Home Non Cigar Related

Puro's Rants

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    plaidbanana1:
    If anything good has come of the Obama administration, it's that I have become polictically active and also call and write my reps and sens.
    good for you. its always a good thing to be active when it comes to the political arena.
    The Obama Health Care Plan: Hazardous to Your Health
    Do not make the mistake of attributing to this health care plan and its sponsors the currently fashionable bromide of "good intentions with unforeseen consequences." There are no good intentions in this bill. The government knows exactly what it's doing. Here's one telling piece of evidence: All members of Congress and all of their staff will be exempt from the plan.

Like the stimulus bill, Congressional representatives have not read the health care bill. They will vote on it without knowing what they are voting on. And like the stimulus package, it is expected to pass. In 2 weeks.

Please call your representatives in Congress and insist they vote against all the government health care plans pending.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    kuzi16:
    Do not make the mistake of attributing to this health care plan and its sponsors the currently fashionable bromide of "good intentions with unforeseen consequences." There are no good intentions in this bill. The government knows exactly what it's doing. Here's one telling piece of evidence: All members of Congress and all of their staff will be exempt from the plan.

Like the stimulus bill, Congressional representatives have not read the health care bill. They will vote on it without knowing what they are voting on. And like the stimulus package, it is expected to pass. In 2 weeks.

Please call your representatives in Congress and insist they vote against all the government health care plans pending.
    You think that is bad, have you seen the version of the Bill the Senate put together? This Bill will be 100% Communist Health Care. I am trying to keep my composure right now because I am absolutely furious after reading this...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/02/senate-democrats-trim-cost-health-care/
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:

You think that is bad, have you seen the version of the Bill the Senate put together? This Bill will be 100% Communist Health Care. I am trying to keep my composure right now because I am absolutely furious after reading this...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/02/senate-democrats-trim-cost-health-care/
    holy ***

the proposal is gunna punish you for not taking part of the government system?

and all those arguments that i made before about having a choice are confirmed.

on the bright side, i dont think this would pass.
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:

holy ***

the proposal is gunna punish you for not taking part of the government system?

and all those arguments that i made before about having a choice are confirmed.

on the bright side, i dont think this would pass.
    I hope not, I have always been proud to live in a free country where our people are free to make their own choices and live their lives as they see fit... If this passes those days will be over. I wish I knew how to go about organizing some kind of mass public protest against this kind of thing. I will be making calls to my congressmen about this one. We have to stand up and let our voices be heard to fight against this type of thing.
    the health care package might pass but i dont think that particular provision would make it through.

i mean, it doesnt allow people to NOT have insurance if they dont want it. its a stupid choice but its their choice none the less.
    kuzi16:
    the health care package might pass but i dont think that particular provision would make it through.

i mean, it doesnt allow people to NOT have insurance if they dont want it. its a stupid choice but its their choice none the less.
    I would hope this provision wouldn't pass, but I have no faith in Congress. After Cap and Tax was passed by the House I lost what little faith I had in them. This bill is one of the WORST possible things we could do right now with the housing market in the gutter and unemplyment as high as it is.

This Bill would put "Energy Efficiency Ratings" on all houses being sold. If you live in an older house that doesn't have the "green" technology of today that the Obama administration thinks it should have, then it will recieve a low rating which will drop the value of the home considerably or the owner will be told they can't sell it until they pay to get it upgraded to meet federal standards. If we are trying to get the housing market back on track, how will this help?

Also how will increasing energy costs help an economy that is already struggling to make it. Jobless numbers at record highs and people fighting like hell to keep their heads above water, and the President wants to raise the price on EVERYTHING. Because if you don't think this will effect the price of every single good or service out there, you have a very narrow view of the world. Everyone uses energy to produce every product. If the energy prices go up, they have two options: cut jobs, or raise prices... Either option is going to hurt lower and middle class Americans.

