Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

BOTL Biggest Loser

Comments

• RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    Hit the gym this AM arms and chest feel great. Went to a burger shop yesterday for lunch and deff ate something that wasnt the healthiest owe well. i eat fairly good anyways so not a big deal
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,787
    Cardio today. Kicked my butt. Been a while since I've done that much. I actually almost puked. Feels awesome!
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 676
    great idea hays. I did this morning on the elliptical, and I am going to try to hit some more tonight, saddest thing to me is, I get about 2 hours a day to work out at work on work time, and I still never do it...lol. I hope this gets everyone off their respective a55es. great idea to motivate each other.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Good deal... I live 2 min away from my gym, and I'm in there 5 days a week. 1/2 cardio 1/2 weights on Mon/Weds/Fri, and solid cardio on Tues/Thurs... Keeping the calories under 2k, and I'm seeing some serious movement. Loving it!
    I see serious movement every time I try to exercise
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    Hays:
    Good deal... I live 2 min away from my gym, and I'm in there 5 days a week. 1/2 cardio 1/2 weights on Mon/Weds/Fri, and solid cardio on Tues/Thurs... Keeping the calories under 2k, and I'm seeing some serious movement. Loving it!
    Damn I see I am going to have to step up my game I see you aint playen

Damn under 2000 calories and you weigh in at almost 300 right I know your ass is starven good for you man keep up the good work
    jship079:
    Hays:
    Damn I see I am going to have to step up my game I see you aint playen

Damn under 2000 calories and you weigh in at almost 300 right I know your ass is starven good for you man keep up the good work
    Yeah, but honestly, I'm sort of a 'fake fat guy'. Hard to tell from crappy photos, but in person I'm a pretty stocky guy and am fairly muscular. I used to workout regularly and have been in much better shape than I am now, so that's a big part of my motivation to get back there. I've tried to keep myself active in the time since, and late last year I finished a 9-mile marathon event...

The problem is, I really need to almost double my workout to see the kinds of gains that I want to see - I do an hour each day, so mon/wed/fri it's .5hr cardio, .5hr weights, and then tues/thurs 1hr cardio. I'll probably step it up in a month or so.

As far as eating goes...ya know, it's surprising how you can fill yourself up when you just pay attention to what you're eating, and how to eat it. Because I tend to eat a lot of pasta, one of the things that turned my head was when I compared store-bought sauces... Alfredo sauce: single-serving portion of sauce alone is 250 calories. Tomato sauce: single-serving portion: 50 calories. In another words, I could eat twice as much pasta with tomato sauce and still be at half the calories were I to have had alfredo pasta. (This is also just accounting for store-bought...gets even easier when you make it at home, and making sauces is sO easy).
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    Went snowshoing yesterday and I have sore muscles where I didn't know I even had muscles.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    Goldy:
    Went snowshoing yesterday and I have sore muscles where I didn't know I even had muscles.
    I love finding those muscles that tells you were you need the most work. That sounds great getting a good work out in a fun way.
    arms and abs sore from yesterday. Also did a little laser tag today and that was a quick 15 min cardio against 10yr old kids lol.
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    RaschNuts:
    arms and abs sore from yesterday. Also did a little laser tag today and that was a quick 15 min cardio against 10yr old kids lol.
    Now that sounds like fun!
  • Garen BGaren B Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 977
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Here's my entry!
    Nothing better then getting up at 5:30 and going to the gym. I feel great. legs a little sore and still sore from last work out but what a feeling. No better feeling when your hot and sweaty walking back from the gym in 20 degree weather.
    Did everyone give up already? This will be easier then i thought.
    Hell no son! Solid hour of cardio today! And I'm liking the scale - says I'm down 2lbs already, but day-to-day can never be trusted... We'll see how it goes come week-end.
    Nice. Ya i did 30 min of Cardio today. Got to be carefull with the Knee dontw ant to go for a fourth surgery any time soon.
    RaschNuts:
    Nice. Ya i did 30 min of Cardio today. Got to be carefull with the Knee dontw ant to go for a fourth surgery any time soon.
    Well, you could do stuff like the bike or elliptical right? Much less impact than running... When I say 1hr cardio, that equals: 20min running, 20min elliptical, 20min bike - different paces depending on the equipment, but just maintaining the target heart rate. You can do it bro!
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    I was meaning to say this, GOOD LUCK GUYS! I know I would not be able to follow you guys so i never entered. But really I wish you all the best.
    Hays:
    RaschNuts:
    Well, you could do stuff like the bike or elliptical right? Much less impact than running... When I say 1hr cardio, that equals: 20min running, 20min elliptical, 20min bike - different paces depending on the equipment, but just maintaining the target heart rate. You can do it bro!
    ya i did the bike its best right now dont want to jump to eliptical yet. after about 25 min or so it started to bug me yesterday thats why i only did 30 min. im sure in the next week or two ill be able to go an hr easily.
    So far just seems like Me and Hays been following our plan.. Who else is with us....
    Thought I would share what i got to walk to the gym in this morning. Got to love NH Snow Storms.

