Home Non Cigar Related

Puro's Rants

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:
    Puro --Interested in what your take and those you work withs was on Obama's comment about the police arresting his 'friend' being a act of 'stupidity'. Is it something your department talked about or just individually amonst yourselves or at all . Admitting he did not have all the facts and still making a off the cuff comment like that ...hhmmmm...shows a severe lack of judgement in my opinion. Before anyone jumps on the " a lot of elected officials make mistakes speaking " bus I don't care , this man is the damn President Of The United States. I can guarantee you some of his handlers would have liked to bit_ch slapped him right then and there. I think he could have used any number of phrases that would have been acceptable or just passed on the question until he had the facts.It is in my opinion degrading to the Office Of The Presidency for the Commander In Chief to say that a law enforcement officer or department acted stupidly in any manner of the performance of their duty without any knowledge of the facts or what he's talking about. Or did the fact the guy getting arrested was black provoke this racist comment from the President? Some Commander in Chief !!! I wonder if he would have used the same "stupidly" term if the arresting officer had been black ? I think he's a great pretender...pretends to be for unifying the country...change ...transparency in Govt...when in fact he is an angry , power obsessed dangerous individual who bears watching and monitoring. The 2010 House and Senate elections can't get here fast enough for me ...
    Very well put G-man! It isn't something we have formally discussed around here, but it has been metioned in private on a number of occasions. I don't see why the President felt he had to comment on a situation that he knows nothing about, and why he had to criticize a profession that he knows nothing about. He has no idea about the pressure and stress in this line of work. I can't comment on the legallity of what happened in the case because I am not fully aware of the state laws in Mass. but I can tell you in the state of TX you can be arrested for refusing to identify yourself to a police officer. Since I don't know all the facts of this situation I won't comment on the officers job performance... I just wish our Commander in Chief would have exercised the same restraint instead of throwing every law enforcement officer in our nation under the proverbial bus.

This President (Obama) is the first (that I have seen in my lifetime) thats more interested in abusing his own people (americans) than protecting and supporting them. If only we were ALL Muslims or a minority maybe we could have our voices heard then ...I'm just sayin'...never mind class warfare how about the class representation we are receiving from this administration . I am not racist , I have white, black, asian and even an Iranian friend (well you get the point) and I treat them as I would want to be treated . Wish Obama would get on board with the same plan !!! and realize we (Americans) are not the enemy ...
    I agree with you on this and have add that President Obama, and Sharpton, and Jackson ALL need to learn that just because something involves a black man DOESN'T MEAN IT'S A RACE MATTER! Period!

I agree totally ...
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    It took Barry six months to decide what kind of dog he wanted, but insists on getting healthcare bill in two weeks?

It's guaranteed to be a dog, too.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    zoom6zoom:
    It took Barry six months to decide what kind of dog he wanted, but insists on getting healthcare bill in two weeks?
    a dog is a far more important decision affecting more people than some "national" health care bill.

BARACK OBAMA: ...When you rush these budgets that are a foot high and nobody has any idea what's in them and nobody has read them.

RANDI RHODES: 14 pounds it was!

BARACK OBAMA: Yeah. And it gets rushed through without any clear deliberation or debate then these kinds of things happen. And I think that this is in some ways what happened to the Patriot Act. I mean you remember that there was no real debate about that. It was so quick after 9/11 that it was introduced that people felt very intimidated by the administration.

Link
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:
    it would have been very easy to say:

"I do not have all the facts in this situation. To comment on it at this point would not be an accurate opinion or analysis of what may or may not have taken place"

that is just off the top of my head after almost no sleep.
    if he would have said that, the conversation we are having now would not be taking place.
    It's sad that he has taken a more firm stance against a law enforcement officer in our own country than his entire administration has against North Korea or Iran...
    I think some law enforcement officers in our country pose a much greater threat to the people in their community that North Korea or Iran ever did or will.
    Vulchor:
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:

"I do not have all the facts in this situation. To comment on it at this point would not be an accurate opinion or analysis of what may or may not have taken place"

if he would have said that, the conversation we are having now would not be taking place.
    It's sad that he has taken a more firm stance against a law enforcement officer in our own country than his entire administration has against North Korea or Iran...
    I think some law enforcement officers in our country pose a much greater threat to the people in their community that North Korea or Iran ever did or will.
    unless they happen top get a nuke.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Vulchor:
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:

Yea, because everyone knows all the local police departments fund Hamas and other terrorist organizations that kill thousands of people on a daily basis... This quote was written very stupidly... To quote your messiah. If you are going to make claims and accusations have some kind of facts and opinions to back them up. The officers in this situation in Cambridge did nothing wrong or illegal in any way. So many people trash the police non stop until they need their help.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    PuroFreak:
    Vulchor:
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:

Yea, because everyone knows all the local police departments fund Hamas and other terrorist organizations that kill thousands of people on a daily basis... This quote was written very stupidly... To quote your messiah. If you are going to make claims and accusations have some kind of facts and opinions to back them up. The officers in this situation in Cambridge did nothing wrong or illegal in any way. So many people trash the police non stop until they need their help.

Damn Puro thats what you guys do with the money from the Policemans Ball tickets ??? Son of a ...I dont even begin to understand how someone could seriously think that ...
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Vulchor:
    PuroFreak:
    kuzi16:

WTF? With stupid comments like that, plus the fact officers in some townships and boroughs literally make just above minimum wage (yet risk their lives) I'm surprised anyone would become a police officer. Dude, pick some more deserving targets than cops and retarded kids.
    Ahhh Luko again defending the honor or the handicapped and the minimum wage earners. I didnt say anything about the cops in Cambrige, I was referred to L.E. officers in general. And as far as nukes go...you are the same people who feel Iraq had W.M.D.'s, so while you may not like my opinion lets make clear that Iran or N. Korea is not effecting US on a daily basis-----but $hitty, cowboy, small d!ck compensating cops are roaming the streets in everyones hometown.
    Vulchor:
    Ahhh Luko again defending the honor or the handicapped and the minimum wage earners. I didnt say anything about the cops in Cambrige, I was referred to L.E. officers in general. And as far as nukes go...you are the same people who feel Iraq had W.M.D.'s, so while you may not like my opinion lets make clear that Iran or N. Korea is not effecting US on a daily basis-----but $hitty, cowboy, small d!ck compensating cops are roaming the streets in everyones hometown.
    You know, I'm not going to say that there aren't bad cops out there, because we all know there are, but for you to attack and entire profession like that and to use such lame sterotypes makes you no better than a racist in my opinion. It is discrimination at best. You don't like an entire group based on the actions of a VERY few. You obviously don't like cops because you either:

A. Got a speeding ticket that you thought was B.S. because you were the only car on the road, despite the fact you WERE actually breaking the law.
    B. Don't understand the simple fact that Police are here to save your a$$, NOT kiss it.
    or C. You smoke dope and don't understand why the cops always f**k with you over it. (The answer to that is because it is ILLEGAL. We don't write the laws, we just have to enforce them.)

When you make statement like that you show just how ignorant you are to the way the world REALLY works. First of all, Iran DOES have an effect on the price of oil which DOES effect EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN. There is a huge difference in Iraq's "wmds" and Iran or N. Korea in that they are openly pursuing Nuclear weapons and don't care who knows it.
    PuroFreak:
    Vulchor:
    You know, I'm not going to say that there aren't bad cops out there, because we all know there are, but for you to attack and entire profession like that and to use such lame sterotypes makes you no better than a racist in my opinion. It is discrimination at best. You don't like an entire group based on the actions of a VERY few. You obviously don't like cops because you either:

A. Got a speeding ticket that you thought was B.S. because you were the only car on the road, despite the fact you WERE actually breaking the law.
    B. Don't understand the simple fact that Police are here to save your a$$, NOT kiss it.
    or C. You smoke dope and don't understand why the cops always f**k with you over it. (The answer to that is because it is ILLEGAL. We don't write the laws, we just have to enforce them.)