And all this is for a Bill that the EPA even admitted will probably do NOTHING to help the environment globally and could possibly even hurt it in the long run due to companies moving overseas to countries with no restrictions on pollution... What brain child thought up this piece of sh*t??
    kuzi16:

yeah, as in...

what if you are a christian scientist? modern health care is against your religion. "all things are healed through Jesus" kinda thing? what then? is the government gunna fine them and violate their rights to freely practice their religion?
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I don't think this monstrosity (if passed - fingers crossed it does not pass both houses) would stand up to a supreme court challenge.
    cabinetmaker:
    I don't think this monstrosity (if passed - fingers crossed it does not pass both houses) would stand up to a supreme court challenge.
    I agree, I think it could be challlenged in the courts system for many many violations. One of which Kuzi mentioned where in it violates peoples freedom of religion. This is the scariest piece of legislation that has been put for yet by the new regime...
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    I just wonder how long it will be before we have to refer to obama as "Glorious supreme leader"...
    cabinetmaker:
    I just wonder how long it will be before we have to refer to obama as "Glorious supreme leader"...
    or more seriously, where her tries to do what the guy in Honduras did and run for a third or fourth term. in honduras, the army stepped in and removed the guy from office. Obama sad that he was against that. thats kinda scary too. Obama took the side of Chavez... again.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    kuzi16:

you guys make me laugh, you really do. First there is no one bill, there are many bills being worked on, also this whack-job is obviously nuts and turning things around. Keep believing the lies. I think it's funny (maybe that's not the right word) that the right seems to post all sorts of opinions and most are out-landish and make them seem like truth. Most of them don't even know what their talking about, is there a bill yet? NO, there is not, it's being worked on, and when it is finished, read the damn bill, then we can talk. Kuzi, puro you guy's eat this up. Especially when you vote against your own best interest. I think the public option is not enough, I think the best thing would be just to give all americans the option of having the same plan as govt. employees... It's already in place, in fact there's still life in the house over it, but probably a long shot. You guys should really read these bills instead of listening to agenda ridden nuts or talking points

And the cap and trade bill is flawed, yes, but it's something that is better than nothing. Congressman defassio made some good points about not voting for the bill who is very environmentally motivated but it's something. Cap and Trade did work for sullfur admissions and now there are no more acid rain from plants. I really don't see why you people and rep in general get all crazy over change and anything that pushes corporate America? I don't see you two or most people getting anything from it, I see Representatives getting a lot out of it, especially continuing to push laws that make it easier for them to operate with no restrictions just like the last 15+ years.
    phobicsquirrel:
    you guys make me laugh, you really do.
    I do not mock you. do not mock us. w have valid points with linked to references. you seem to be going off of how it feels. if you are going to argue, stick to the facts and leave any mocking, name calling, mud slinging and feelings out of it. give facts, figures, and well thought out ideas. In the real world "feelings" and "fairness" dont mean anything.
    phobicsquirrel:
    also this whack-job is obviously nuts and turning things around.
    see above about name calling and linking. if you can give me any shred of evidence that this person is a "wack job" or "nuts" or that this person is turning facts around, please do so.
    phobicsquirrel:
    is there a bill yet? NO, there is not, it's being worked on, and when it is finished, read the damn bill, then we can talk.
    there are several bills in the works. you are right about that. but the underlying fact still remains that health care is not a right. if you can show me how it is i will give your "feelings" more credibility.

also, you have not read the bill, nor will you ever. chances are, the representatives voting on them wont either. dont tell me to read the bill when we cant and they wont before they vote on it.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Especially when you vote against your own best interest.
    my best interest is individual rights. socialized anything is not individual rights. it is giving up rights for "the good of others" its government imposed altruism. it is not individual rights.
    phobicsquirrel:
    I think the public option is not enough, I think the best thing would be just to give all americans the option of having the same plan as govt. employees... It's already in place, in fact there's still life in the house over it, but probably a long shot.
    its a long shot because it costs too much. we would go broke so fast your head would spin. a few posts back i linked to where the cost was estimated to be over $2 TRILLION. this is on top of the 2 trillion that is the budget as is, and in conjunction with the cap and trade (that will raise the cost of productivity thus decreasing the tax base) is a devastatingly unsustainable combination. the country will be broke.
    even more broke than we are now

phobicsquirrel:
    You guys should really read these bills instead of listening to agenda ridden nuts or talking points
    you should tell that to the Democrats that vote for bills without reading them. the cap and trade bill was 1200 pages long. the last 300 or so were added less than 12 hours before the vote. did they read it? are you calling them nuts too? you should be.