Photobucket
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Easy there Rasch....dont assume for the rest of is. I'm Still active...dont worry. Just not much to talk about-----too busy hating life with less food and more exercise;)
    Vulchor:
    Easy there Rasch....dont assume for the rest of is. I'm Still active...dont worry. Just not much to talk about-----too busy hating life with less food and more exercise;)
    Just trying to get everyone going and keep people motivated. Get the smack talk going is always fun.
    RaschNuts:
    Vulchor:
    Just trying to get everyone going and keep people motivated. Get the smack talk going is always fun.
    Agreed... pretty sure that's all that Rasch was going for there bud. Either way, I'm getting ready for my workout today - weights and cardio baby!
    Lower body today....... gonna be hurtin tomorrow!
    lilwing88:
    Heck yeah Marty! Cardio and weights for me today... I'm (sort of) lazy on the weights - I've been working out solely my upper body. I figure, my legs are strong enough, and they get plenty of workout from my cardio. Need to throw some ab workouts in, probably start with those in February.
    I have been just trying to do cardio for now, trying to get a plan before I get too crazy all at once. I always tend to overdo it, then stop to rest, then never start again. Cardio every day so far

on a side note, can we "fat" bomb our competition....once again question for the rules police?? Box of twinkies might help me win some gars??
    Hays:
    lilwing88:
    Heck yeah Marty! Cardio and weights for me today... I'm (sort of) lazy on the weights - I've been working out solely my upper body. I figure, my legs are strong enough, and they get plenty of workout from my cardio. Need to throw some ab workouts in, probably start with those in February.
    I got to do the lower body cause of me knee build that up again. Its funny i do 10 min of bike before weights and then tues/thursday doing 30 min of cardio soon to be an hr. I dont think if lost a lb maybe 1 or 2 but i think im still building some muscle back so as i loose the fat and build the muscle doesnt look like im loosing anything. Im sure that will even out soon enough.
    Cardio today...... 20 mins high-intensity. Burned about 500 cals. Nice.

Upper body tomorrow. Might have to do cardio also. I try to alternate cardio and weights, but I'm going out of town this weekend and don't know if I'll be able to get to a treadmill.

I'm going on a little hunting trip, so it's gonna be hard to stick to diet. Gonna pack lots of protein bars and shakes, some apples and all my vitamins.

The hard part will be the drinking......
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    I wish I had joined this here little contest cause I'd kick all your bitches asses! HAHAHA. On a serious note, there's and old truism that "weight loss happens in the kitchen" which means you've got to track your calories. There is a great online cal tracker that I've been using for a few years called My Fitness Pal. Check it out.
    Jeff
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    lilwing88:
    Cardio today...... 20 mins high-intensity. Burned about 500 cals. Nice.

Upper body tomorrow. Might have to do cardio also. I try to alternate cardio and weights, but I'm going out of town this weekend and don't know if I'll be able to get to a treadmill.

I'm going on a little hunting trip, so it's gonna be hard to stick to diet. Gonna pack lots of protein bars and shakes, some apples and all my vitamins.

The hard part will be the drinking......
    I hear you about the booze. Keep in mind that drinking a cocktail will lower your livers ability to metabolize fat by 70% for 24-36 hours.