When you make statement like that you show just how ignorant you are to the way the world REALLY works. First of all, Iran DOES have an effect on the price of oil which DOES effect EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN. There is a huge difference in Iraq's "wmds" and Iran or N. Korea in that they are openly pursuing Nuclear weapons and don't care who knows it.
    Well lets count the ways your wrong here.1. My original post said SOME cops, check it if you'd like---thats not an entire profession.2. No speeding ticket3.Work with cops everyday and don't expect anyone to kiss my ass4. I haven't smoked pot since Junior year of college 7 years ago.Any other rambling ideas mixed with a good bit of your own attempt to make a point by drawing on warn out opinions and false presumptions about the way I (or anyone else) on here feels?
    Also, I could call you ignorant and use CAPS TO stress my points as well. But I dont see the need to attack in that way or question your view on the world. Even though if Iran didnt have any oil or had more oil than any other country, OPEC would decide, not Iran exactly. And yes, aquiring nuclear technology/waepons is dangerous for these countries (despite the fact they are bankrupt $hit holes decades behind in missle technology & with citizens always ready to revolt)----but certainly not for us or other countries because we can be trusted and are both morally and mentally superior right?? Not saying there are not real issues in these places....but the war mongering by some in the country makes me ill.
    Vulchor:
    i dont think iran has nukes. i think they have potential to have them.

if iran had nukes i think there would be a good chance that they would have already used them.

and in a way your right. cops do effect my community on a daily basis. but their influence is small given the number of GOOD cops out there. Iran may not influence us on a daily basis, but when they finally DO influence the US it could be huge.

i do however feel that these two are unrelated. cops and Iran? seriously? apples and oranges.
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:
    i dont think iran has nukes. i think they have potential to have them.

if iran had nukes i think there would be a good chance that they would have already used them.

and in a way your right. cops do effect my community on a daily basis. but their influence is small given the number of GOOD cops out there. Iran may not influence us on a daily basis, but when they finally DO influence the US it could be huge.

i do however feel that these two are unrelated. cops and Iran? seriously? apples and oranges.
    I think this was well stated Kuzi and what I would like to say for the most part, although I do stress that at this time in this country I thiink bad cops effect more people than the daily remablings of Ajdahmidinijad (thats my blind try at spelling it, but I know its wrong) but if only I didnt try to stir the d@mn pot up so much:)lol....Hope your having a good day.
    Vulchor:
    Ajdahmidinijad (thats my blind try at spelling it, but I know its wrong)
    it is spelled:
    Mahmud "Iminajihad"

sorry... couldnt resist.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    kuzi16:
    Vulchor:
    Ajdahmidinijad (thats my blind try at spelling it, but I know its wrong)
    it is spelled:
    Mahmud "Iminajihad"

sorry... couldnt resist.
    lol..
    Vulchor:
    PuroFreak:
    Vulchor:

Well lets count the ways your wrong here.1. My original post said SOME cops, check it if you'd like---thats not an entire profession.2. No speeding ticket3.Work with cops everyday and don't expect anyone to kiss my ass4. I haven't smoked pot since Junior year of college 7 years ago.Any other rambling ideas mixed with a good bit of your own attempt to make a point by drawing on warn out opinions and false presumptions about the way I (or anyone else) on here feels?
    "$hitty, cowboy, small d!ck compensating cops are roaming the streets in everyones hometown"

This was the line that really struck a nerve with me. That is attacking and entire profession. It is attacking every law enforcement agency in the country and that is not right. Everyone is quick to slam police officers because of a hand full of incidents that make headlines nationally when in reality, most are just honest guys trying to earn a living for their families. Having been in this business for several years now and working with numerous departments, I can tell you that it is a tough job that most people can't handle. It's easy to ridicule that which you do not understand.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    PuroFreak:
    Vulchor:
    PuroFreak:
    Vulchor:

"$hitty, cowboy, small d!ck compensating cops are roaming the streets in everyones hometown"

This was the line that really struck a nerve with me. That is attacking and entire profession. It is attacking every law enforcement agency in the country and that is not right. Everyone is quick to slam police officers because of a hand full of incidents that make headlines nationally when in reality, most are just honest guys trying to earn a living for their families. Having been in this business for several years now and working with numerous departments, I can tell you that it is a tough job that most people can't handle. It's easy to ridicule that which you do not understand.