phobicsquirrel:
    And the cap and trade bill is flawed, yes
    fatally
    phobicsquirrel:
    but it's something that is better than nothing
    it is better than nothing if you want to Raise electricity rates 90 percent after adjusting for inflation; Raise inflation-adjusted gasoline prices by 58 percent; Raise residential natural gas prices by 55 percent; Raise an average family's annual energy bill by $1,241
    and thats not even taking into account IF global warming is caused by carbon emissions. kinda pesky how that has not been proven isnt it?
    phobicsquirrel:
    . Congressman defassio made some good points about not voting for the bill who is very environmentally motivated but it's something. Cap and Trade did work for sullfur admissions and now there are no more acid rain from plants.
    sulfer and energy are very different an so many ways that trying to compare them is like trying to compare apples to BMWs.
    phobicsquirrel:
    I really don't see why you people and rep in general get all crazy over change and anything that pushes corporate America?
    this does not just push corporate America. it will push the average family to the tune of $1200+ a year (see link above)
    phobicsquirrel:
    I don't see you two or most people getting anything from it, I see Representatives getting a lot out of it, especially continuing to push laws that make it easier for them to operate with no restrictions just like the last 15+ years.
    what i get out of it is cheap energy. thats what i get. and i do see representatives getting a lot out of it. ... a lot of payoff money for their district. one ohio rep got 3 billion. ill try and link ya here as soon as i can find it.

again, i would be all for a climate change bill that didnt force people to pay more money to do their job. i want one that encourages growth in a positive way instead of forcing change by making it too expensive to do things the way they are now. this will only hurt people.
    There are so many reasons why you are wrong, but I would like to focus on one main point since Kuzi beat me to breaking it all down.

phobicsquirrel:

This is a dangerous way to think. There is a major problem with rats in NY City, but if someone proposed the sollution to fill the streets and sewer systems with toxic waste to kill them all off, and nobody else put forth any other solution, then by your way of thinking... "Something is better than nothing" Yea... Thats real sound logic...
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 187
    kuzi16:
    phobicsquirrel:
    you guys make me laugh, you really do.
    I do not mock you. do not mock us. w have valid points with linked to references. you seem to be going off of how it feels. if you are going to argue, stick to the facts and leave any mocking, name calling, mud slinging and feelings out of it. give facts, figures, and well thought out ideas. In the real world "feelings" and "fairness" dont mean anything.
    phobicsquirrel:
    also this whack-job is obviously nuts and turning things around.
    see above about name calling and linking. if you can give me any shred of evidence that this person is a "wack job" or "nuts" or that this person is turning facts around, please do so.
    phobicsquirrel:
    is there a bill yet? NO, there is not, it's being worked on, and when it is finished, read the damn bill, then we can talk.
    there are several bills in the works. you are right about that. but the underlying fact still remains that health care is not a right. if you can show me how it is i will give your "feelings" more credibility.

also, you have not read the bill, nor will you ever. chances are, the representatives voting on them wont either. dont tell me to read the bill when we cant and they wont before they vote on it.
    phobicsquirrel:
    Especially when you vote against your own best interest.
    my best interest is individual rights. socialized anything is not individual rights. it is giving up rights for "the good of others" its government imposed altruism. it is not individual rights.
    phobicsquirrel:
    I think the public option is not enough, I think the best thing would be just to give all americans the option of having the same plan as govt. employees... It's already in place, in fact there's still life in the house over it, but probably a long shot.
    its a long shot because it costs too much. we would go broke so fast your head would spin. a few posts back i linked to where the cost was estimated to be over $2 TRILLION. this is on top of the 2 trillion that is the budget as is, and in conjunction with the cap and trade (that will raise the cost of productivity thus decreasing the tax base) is a devastatingly unsustainable combination. the country will be broke.
    even more broke than we are now

phobicsquirrel:
    You guys should really read these bills instead of listening to agenda ridden nuts or talking points
    you should tell that to the Democrats that vote for bills without reading them. the cap and trade bill was 1200 pages long. the last 300 or so were added less than 12 hours before the vote. did they read it? are you calling them nuts too? you should be.

phobicsquirrel:
    And the cap and trade bill is flawed, yes
    fatally
    phobicsquirrel:
    it is better than nothing if you want to Raise electricity rates 90 percent after adjusting for inflation; Raise inflation-adjusted gasoline prices by 58 percent; Raise residential natural gas prices by 55 percent; Raise an average family's annual energy bill by $1,241
    and thats not even taking into account IF global warming is caused by carbon emissions. kinda pesky how that has not been proven isnt it?
    phobicsquirrel:
    . Congressman defassio made some good points about not voting for the bill who is very environmentally motivated but it's something. Cap and Trade did work for sullfur admissions and now there are no more acid rain from plants.
    sulfer and energy are very different an so many ways that trying to compare them is like trying to compare apples to BMWs.
    phobicsquirrel:
    I really don't see why you people and rep in general get all crazy over change and anything that pushes corporate America?
    this does not just push corporate America. it will push the average family to the tune of $1200+ a year (see link above)
    phobicsquirrel:
    I don't see you two or most people getting anything from it, I see Representatives getting a lot out of it, especially continuing to push laws that make it easier for them to operate with no restrictions just like the last 15+ years.
    what i get out of it is cheap energy. thats what i get. and i do see representatives getting a lot out of it. ... a lot of payoff money for their district. one ohio rep got 3 billion. ill try and link ya here as soon as i can find it.

