Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Make A Wish (read first post)

Comments

• greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    greg2648:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    When did this become a HTF MaW? I think we should have 2 MaWs...1 with the original intent, good daily or average smokes you are looking to try, and a Hard to Find version. Thoughts....

Pm Brett
    I was under the impression that you could "wish" for what ever you wanted. However, be aware that if you wish for HTF cigars that it may not ever be granted. I believe that it was suggested to include a few of the more common sticks in your wish, if you expected it to be granted.
    Check the first post Greg with the guidelines..."First: don’t wish for OpusX, La Aurora Preferidos, or other very high end cigars. We aren’t trying to break the other guy’s bank. We are just trying to try some new cigars here. Use some judgment, and if there is a question on if the cigar is too “high end” the forum at large will decide."
    Yea. I see that. You may be right in starting an HTF MAW thread. I am just concerned that no body will frequent it. I thought we had one started a few months ago.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    greg2648:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    greg2648:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    When did this become a HTF MaW? I think we should have 2 MaWs...1 with the original intent, good daily or average smokes you are looking to try, and a Hard to Find version. Thoughts....

Pm Brett
    I was under the impression that you could "wish" for what ever you wanted. However, be aware that if you wish for HTF cigars that it may not ever be granted. I believe that it was suggested to include a few of the more common sticks in your wish, if you expected it to be granted.
    Check the first post Greg with the guidelines..."First: don’t wish for OpusX, La Aurora Preferidos, or other very high end cigars. We aren’t trying to break the other guy’s bank. We are just trying to try some new cigars here. Use some judgment, and if there is a question on if the cigar is too “high end” the forum at large will decide."
    Yea. I see that. You may be right in starting an HTF MAW thread. I am just concerned that no body will frequent it. I thought we had one started a few months ago.
    I appologize for any ill will that I may have created... some of the sticks I wished for were certainly HTF's... but in all honesty many of them were not that tough to find or have and certainly not expensive. I truly did try to lay down a range of cigars from the shoot for the stars down to the fairly normal "hey I want to try these". I also was concerned myself and asked a few veterans opinions on this and the response was wish for what you like, if no one moves on it for a while then expand. It doesn't hurt to ask, ONLY to EXPECT. I put out a list of a wide range for that reason... because honestly ANY cigars I get NO MATTER HOW LITTLE OR HOW MUCH they cost I am TRULY humbled and honored and grateful to receive! I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but I truly believe that my intent was taken incorrectly and not for what I truly meant. Those of you that truly know me and that I talk to with frequency know that I am not the type of person to try to weasel anything or anyone and the last thing on my mind is to take advantage of any situation... I'm truly sorry that it came off that way, and I will do whatever I can to make amends for it, I just need someone to speak up to say how I may.

Todd, buddy you sure as heck don't need to grant my wish, may be better off just fading back on this one and I am more than happy to pass my wish to you my friend! Thanks Todd!
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    Brett, I wasn't trying to offend either and it probably came across that I was calling you out, which that was not my intentions. I just wanted to ask if we should separate this thread into two, the PiF could also be done this way as well. I don't want to sit and police threads, and no one should have to, I just wanted you I feel where I was coming from in the PM and here in the thread. Wishing without expectations is perfectly fine, but like many have said..there is nothing wrong with wishing, but don't expect everything and don't be offended if you have to modify your wish.
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    greg2648:
    Shaun.Harrison87:

Pm Brett
    I want to grant a wish.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,493
    I still want a GTO.
  • RCY CigarsRCY Cigars Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,346
    Direwolf:
    I still want a GTO.

I'm sorry Isaac, LOL!

lcpleel:
    greg2648:
    Shaun.Harrison87:

Pm Brett
    I want to grant a wish.
    Isaac, how bout I turn the tables on you and grant YOUR wish?? ;) PM me if interested my friend, seriously :)
    90+ Irishman:
    lcpleel:
    greg2648:
    Shaun.Harrison87:

Pm Brett
    I want to grant a wish.
    Isaac, how bout I turn the tables on you and grant YOUR wish?? ;) PM me if interested my friend, seriously :)
    No I want to grant the wish!! I dont remember the last time I granted a wish.
    RCY Cigars:
    Direwolf:
    I still want a GTO.