I agree with Puro 100% on this. I was involved in an automobile accident that was WITNESSED by 3 County Sherriffs, and investigated by countless detectives and police officers. It was my fault, no questions about it. I didn't see the light change from green to red and T boned another car.

But all these law enforcement officials weren't out to hang me from the gallows. I'm an honest hard working citizen and I made a mistake that could have cost somebodies life. I'm incredibly greatful it didn't, and I'm very pleased at how they all have handle the situation. I can honestly say that my opinion of them has definitaly changed for the better.
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046

He didn't say EVERY COP... he just said there are some EVERYWHERE.
    I think someone has struck a nerve. I don't think he was "attacking" your profession Puro.
    laker1963:

He didn't say EVERY COP... he just said there are some EVERYWHERE.
    I think someone has struck a nerve. I don't think he was "attacking" your profession Puro.
    That attacked every police department in the country, that is an attack on the profession. There are good officers out there and there are departments full of good officers. His statement was based on ignorance and a vast generalization that has no validity.

Ok, I am done debating this topic though. Without some kind of proof or facts or figures that can be cited to show that every department in the country has bad cops that are a threat to the public then it is purely a bias, and or ignorant, opinion that doesn't even deserve a responce.
    PuroFreak:
    Without some kind of proof or facts or figures that can be cited to show that every department in the country has bad cops that are a threat to the public then it is purely a bias, and or ignorant, opinion that doesn't even deserve a responce.
    with out proof, facts, figures, statistics that there are
    the entire argument is a logical fallacy. it is a hasty generalization.

however, that one line was used to make a point and is now being singled out. the argument here is this:

do bad cops influence the daily lives of US citizens more than Iran?

not "are all cops bad or what percentage" this is also a logical fallacy. Its a "red herring"
    The fallacy gets its name from fox hunting, specifically from the practice of using smoked herrings, which are red, to distract hounds from the scent of their quarry. Just as a hound may be prevented from catching a fox by distracting it with a red herring, so an arguer may be prevented from proving his point by distracting him with a tangential issue.

back on track here...
    for arguments sake, lets just say that 1% of all the departments in the US had one ( 1 ) bad cop.
    that minuscule number of bad cops have more influence over the daily lives of the citizens of the US than Iran does.
    on the other hand, if Iran gains power and maybe a nuke then uses it on us Iran will have way more influence on the US than the minuscule number of bad cops.

if the line in question is offensive because of the language i cant help here. we have no right to be "not offended"
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:
    Without some kind of proof or facts or figures that can be cited to show that every department in the country has bad cops that are a threat to the public then it is purely a bias, and or ignorant, opinion that doesn't even deserve a responce.
    with out proof, facts, figures, statistics that there are
    the entire argument is a logical fallacy. it is a hasty generalization.

however, that one line was used to make a point and is now being singled out. the argument here is this:

do bad cops influence the daily lives of US citizens more than Iran?

not "are all cops bad or what percentage" this is also a logical fallacy. Its a "red herring"
    The fallacy gets its name from fox hunting, specifically from the practice of using smoked herrings, which are red, to distract hounds from the scent of their quarry. Just as a hound may be prevented from catching a fox by distracting it with a red herring, so an arguer may be prevented from proving his point by distracting him with a tangential issue.

back on track here...
    for arguments sake, lets just say that 1% of all the departments in the US had one ( 1 ) bad cop.
    that minuscule number of bad cops have more influence over the daily lives of the citizens of the US than Iran does.
    on the other hand, if Iran gains power and maybe a nuke then uses it on us Iran will have way more influence on the US than the minuscule number of bad cops.