again, i would be all for a climate change bill that didnt force people to pay more money to do their job. i want one that encourages growth in a positive way instead of forcing change by making it too expensive to do things the way they are now. this will only hurt people.
    Damn, I've been reading the posts in this thread for quite a while now and I think I might be a Kuzi fan.
    Finally someone in the political world spoke the truth! This guy is right and it's nice to see someone say what most people are reallything thinking. That isn't something you see too often in Washington!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/06/new-york-congressman-blasts-jackson-pervert-low-life/
    iduno man, we have this thing of "innocent until proven guilty" in the US.

when you get down to the brass tax here Michael Jackson has never been convicted of any of those charges.

though i thought he was a strange man, i feel that legally speaking, we cannot call him a child molester.

having a political figure head (even on the state level) not living out and up to "innocent until proven guilty" is not a good thing.
    kuzi16:
    iduno man, we have this thing of "innocent until proven guilty" in the US.

when you get down to the brass tax here Michael Jackson has never been convicted of any of those charges.

though i thought he was a strange man, i feel that legally speaking, we cannot call him a child molester.

having a political figure head (even on the state level) not living out and up to "innocent until proven guilty" is not a good thing.
    The part of his statement I was agreeing with was that "we don't need Michael Jackson" and how the media is going nuts over this when there are much more important things going on. Yes it's sad, it's sad someone with so much oppertunity in life threw it all away and became such a weird creepy guy. But it is NOT the end of the world or the most important thing going on. That is where I was agreeing with him.
    U.S. House May Include Surtax on Wealthy in Health-Care Package

so they got a tax on tobacco for health care. they are looking at taxing fatty food, sugary food, spirits, a new tax on employer-provided health care benefits, a tax on soda, certain fruit drinks, energy drinks, sports drinks and ready-to-drink teas, and a national sales tax. now they are taxing you just for being wealthy. this is getting way out of control.

and this doesnt even mention all the taxes they are talking about for climate change, or just the general running of the country.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    kuzi16:
    U.S. House May Include Surtax on Wealthy in Health-Care Package

so they got a tax on tobacco for health care. they are looking at taxing fatty food, sugary food, spirits, a new tax on employer-provided health care benefits, a tax on soda, certain fruit drinks, energy drinks, sports drinks and ready-to-drink teas, and a national sales tax. now they are taxing you just for being wealthy. this is getting way out of control.

and this doesnt even mention all the taxes they are talking about for climate change, or just the general running of the country.

This may be the United States but I don't think the people are united at all ...damn ...what a mess ...
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    I am 33yo. I wonder what my country will look like when I am 50-60yo. It scares the crap out of me to think that I may have to work till I die. Even if I work and save up my money and retirement, at some point the govt will decide it is theirs to give to someone else.
    Bad Andy:
    I am 33yo. I wonder what my country will look like when I am 50-60yo. It scares the crap out of me to think that I may have to work till I die. Even if I work and save up my money and retirement, at some point the govt will decide it is theirs to give to someone else.
    i have heard rumors of "public" 401k plans. almost all of them start with the government confiscating all current 401ks. I dont think this will go through any time soon
    at least i hope not.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    kuzi16:
    Bad Andy:
    i have heard rumors of "public" 401k plans. almost all of them start with the government confiscating all current 401ks. I dont think this will go through any time soon
    at least i hope not.
    nothing will surprise me at this point...unless it was the fairtax passing into law.
    Bad Andy:
    nothing will surprise me at this point...unless it was the fairtax passing into law.
    it wouldnt surprise me if they tried to pass it. i just dont think that there would be enough support for it.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 187
    wouldn't be surprised if all these numbers were true. It also looks like the dems are talking about another stimulus package to divert attention from universal health care.
  • bibbybibby Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 152
    Bad Andy:
    Andy,

Thanks for the post; informative, shocking, some what comedic, and dam SCARY! I also am a young man, 24 years old, and shudder to think about what this great country will look like when I'm 45-50 much less retired if we continue to move towards this socialist agenda being pushed around by fascists that control all the media while force feeding the usual liberal hogwash and rhetoric down our throats. Very, Very Scary indeed.

Rob

tyranny sucks.