to hold a political office today. She has absolutely no concept of what it means to be a proud American OR legal immigrant worker this country. The fact that this woman wins office over and over has caused me to lose all faith in the people who have voted for her... Not like I had much to begin with.
    her approval rating is at 18%

rush limbaugh is at 19%

kuzi16:

rush limbaugh is at 19%

I would hope she couldn't win re-election... although typically someone in Congress with her level of clout is hard to unseat. Is that approval rating within her district, or nationally? I would be pleasantly surprised to see her approval rating that low within her district.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    kuzi16:
    dutyje:

AMEN!!!

On a side note, mark this day on the calender!!! Kuzi, Duty, and I, all agree on something at the same time! wow! haha
    does this need another Yea vote, i will 4th the motion

who will be our John Galt?
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    dutyje:
    kuzi16:

rush limbaugh is at 19%

I would hope she couldn't win re-election... although typically someone in Congress with her level of clout is hard to unseat. Is that approval rating within her district, or nationally? I would be pleasantly surprised to see her approval rating that low within her district.
    She is from the SF/Bay area, she will be back. It sickens me that people have died for her right to spew the sewage that comes from her mouth.
    dutyje:
    kuzi16:

rush limbaugh is at 19%

i think its nationally.

i was thinking of this all day at work. not only is she pissing off the political right in this nation, as would be expected, but she is also managing to piss off many of her own party. its amazing how little respect she garners given her position.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    I actually like Pelosi...I kid...but she is going to undo any potential good Obama might have done in terms of trying to be more centrist and everything will swing right once again. Newt's already revving up the revolution machine.

Also, there are few morons more moronic than Limbaugh. There are two Republican parties and he represents the vile one.
    Luko:
    I actually like Pelosi...I kid...but she is going to undo any potential good Obama might have done in terms of trying to be more centrist and everything will swing right once again. Newt's already revving up the revolution machine.

Also, there are few morons more moronic than Limbaugh. There are two Republican parties and he represents the vile one.
    pelosi a centrist? are you kidding me?

i wouldnt call republicans/conservatives "vile"
    i mean, you dont agree with them but that hardly makes them "vile"
    if the republican party that you like is a basically a democrat then where is the two party system?
    seriously, you may hate the "other" party or the party you are not part of but the two party system is needed. this country needs to debate.
    it also helps slow the government down. a swiftly moving government (on either side) is a scary government to be living under.
    if we only had one ruling party then a good portion of people who dont agree with that party would be SOL.

it does seem that both parties are running as fast as they can to polar opposites of each other. and when it comes down to it, neither has the confidence of the nation ( according to a Rasmussen Reports poll) the generic ballot is at 41% republican 39% democrat and 20% other/not sure
    they didnt say the margin of error but im sure its about + - 3-4%. so a dead heat.
    the more important issue is the 20% other or unsure. thats amazing. 20% of the people cant get on board with EITHER party.

i wonder if this will cause a third party to rise up in the next few years. Maybe itll be the swift kick in the pants that the nation needs.

maybe that party would actually be for the rights of the people instead of being for the power of the government.

In a time where so much is being made about our first black president, Ann Coulter made the following observation in her column of 2/25/2009:

"But as long as the nation is obsessed with historic milestones, is no one going to remark on what a great country it is where a mentally retarded woman can become speaker of the house?”

Yes this is a bit harsh, but so damn near true it's not even funny. I don't care if you like Ann Coulter or not, Nancy Pelosi has no business holding any kind of office ever.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    In a time where so much is being made about our first black president, Ann Coulter made the following observation in her column of 2/25/2009:

"But as long as the nation is obsessed with historic milestones, is no one going to remark on what a great country it is where a mentally retarded woman can become speaker of the house?”

Yes this is a bit harsh, but so damn near true it's not even funny. I don't care if you like Ann Coulter or not, Nancy Pelosi has no business holding any kind of office ever.