if the line in question is offensive because of the language i cant help here. we have no right to be "not offended"
    But here is the point, his story doesn't add up because of that line in his argument. I don't agree that bad police officers have more influence over our lives that Iran does. Iran does have an effect on the price of oil. Yes OPEC does control the oil industry in the Midlle East, but guess what? Iran is a founding member or OPEC. Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, and Venezuela all combined to form OPEC in 1960. Yes Iran DOES have infuence in OPEC and there for the price of oil, and all of us feel their influence here at home everytime we go to the gas pump. I'm betting you fill up your car more often than you get pulled over.

Iran doesn't have to use a Nuke on the U.S. to have an effect on us all. All they have to do is hit an oil producing country, or Israel, or any of our allies with one. This would have a profound effect on our nation through gas prices and a number of other economic problems.
    PuroFreak:
    I'm betting you fill up your car more often than you get pulled over.
    you have no idea how fast i drive.

but more importantly, this argument is now on track.

Red herring:
    if we drilled all of our own oil then Iran wouldnt matter to us.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    kuzi16:
    Red herring:
    if we drilled all of our own oil then Iran wouldnt matter to us.

I'm taking the bait... Drilling our own oil
    Utah.Gov Services:
    The state of Utah is ranked 13th in the country in crude oil production and 8th in natural gas production (Energy Information Administration; rankings based on 2007 production, not including Federal Offshore production areas). There are approximately 8,600 wells currently in production within the state.

... How much oil do we actually need or I guess consume in this country?
    On another note, just because I view N. Korea and Iran as a threat, doesn't mean I am a warmonger and the name calling is very juvenile. It doesn't serve any purpose to put an extremist name on someone just because you disagree with them. If any of us had said: "We need to nuke Iran and N. Korea off the planet." then yea, I could see your attack being valid.
    nightmaremike31:
    ... How much oil do we actually need or I guess consume in this country?
    Today, the world gulps a bit over 85 million barrels daily. the US alone is about 20 million a day.

there is speculation out there that the US, right this minute, has more oil in the ground, off shore, and in shale than Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Iran, and Kuwait combined have ever had. Im not sure how true this is but if it is, more drilling here would be a great economic stimulus and it would keep oil prices down a bit more.

but i was enjoying the last debate... can we go back to that?
    PuroFreak:
    On another note, just because I view N. Korea and Iran as a threat, doesn't mean I am a warmonger and the name calling is very juvenile. It doesn't serve any purpose to put an extremist name on someone just because you disagree with them. If any of us had said: "We need to nuke Iran and N. Korea off the planet." then yea, I could see your attack being valid.
    they ae a threat but at the same time they arent. if iran started nuking the US im sure at some point we would just wipe them off the map. sooner or later people will see how nuts they are. Mutual Assured Destruction still has a roll. maybe not as big as it did with Russia, but it still has a roll.
    kuzi16:
    PuroFreak:
    they ae a threat but at the same time they arent. if iran started nuking the US im sure at some point we would just wipe them off the map. sooner or later people will see how nuts they are. Mutual Assured Destruction still has a roll. maybe not as big as it did with Russia, but it still has a roll.
    Well then NUKE THEM OFF THE PLANET! Oh wait! lol Thats not what I meant. What I really meant was that Iran is a threat in more ways than just a direct hit on our soil. I honestly don't think they have, or even could have, the technology to strike at the U.S. in the distant future. They could have the ability to strike many of our allies and economic ties over seas which would have a ripple effect through our country. They also would have no problem selling nuclear material and possibly weapons to terrist organizations that could do massive amounts of damage both inside our country, and abroad.
    Im glad it was decided that we're beyond the police officer thing. Because I could say I work with great cops everyday (which I do for my job in fact), but that point will be missed. It is just a shame that we cannot have a debate or an argument over something without ones personal bias getting in the way of the conversation or taking a broad statement involvoing a few loose cannons to heart as one directed at a single individual or an entire group.