I'm sorry Isaac, LOL!

Yo Rick can we paint your car and throw on a body kit?? I really want to hook Randalalalalala up!
  • MarkerMarker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,524
    I used to grant a bunch but I can't grant more than 1 thing on any of these lists.
    It's ok.. I'll be able to restore one someday lol
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    greg2648:
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    greg2648:
    Shaun.Harrison87:

Pm Brett
    sorry i havent been keeping up on this thread myself...

i have no problem with a HTF MAW but i started this thread so that people could try new release regular production cigars before buying a box or diving in head first. it was never intended to try to find anything on someones bucket list. just so a few brothers could do a solid for another BOTL

it was also intended so that new people could get in on trades (hence the waiting period ans the slow moving nature of it) and build a reputation on the forum as a good trader.

also, the original rules (that we kinda got away from) were to wish for something and get three of one cigar, not so much a sampler pack. i dont mind the sampler thing so much but i did that because i personally have a hard time making a solid judgement on one cigar on one day. if that was the case i wouldnt like the Tatuaje Havana series. the first one i had was not that good for some reason.

I disliked the one and only Tat Havana nobles I had. Never got or wanted more. Sent them all to people who liked them.
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    Marker:
    I disliked the one and only Tat Havana nobles I had. Never got or wanted more. Sent them all to people who liked them.
    I didnt like Marker the first time I met him, but then after the 3rd time I did. :)
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Marker:
    I didnt like Marker the first time I met him, but then after the 3rd time I did. :)
    Hahahahhaha
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Marker:
    LMAO!

I've only had a couple Tat Havana's and enjoyed em
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    Marker:
    Even Michael Jordan has to look in the mirror one day and say;

'I'm good enough. I'm smart enough and doggone it, people like me.'
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Should hit Brett Saturday, game will continue then...............DC 0311 1660 0001 2257 5475
    Sorry for the delay, it has been an over consuming weekend with so many irons in the fire. Todd laid me out in a total yard-sale... MAW has been granted in a massive way and Todd is cleared to post his Wish. Pics to be posted quite soon ;)
    Todd flat out threw me under the bus, I can't say thank you enough Todd this is one of the most impressive set of cigars I've seen thank you so very much! I'll let the pics speak for themselves, also took a few other shots of them as well.

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    I didn't know you got such fine cigars thru CRA, I'm assuming that's for a lifetime membership. Think I'm gonna use next months cigar budget to join up.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    So what in the world happened to this? This is one of the greatest threads and a great way to try out cigars you have not had before. I know the "top three you want to try" is moving as well and is much of a faster version of this, or has turned into the new MAW thread.

Last we changed this to was just listing not only one, but a few cigars on your wish list, so this moves faster. And maybe to make it even faster, once you send out the smokes and post the DC#, you should go ahead and MAW to keep it moving.

This is Kuzi's original thread and don't want to change what he posted in the the first post, but just to move things faster and keep this thread going!

So who's wishing? Todd, lets get that 20 count magical humi of yours filled up. What ya want? LOL
    I never have anything to fulfill someone's wish lol
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Direwolf:
    I never have anything to fulfill someone's wish lol
    lol I got to fulfill one wish in 154 pages!

Now that I think of it, it was the 'top 3' thread. I've never fulfilled a wish either. Crap!
    I fulfilled quite a few but then they got crazy. So I hit up the top three thread a bunch. I have slowed my bombings recently...
    Last I knew, it was Todd's turn to Make a Wish?
  • Russ55Russ55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,762
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Russ55:
    Bump
    n grind
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Did Todd disappear or something? It's been a month since the last package was sent out.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Sent him a PM.