Thats FUNNY
    kuzi16:
    Luko:

if the republican party that you like is a basically a democrat then where is the two party system?
    seriously, you may hate the "other" party or the party you are not part of but the two party system is needed. this country needs to debate.
    it also helps slow the government down. a swiftly moving government (on either side) is a scary government to be living under.
    if we only had one ruling party then a good portion of people who dont agree with that party would be SOL.

it does seem that both parties are running as fast as they can to polar opposites of each other. and when it comes down to it, neither has the confidence of the nation ( according to a Rasmussen Reports poll) the generic ballot is at 41% republican 39% democrat and 20% other/not sure
    they didnt say the margin of error but im sure its about + - 3-4%. so a dead heat.
    the more important issue is the 20% other or unsure. thats amazing. 20% of the people cant get on board with EITHER party.

i wonder if this will cause a third party to rise up in the next few years. Maybe itll be the swift kick in the pants that the nation needs.

maybe that party would actually be for the rights of the people instead of being for the power of the government.

I hope you're right, Kuzi.. That 20% number actually seems disappointingly low to me. The trend has already been established that the people generlly don't agree with extreme politics on the right or the left. Instead, people tend to align themselves with the party that is on their side of the issues they view as most important.

The Libertarian party is a very intriguing third, but I find it similar to the political idealism my wife and I held when we were younger. When asked, we would reply with the now-trendy "I'm a fiscal conservative and a social liberal." I've more recently begun to realize that those words are more day-dreaming than problem solving. Also, as I've learned more about economics, I've recognized the gaps in pure fiscal conservatism. This has caused me to lean more left over time (although I still like to point out that my November ticket sported more R's than D's, not that anyone here would believe it).
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    kuzi16:
    Luko:

Wow, you really read something different than what I wrote.

I didn't say anything about Pelosi being a centrist...In fact, I think she's about 180 degrees in the opposite direction. I was willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt in that I felt at least his stated goals were centrist. I think that remains to be seen but early signs aren't great. So what I meant was Pelosi is submarining anything he wanted to do in terms of trying to establish a centrist administration. She's making it impossible for him to do that.

And I completely support a two-party system. I'm all in favor of third, and fourth and fifth parties, as well, I just don't think a third party will ever amount to a hill of beans. As for vile, maybe that word choice was a tad over the top, but so is Rush Limbaugh.

I'd say I'm from the William Buckley Jr. school of conservatism. People like Rush Limbaugh, and to a greater and more revolting degree, people like Jerry Falwell, hijacked the party and took it down a path it never should have gone. I'm just worried that's a wrong that can never be righted (pun intended).

I think I said it before here, but I'll say it again. For me, the Terry Schiavo fiasco is the absolute epitome of how the Republican party went off track.
    Luko:
    kuzi16:
    Luko:

Wow, you really read something different than what I wrote.

I didn't say anything about Pelosi being a centrist...In fact, I think she's about 180 degrees in the opposite direction. I was willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt in that I felt at least his stated goals were centrist. I think that remains to be seen but early signs aren't great. So what I meant was Pelosi is submarining anything he wanted to do in terms of trying to establish a centrist administration. She's making it impossible for him to do that.

And I completely support a two-party system. I'm all in favor of third, and fourth and fifth parties, as well, I just don't think a third party will ever amount to a hill of beans. As for vile, maybe that word choice was a tad over the top, but so is Rush Limbaugh.

I'd say I'm from the William Buckley Jr. school of conservatism. People like Rush Limbaugh, and to a greater and more revolting degree, people like Jerry Falwell, hijacked the party and took it down a path it never should have gone. I'm just worried that's a wrong that can never be righted (pun intended).

I think I said it before here, but I'll say it again. For me, the Terry Schiavo fiasco is the absolute epitome of how the Republican party went off track.
    yeah i guess i really did misread that.

oops
    dutyje:
    The Libertarian party is a very intriguing third, but I find it similar to the political idealism my wife and I held when we were younger. When asked, we would reply with the now-trendy "I'm a fiscal conservative and a social liberal." I've more recently begun to realize that those words are more day-dreaming than problem solving.
    when asked i always say Libertarian. i wont add to that unless asked about it.
    dutyje:
    Also, as I've learned more about economics, I've recognized the gaps in pure fiscal conservatism. This has caused me to lean more left over time
    every system has its flaws. if there was a perfect system known, we would already be using it.
    to me it isnt just about how the economy flows. what is even more important to me is individual rights and liberties. an extreme example: If everyone has all the money they could ever need and there was no such thing as poverty, but you couldnt spend it as you see fit, then whats the point in having the money?
    dutyje:
    (although I still like to point out that my November ticket sported more R's than D's, not that anyone here would believe it).
    I sure dont.... ha!
    kuzi16:
    every system has its flaws. if there was a perfect system known, we would already be using it.
    I doubt that. Our political system would see to that.